These notes may be reproduced except for commercial purposes
DELIVERANCE FROM DEMONS
(To be used together with pamphlet “How to Break Curses”)
1. OUR BODY IS INTENDED TO BE THE TEMPLE OF THE
(1 Corinthians 3:16,17; 1 Corinthians 6:19, 20)
Plan of Satan to defile temple, e.g. sexual intercourse outside of
marriage, perverted sex, smoking addiction, alcohol addiction.
My first deliverance - spirit of abortion cast out of a Christian.
Man aged 40 years curled up like foetus and screamed. Mother had
tried to abort him when he was in the womb.
Radio reporter had similar vision of angels around our home. Study
became like a zoo.
2. SATAN SEEKS TO INVADE THE BODY OF THE
BELIEVER AND THE UNBELIEVER
(1) Can a Christian have a demon?
(a) Nothing in original Greek to justify putting the word
“possessed” alongside the word “demons”. The correct
translation is to have an unclean, evil spirit. (Matthew
(b) A Christian cannot be possessed by demons but can
be under the influence of or have an evil spirit. Ananias
and Sapphira. (Acts 5:3)
Example. (Proverbs 20:27; Proverbs 20:30)
I have prayed for a pentecostal pastor of 20 years
experience who had breathing problems. He manifested
demons before he was healed.
(2) Satan is an intelligence who wants to stop us being a Christian
or being an effective Christian. (Romans 6:6; Romans 6:11)
(3) Satan has descending orders of authority in the heavens.
3. JESUS HAS SPOILED SATAN’S AUTHORITY
Note Daniel 10:13. (cf Singapore Cathedral, Vanuatu, Suva
4. THE STRONG MEN (Matthew 12:29)
(1) Spirit of Jezebel which works with the spirit of Ahab in men.
(1 Kings 16:29-33)
Isaiah 47:8-10,12; Revelation 2:20-21 False prophets, sexual
immorality. Things offered to idols.
Origin: Disobedience to the commandment not to worship idols.
(Exodus 20:1-5; Deuteronomy 6:5)
(a) She established idolatry (1 Kings 16:30-33; 1 Kings
21:26) Spirit of Jezebel means mother-child religion.
Double-mindedness (James 1:8) schizophrenia. Ahab
was weak-minded (1 Kings 21:4), was the tool of his wife,
Jezebel (1 Kings 21:7&25).
Isaiah 47 - Senility (verse 6), drug abuse (verse 9), occult
worship and witchcraft (verse 9), illicit sexual sins (verse
8), terror (verse 12 - NIV version), astrology (verse 13),
Queen of kingdoms (Revelation 17:1-6; Revelation 17:15).
(b) Fruits of Jezebel: Radical feminism (e.g. worship of
Wicca), homosexuality, the occult.
Sickness (Revelation 2:22-23). Strike her children dead.
Divorce. (Revelation 2:20)
(c) Children of Jezebel Child’s name “Terror”.
Nimrod - Semerimus - Astaroth. Mother-child pattern
- demonic Queen of Heaven, Venus, Diana, Astaroth,
Masculine characteristics. Example of woman of 50 years
of age who raised her skirts like a child of 5 as the demon
of rebellion manifested.
Spirits under the control of Jezebel
Children (Isaiah 47:8) Addictions, adultery, arrogance, broken
marriages, charms, deception, divination, domination, drugs, fear,
radical feminism, filthiness (of the spirit and the flesh), fornication,
free love, frigidity, hatred, harlotry, heresies, homosexuality, idolatry,
incest and indecency (comes as result of a curse from a previous
generation involved in idolatry), jealousy, lasciviousness, lust, unclean
thoughts, masturbation, occultic things, perverted sexual acts,
oral sex, false religion and heresies (e.g. Mormonism, Jehovah’s
Witnesses, Children of God), pride, sorcery, schizophrenia, spiritism,
spiritual blindness (e.g. Freemasonry, Mormonism); spirit of religion,
witchcraft, ie domination, lying, blasphemy, covetousness, humanism.
The ruling spirit under Jezebel is DECEPTION.
