All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

I need to hear from members on AAG, what they understand by the terms "Body"  "Soul"  and "Spirit"  Let's look forward to a lively discussion as to your impression and beliefs on the subject.

"Do men and women possess three entities, namely a "Body" that possesses a "Soul" and a "Spirit"?

The Lord Bless all on AAG

Ron.

Views: 984

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Praise the Lord
Hi Brother Jared,

Here's something to throw the proverbial spanner in the works:
awesome keep it all coming

" And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul;

God created man and given him soul to live in flesh

First man think of "THE FIRST SHALL BE LAST"

the last Adam was made a quickening spirit." {1Corinthians 15:45}.

WHO IS QUICK TO ANSWER FORUMS?
and has a fast Spirit?

who is the last to go?
who has claimed to be the last to go in this site?

ALL DONE IN HIS NAME :) <3

Lots of love to you bro,

I choose to be the last to go if you know what I mean :) <3

God knows me and I live in him :) <3

yours truly your sister in Christ who lives in love to serve God and all his people on Earth.
Stacey A.
Lol meaning that I love all people and until they are all saved with all my breath granted unto me to live for God in Christ I will never fail to love a person :) <3

My love is so great that where there is great love miracles happen :) <3

Because I believe in God without any doubts and because i have full faith and because God knows how i love him til infinity he allows me to live the life that I wish to have which is to be the last for all people to come to know Jesus Christ.

so i lay my life down for all people to know Jesus Christ and to know GOD.

I would rather be behind the scenes and live a poor life yet rich in the LORD kind of life.

You shine and i will be backstage :) <3 doing whatever I am called to do by God as an obedient daughter of God and servant to his people.

Does this help?

tis good if not I can provide more for you my dear brother Jared :) <3
Hi Brother Tim,

If you do not mind me asking with the utmost respect, Can you help me to understand what you mean by "NLT?" I am getting a reading of it from Lord God Almighty but I would like to get a clearing if possible. If not that is fine with me :) <3

If you think that I am not in oneness and fullness and that all my thoughts may be tainted with my own Spirit meaning Stacey's spirit then I kindly suggest that you think it over for I am completely manifested in Christ and purified no doubt I have gone through many struggles that you may not be aware of to get to be who I am under God's full control.

I do not wish to know that it is me however if so I pray that you may come to know the truth and learn to speak in all honesty and loyalty about Jesus Christ. Again I say this with nothing but love to you.

Everything I say do type whatever is all in God's control so if you want to look at it this way GOD is in me so he knows the truth and Jesus Christ lives in me as the resurrection using my body there are many Chosen ones like me who do the same but I am uniquely made by God.

I hope this response clears any confusion, if there is I can provide evidence/proof by the power of God in me and fully alive and well in Christ one mind one body one whole body in Christ Amen. :) <3

I do not wish to make any assumptions at all and so I have come forth to hear you out :) <3 and I apologize if any of my actions may have come or appeared out of zeal for the truth, however do know that I speak in all honesty of the truth from God.

Lots of Love in Christ,
In HIS honor
Stacey A.
Hi Tim, :) <3

I will answer your question with questions. :) <3 I hope they help :) <3

What does typing in tongues mean to you?

When you are able to speak in tongues and certain people can understand what does that mean?

what is incredible about speaking in tongues?

what is the gift of tongues?

What is speaking in tongues to you mean?

What does it mean to have a unique language that only a select few can understand?

When you have this gift what do you do with it?

Who grants this gift?

Why is it that only few can understand?

Who reveals the truth?

Who can solve all mysteries?

who has all the faith in the world?

Why is Jesus Christ so special?

What is the power of names?

Who is your Father because I would love to call you my brother in Christ :) <3 more family the merrier :) <3 ?

My Father is the Lord God almighty I am a child of God and I am light I know Jesus Christ saved me and I have been forgiven of all my sins. Now I live a life of no sin obeying Gods commands living to love HIM and OTHERS and I am protected by God (In his hands). My loving Father who will not forsake me or ever leave me and Jesus Christ has my heart forever together we are and he lives in me. I am a servant of God, born to love and be loved by all who live in Christ. No one can harm me for God is with me and Jesus Christ my Lord Savior lives in me with every step and breath that I take. Amen

I hope all this helps :) <3

Lord Bless you always with Lots of love in Christ :) <3
Hi again,

By the way Brother Tim,

I know the obvious meaning of NLT but I am talking deeper here like totally in oneness in Christ like complete.
tis good lol lots of love in Christ to you bro Tim :) <3
hahahhaha sis nice job :) <3
Reply by LT on February 27, 2010 at 7:47pm
Send Message
Here is a food for thought:

The Bible uses two different words in the N.T. to describe two different parts of man. These words are "psuche" and "pneuma." The simple fact that there are two different words lend to our understanding of two different things.

