All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

I have never felt easy with the statement, “losing your salvation,” or “once saved always saved.” Both are statements are made by human pride. Many who say, “once saved always saved.” seem to act anyway they want. The words Genuine Faith are connected with genuine repentance. Genuine Faith is Led by The Spirit. I will share more with responses.  So there is a question, how do any of you see these things?  Yet, if you truly are saved, Fruit is produced. 

Views: 1987

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great words of comfort Roy thanks.

your Brother in Christ,

jm

Roy,

I know several people struggle with being able to trust and this struggle in the relationships for such people in the horizontal realm often carries over into the vertical realm -- between person and God. To trust is a choice and God asks for our trust independent of our understanding. I agree on that point.

But --

Most definitely there is a connection between understanding and resting if we believe literally the words of Christ in the following passage for He speaks of both learning from Him and finding rest.

Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” (Matthew 11:28-30 ESV)

Is enlightenment the same as understanding?

Is the awakening of the spiritually dead about receiving supernatural enlightenment?

Don't we need wisdom?

We need supernatural understanding IMO. It comes from God. We are to trust in God with all our heart and lean not unto our own understanding.

I feel very discouraged right now, too, because I've been reading about resting in God and it seems most link the two words trust and rest together as if synonymously they are the same.

But even those who experience new birth receive awakening and light. But, their understanding appears to come to them supernaturally.

Today, I'm thinking that we need His wisdom, not our own, and His wisdom comes to us as an act of grace. But, so many are trying to understand the things of God through their own self efforts, with their own understanding.

Food for thought.
Proverbs 3:5
English Standard Version
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.

What does verse 6 say?

Trusting is very important but I think many have a problem trusting because they have a wrong understanding of the God they must trust. The truth can come only from Him. Just my opinion.

Amanda,

I would recommend perhaps reading the Bible in an easier language such as The Message or Living Bible. For instance - the following is pretty clear:

Jn 6:35-40

35 Jesus replied, "I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never be hungry again. Whoever believes in me will never be thirsty. 36 But you haven't believed in me even though you have seen me. 37 However, those the Father has given me will come to me, and I will never reject them. 38 For I have come down from heaven to do the will of God who sent me, not to do my own will. 39 And this is the will of God, that I should not lose even one of all those he has given me, but that I should raise them up at the last day. 40 For it is my Father's will that all who see his Son and believe in him should have eternal life. I will raise them up at the last day."     Holy Bible, New Living Translation 

Why would any of His followers disbelieve what He has said? He tells us that He will never reject those that belong to the Father that He has come to get. It is God's will that all who see the Son and believe in Him should all have eternal life. He is not to lose even one of all that have been given to Him. 

The Words of Christ are spoken to both those who will never believe and to those who do believe in Him. He makes it very, very clear that He is here to get those who believe and that none will be lost - not even one. If they don't believe in Him then they will not accept His words. They will revert to thinking it is by their works which is religion. Those who believe will not rest until they come into alignment with what He has said. They will find rest in Him. I determined not to eat until I knew Him. I belonged to Him. I could do no less. Those who teach the requirement of works are false prophets infiltrating the Body of Christ. Works follow (are a result of) salvation. Not one work makes a person more righteous. Nothing we do makes God love us any differently than He already does. We are His children. He loves us with a divine love that can never, never be removed. Those who believe in Him are His eternally. Those who do not believe in Him are lost eternally. It is simply that easy. 

God will help people understand Him, just as He reveals the simple truth of the gospel. At least I think so. We are dependent upon Him, though, to understand His Word. We may read it day and night but without the working of Holy Spirit, it's just words, isn't it? Do you think the words alone have any power in them?

Yes I do. My words or your words may not mean much. But His Words are powerful. His Word has God Himself behind them. We can put our faith and trust there.

Then why do so many read them but remain unbelievers? The words don't seem to have the power but the power is in the voice behind them.
Like when I'm called a loser -- the power to hurt me depends on who's saying it to me and how much I care about what he or she thinks.

To he who believes, the words are very powerful. They only condemn the unbelievers.

The word can die. In the parable of the sower, the word dies.
Matthew 13 ESV
The Parable of the Sower Explained

18 “Hear then the parable of the sower: 19 When anyone hears the word of the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what has been sown in his heart. This is what was sown along the path. 20 As for what was sown on rocky ground, this is the one who hears the word and immediately receives it with joy, 21 yet he has no root in himself, but endures for a while, and when tribulation or persecution arises on account of the word, immediately he falls away.[b] 22 As for what was sown among thorns, this is the one who hears the word, but the cares of the world and the deceitfulness of riches choke the word, and it proves unfruitful. 23 As for what was sown on good soil, this is the one who hears the word and understands it. He indeed bears fruit and yields, in one case a hundredfold, in another sixty, and in another thirty.”
Understanding is important.
Being rooted is important.

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service