Note: Four downward steps: pride, rebellion, deception,
perversion. (Cut cords into heavenlies)
Note that Jezebel often lurks in the background, waiting to send
its demonic power into a young child, either in the womb or after
birth. The Jezebelic chain has often been established through the
generations and the spirit is a familiar spirit, following the generations,
but waiting for its chance to strike, e.g. at a time of trauma or shock or
anger, rejection etc, it then enters the child and from then on the child
will begin to exhibit Jezebelic tendencies. (Uncover her.)
(2) Anti-Christ (1 John 2:18; 2 Thessalonians 2:3-8)
Groupings of spirits (Galatians 5:20-21; Ephesians 5:4)
Spirits of abortion, anger, bitterness, blasphemy, corrupt
communications, curses, dissension, drunkenness, envy or
hatred, fear, filthy language, frigidity, lack of faith, lying, malice,
murder, nightmares, outbursts of wrath, poverty, rebellion, spirits of
wretchedness, rejection, selfish ambitions, stealing, strife, torment,
Manifestations: Sleepiness, yawning, various kinds of infirmity that
respond slowly to prayer.
(3) Death and Hell (Revelation 20:13-14)
Spirit of Death and Hell
Groupings of spirits: Curses such as frequent accidents,
succession of deaths in families. Remember to reverse the curse,
“Bless those who curse you, bless and curse not.” (Matthew 5:44)
Sickness, pain, plagues on Christians, breathing problems, guilt,
condemnation (e.g. Luke 13:11 - woman bound by spirit of infirmity).
(a) Guilt (b) Torment of hell
(c) Prison (d) Physical infirmities
(e) Spirit of stupor (f) Lung difficulties
(g) Fear of death. (h) Sorrow, regrets,
hopelessness, loneliness, darkness, depression and fear.
(4) Unholy Trinity: Cast out Jezebel, then Antichrist, then Death and
Hell. (Revelation 18:7&8; 19:20; 20:14)
(5) Control Spirit: Many people have a control spirit which will deny the
truth. The devil can bring peace as well as turmoil. Control spirits act
to control the person and prevent deliverance.
The function of the control spirit is two-fold:
(a) To shield the human spirit from hurt.
(b) To bring calmness.
This demon frequently comes in during childhood as a result of a
trauma, e.g. one day a child’s father says, “I am going away and will
not come back.” Youngster may well take on the demon which eases
5. CASTING OUT OF DEMONS
Jesus always commissioned His disciples to both preach the
gospel and cast out demons.
(Matthew 10:1; Mark 3:14-15; Mark 16:15-18)
6. DESCRIPTION OF DEMONS
Demons are spirits without bodies. Angels have bodies but demons
usually do not. Demons have personalities.
(1) They have a WILL (Matthew 12:44)
(2) They have EMOTIONS (James 2:19)
(3) They have KNOWLEDGE (Mark 1:23,24)
(4) They have SELF-AWARENESS (Mark 5:9)
Many times I have found demons will name themselves, giving
such names as anger, hate, envy, jealousy and fear. Praying
for a woman with long-standing condition in her stomach.
Demon said, “I won’t go, this is my home, I will not leave
her.” Asked the demon its name. It said, “Legion” and then
disappeared and she was healed.
(5) They have a CONSCIENCE too seared to respond
(1 Timothy 4:2)
(6) They have an ABILITY TO SPEAK (Mark 1:24)
Sometimes voice is high-pitched and sometimes screams or
gabbles. Will frequently speak out of people as we are casting
7. HOW DEMONS ACT
(1) They ENTICE (James 1:14)
(2) They DECEIVE - e.g. heresies. (Timothy 4:1&2)
(3) They ENSLAVE (Romans 8:15)
e.g. compulsive talking, eating, addictions to alcohol,
(4) They TORMENT and oppress (2 Timothy 1:7)
Fear, condemnation, doubt.
Many people feel lighter when they have been delivered. They
say, “Something heavy has left me.”
(5) They DRIVE AND COMPEL (Luke 8:29)
e.g. lust, murder assault.
(6) They DEFILE (Titus 1:15) e.g. rock festivals.
(7) Their function is to HARASS.