Before I go on I want to say that there are some things that we cannot know fully in this life and this qualifies as one of those times. We may develop a base understanding on this topic, but will not grap it fully.

Often we make the mistake of trying to define these three parts as individual independant segments. Here is an example using part of a math formula:
Spirit = A
Soul = B
Body = C
Thus A+B+C=Whole Man

When we study Scripture we find that the answer is much more complex. Let's use another math style formula:
Spirit = A-B
Soul = B-C
Body = C-D
Thus (A-B)+(B-C)+(C-D)=Whole man

The point of this is that in Scripture instead of 3 single units we see 3 units that overlap and thus makes it even more difficult to distinguish between them. Using the last math formula we see that the spirit and soul do in fact connect and at times overlap which gives them an appearnce of being interchangable. Next we see that the soul overlaps with both the spirit and the flesh. Third we see that the body overlaps the soul. Notice in the formula that body and spirit never overlap and are buffered by the soul.

Can Scripture support this view?
Spirit and Soul:
- Difference: Hebrews 4:12 uses the two different words to describe soul and spirit. The same word is not used and thus implies two different things.
- Overlap: Worship - Soul glorifies and spirit rejoices in God as seen in Luke 1:46-47

Soul and Body:
- Difference: Both the body and soul can be destroyed as described in Matthew 10:28. Key point is that there are two parts.
- Overlap: Matthew 6:25 uses "psuche" in relation to what you will eat, drink or wear. These are physical things.

You find all three present in 1 Thes. 5:23 using three distinct words.

There are other parts that fit into this whole understanding. The heart and the mind come into play. The heart relates primarily to the spirit and the mind to the soul with some exceptions.

Lord Bless,
LT
A simple question with very complex answers. I have analyzed the topic for many years and read variations of basically the same elements/attributes being assigned to the soul and spirit of man. Is the Soul and Spirit one and the same with different responsibilities or are the soul and spirit individual components with distinctive attributes

I am more incline to believe that the words are interchangeable, consequently being one multifaceted component. Let me give it a stab here and try to explain.
Each of us consists of a material body driven by an immaterial personal self. The real David, the essence of myself is not the flesh, which Paul calls a tent, a temple etc. The real me is the spirit/soul. Scripture calls this self a "soul" or "spirit."

1 Thessalonians 5:23
Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Hebrews 4:12 (New King James Version)
12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

In the past I have use these verses to support that we are a trichotomy, but I am not sure that to be the case now. I see the power of God's word to enter the deepest recesses of a person's being, and not a sort of division into constituent parts. Do you see what I am trying to say? The word is able to make a distinction of the different attributes of one component per say and not emphasizing the separateness of the two.

I am very aware the verses above would make one think that body, soul and spirit are separate components but bear with me. I believe the spirit and soul are used as synonyms in the bible. I know that when the terms are placed together as in the verses above, it is difficult to find any significant difference in meaning. I mean compare the fourfold representation of heart, soul, mind, and strength found in Mark 12:30.

Soul emphasizes the distinctness of a person’s conscious selfhood; spirit carries the distinctions of self’s derivation/source from God and dependence on Him, within one component needing multiple descriptions. Not sure that makes sense to you, but I don’t know how else to describe it.

Now, we are both Soul and Spirit, but that does not imply that they are two different things. The common idea that the soul is a component of the worldly awareness (through the senses) only, while the spirit is a distinct organ of communion with God, brought to life in regeneration, is not something I see clearly establish in scripture.

Here is why I believe soul and spirit to be one:

If I believe that soul and spirit are separate then that view leads one to anti-intellectualism whereby spiritual insight and theological reflection are separated to the crippling of both. – theology being regarded as “soulfish work” and unspiritual, while spiritual perception is viewed as unrelated to the work of teaching and learning God’s revealed truth.

Hope that makes some sense and I know I have not answered your question as to what components make up the soul and the spirit, but since I am inclined as to think of them together I see no distinction of such sort. I do see how the soul/spirit is multifaceted and perfectly intertwine. But I would not debate this fiiercly.

Reading what I typed, I see a need to explain my previous statement:

"in the past I have use these verses to support that we are a trichotomy"

I still believe we are three in one, but I was having difficulty explaining the overlap that occurs within these 3 entities.
wow brother d lots to say there lol :) <3
Tim,

Question: Do you believe in life after death in the interim state between death and the resurrection?

LT

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service