All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

There seems to be two schools of thought. One school says  we each have a free will and can choose to turn to God or not by true repentence and coming to the Cross of Jesus. The other school of thought held by deliverance ministers is that some people are unable to freely choose due to demon oppression/possession that has them bound. I'm sure there are people out there who have been into every conceivable type of sin and have encountered demonic strongholds. My question to you is, did you need a deliverance before you were free to turn to Christ? Or would you say that it was strictly a matter of your will?

Views: 107

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you Jane,

I am willing and interested to read on this forum your findings. I would caution you on crash courses, but I am certain that you have many good things to share with us.

God bless you,
Roy
By crash course, I meant that God can bring knowledge to us quickly. He can show us more in one day or one week then we previously saw in years. He is not limited- we are the ones who have been limited. He can give us a a series of revelations that teach us much in a short time if we are listening to the Spirit and trusting in the Spirit rather then looking to man. The Bible is clear. It says that the Holy Spirit is our teacher. Though we learn from other believers and church leaders, dependence upon the Spirit must be our primary teacher. Until we reach that place, we will grow more slowly with hindrances.
Jane,

When you say that the Spirit teaches you more quickly, are you saying that He teaches you through His Word or through experiences resulting in formulas, etc. What do you mean by that? I am assuming that you are saying that the Spirit teaches us His Word and I would say a great big, "Amen" to that.

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service