(8) They often work in groups, e.g. anger,
fear, violence, defiling, rejection etc.
8. DEMONS FIGHT AGAINST OUR PEACE
(1) Against our PERSONAL HARMONY
(2) Against our PEACE OF MIND
(3) Against our PHYSICAL WELL-BEING
(4) They cause disruption with other people,
especially those close to us.
9. THE GREAT DISTINCTIVE MARK IS RESTLESSNESS
Demons drive, compel, torment and harass. Fight against inner
harmony and cause disruption in relationships.
Gifts of discernment of spirits (1 Corinthians 12:10). This is a
thought, vision or impression or the audible voice from the Holy Spirit,
given by God, which makes us realise that wrong spiritual forces can
be effecting a person or even ourselves.
10. HOW THEY OPERATE
(1) From OUTSIDE the body. (2) From WITHIN the body.
If they are outside, we must resist them. (James 4:7)
If they are within the body, we must expel them. (Mark 1:39)
11. THE AREAS IN WHICH THEY AFFECT US
(1) Our emotions, attitudes, relationships, e.g. they cause
resentment, hatred, fear or rebellion. Persistent, compulsive,
(2) The thoughts of the mind, e.g. doubt, unbelief, indecision,
(3) In the tongue, e.g. lying, cursing, gossip, blasphemy.
Psychiatrists claim that people tell up to 200 lies a day without
knowing it. Spirit of lying can rest on our tongue like a spirit of
unclean talk and blasphemy.
(4) In the sexual area, e.g. perversion, homosexuality and
(5) In addiction - alcohol, nicotine, gluttony, anorexia - food (root is
Following true repentance I place my hand on their nose and
ask them to breathe in and out.
(6) Physical infirmities (Luke 13:12-13)
e.g. tumours, heart attacks, cancer, arthritis, allergies, cramps,
12. OTHER AREAS THEY ATTACK
(1) Psychological areas, e.g. if we have recurrent evil and
disruptive emotional attitudes which dominate us against our will,
e.g. resentment, hatred, fear, envy, jealousy, pride.
(2) We have moods which are unreasonable and extreme, e.g.
we can become very talkative or we can change to taciturn
(3) Physical: There can be unnatural restlessness and
talkativeness. Enslaving habits, e.g. gluttony, alcohol,
nicotine, drugs, sexual immorality, perversion of all kinds,
uncontrollable, unclean thoughts or looks, blasphemy, mockery,
(4) Persistent or violent opposition to the truth of Scripture and
the work of the Holy Spirit.
(5) Unscriptural doctrine or prohibitions, unnatural asceticism,
superstitions observances (e.g. charms, fortune-telling,
Note: One of the foregoing symptoms alone would not necessarily be
conclusive indication of demon present, but where several symptoms
are found together, the probability of demon activity is extremely high.
13. HOW DEMONS ENTER
(1) Through our own sin, e.g. idolatry, rebellion.
(1 Samuel 15:23; Romans 6:6; Galatians 5:16-21))
In Tonga, I prayed for a young homosexual who had a stunted
leg. As he renounced homosexuality, his leg was totally healed.
He was subsequently discipled as a Christian by the Prime
Minister of Tonga.
(2) Through the sin of our ancestors, e.g. idolatry.
Examples: Rejection, spirits of grief, spirit of memories.
Effect of hereditary bondages:
I prayed for a boy who was born totally deaf. The word of
knowledge was that it was the result of the mother’s extensive
involvement in fortune telling. She repented and the boy was
(3) Domination of one person by another, e.g. spirit of Jezebel.
(4) Through our mind - through our thought life - fantasy.
(5) Touching dead bodies. (Numbers 19:11)
(6) Shock (particularly at times of accident)
(9) Marriage breakdowns
(10) Habits, e.g. masturbation, smoking, oral sex, bestiality.
(11) Soul ties
(a) Moving with people who are not Christians.
(b) Movies, television, music, magazines.
(d) Transference of spirits in a church.
(e) Scattered souls. (Proverbs 6:27)
(f) Sexual intercourse, child molestation.
(g) Satanically inspired music, e.g. some forms of rock
music and dancing. Woman in Cook Islands renounced a
spirit which had entered her while watching certain forms
of dancing with sexual overtones in an island in the South
Pacific. The spirit left her with a tremendous noise and she
was finally set free - spirit of lust had entered through her
eyes. Rock ‘n Roll, back masking, Jonathan Livingston
(13) Entry of witchcraft through feet and womb.
(14) Unforgiveness. (Matthew 18:34-35) e.g. man who was healed
of arthritis in his hand in church at Eketahuna.
(15) Rejection. Can occur at conception, in mother’s womb, baby
not bonded, adopted child, hereditary rejection, practices in
the family home, caused by peers, self-rejection. This causes
problems in later life.
(16) Spirits of tradition, pride and prejudice and religion.
Encumbrances of tradition.
Doctrinal obsessions, legalism, personal prejudices.
(17) Occult. (Deuteronomy 18:9-12)
Familiar spirits affecting families.
Influences of witchcraft: Abnormal fears, especially in the
dark, disturbing dreams, hatred of being left alone, spirits of
Antichrist. Testimony of woman healed from bleeding - spirit out
of ear - went to fortune teller at age of 10.
Results of involvement in the occult:
Depression, suicidal thoughts, no desire for prayer and Bible
study, inner resistance to the Word of God, no word of prayer
coming to one’s lips, visions of ghostly forms, fear, blasphemous
thoughts against God and Christ, manic fits, visions of people in
past generations, religious delusions, inability to make decisions,
feelings of anxiety, gripping feeling about the throat, voices that
you cannot get rid of no matter how much you fight, fits of rage,
(18) Ethnic traditions, culture and environment, e.g. Japanese
ancestor worship, religious spirits.
(19) False religions Teachings which deny John 10:9.
(20) Heresies (1 Timothy 4:1-2) e.g. Jehovah’s Witnesses,
Mormons, Freemasonry. Note curses pamphlet.
(21) Curses: Self-imposed, relational, by witchdoctors etc, by
unscriptural covenants. Example of man who saw father try to
throttle his mother when he was 5. Hated his father. Was told
for years later, “You are just like your father.” This became a
(22) Watching people die, especially after nursing them.
(23) Fire-walking, e.g. Fiji and India.
(24) Charms and fetishes in our homes. (Deut. 7:25-26)
(25) Yoga and martial arts Kung Fu, Aikido, Tae Kwon Do, Karate,
Tai Chi, Judo (rooted in Taoism and Buddhism).
(26) Transcendental Meditation, Extra Sensory Perception,
(27) Piercing the flesh (Leviticus 19:28, Leviticus 21:5,
Deuteronomy 14:1, 1 Kings 18:28, Mark 5:5)
14. TO BE DELIVERED WE MUST:
(1) Humble ourselves.
(2) Be completely honest.
(3) Confess our sins. (James 5:14-16) Examples of healings in
meetings where people have confessed their sins.
(6) Call on the Name of the Lord. Acts 2:21.
Hissing (tongue goes in and out like a snake’s tongue), spitting,
wriggling, sighing, coughing and gasping (smoking demons),
shouting, lying down as though dead (spirit of coma, hypnosis),
mucus (demons of sexual uncleanness - white foam), animal noises,
yawning, sobbing, roaring (hate demons), screaming, eyes roll
back and flutter - only white part visible - or operate independently,
nostrils flare, lips purse, foul smelling fluids, twisting figures - often
masturbation, blood from mouth, smell like sulphur. Sometimes
nothing. Example of manifestation: Acts 8:7. Housekeeper - dog in
house - boy on church floor barking like a dog at the moon - man
rushing forward on his hands and knees, baring his teeth as he
made his way towards the altar rail in our church during a deliverance
- the spirit of lion has come out on occasions.
16. WHY PEOPLE ARE NOT DELIVERED
(1) They do not repent. Note difference between repentance and
remorse. (Matthew 27:3)
(2) They fail to repent of their sins, especially adultery and
abortion. (James 5:6)
(3) They fail to forgive (Mark 11:25-26)
(4) They fail to break with the occult (Acts 19:19)
(5) They fail to resist the devil (James 4:7)
(6) Failure to repent from pride.
Note: Four downward steps: pride, rebellion, deception,
(1) Listen carefully to what the person says about their problem so
the Holy Spirit can give you guidance.
(2) As you minister in deliverance, work with others.
(3) Take rest periods during deliverance.
(4) The agent of deliverance is the Holy Spirit.
18. THE ACTUAL DELIVERANCE
(1) Total forgiveness required.
(2) Honour and forgive parents.
(3) Renounce any curse.
(4) Renounce all forms of idolatry and false religions.
(5) Confess all sin and unbelief.
(6) Renounce sins of ancestors Galatians 3:13&14.
(7) Take off any charms or demonic jewellery.
(8) Cleanse house from idols, carvings etc.
(9) Confess blood Scriptures (Ephesians 1:7; 1 John 1:7;
Romans 5:9; Hebrews 13:12.)
(10) Person should expel spirits by breathing out or coughing.
(11) Must have absolute faith in Jesus Christ.
(12) Total humility required - turning from all pride, rebellion,
deception and perversion.
(13) Sometimes fasting is required.
(14) Call on the name of Jesus.
(15) Person must assert will and resist devil. (1 John 4:4)
(16) Use prayer cloth (1 Chronicles 13:14)
(17) Praise God (many times).
19. THE MINISTER:
(1) Remember your authority in Jesus Christ. (Mat. 28:18)
(2) Know the anointing of the Holy Spirit.
(3) Use your prayer language.
(4) Command the person to look at you and tell demons to go.
(5) You should be baptised in the Holy Spirit.
(6) You should use the gifts of discernment of spirits and word of
knowledge as you minister.
(7) We can agree and bind and loose the spirit.
(8) Allow others in group to bring forward any words of discernment
(9) Don’t let the candidate use the name of Jesus or speak in
tongues while deliverance is taking place.
(10) Cut cords of Jezebel, Antichrist, Death and Hell and any other
spiritual powers from person’s forehead etc.
(11) Be aware of the children of Jezebel, e.g. child of Terror.
(12) Find master of demon and cast out.
(13) Cut ungodly soul-ties.
(14) Remember the agent of deliverance is the Holy Spirit.
(15) Listen to what the Holy Spirit is saying as to how you should
(16) Be persistent and by the word of knowledge follow through the
network of demons to the principal strongman.
(17) Fix your mind on Jesus Christ.
(18) Have absolute belief in the power of the Word of God and use
the Word of God. (1 Corinthians 6:9)
Example at rock festival.
(19) Anoint with oil.
(20) Consecrate various parts of the body. (Romans 12:1-2).
(20) Putting water on the person’s forehead as a reminder of their
baptism and cutting off from the power of sin.
(21) Laying on of hands.
Ministering angels surround us.
Hebrews 1:14: “Are they not all ministering spirits sent forth to
minister for those who will inherit salvation?”
Note R.E. Group Ministry - always have others present to help you.
Ensure that the groups have pleaded the blood of Jesus before they
commence practising deliverance.
No certificates issued after deliverance.
20. TO KEEP OUR DELIVERANCE WE MUST:
(1) Totally yield to Jesus Christ in every area of our life, making
Him Lord of every area.
(2) Be always filled with the Holy Spirit. (Ephesians 5:18)
(3) Believe and live by the Word of God. (Matthew 4:4)
(4) Put on the full armour of God. (Ephesians 6:14-18)
(5) Stay with the right people and receive ongoing counsel from
(6) Have the right relationships with people.
(7) Make Jesus the centre of every part of our lives. We must
die daily to our old self and reassert our position daily in Jesus
(8) Possess the land. Deliverance can be progressive - people
should be told to go away, read the Word, get on their knees
before God, confess their sins and come into true repentance
and be baptised with the Holy Spirit. (Exodus 23:28-33)
21. BINDING DEMONS WHEN THE PERSON IS NOT
(Matthew 18:18-20) Example of person in prayer meeting
causing difficulty. Parents who have prayed for children who have
disappeared - not heard from for a long time. Bound demon power
affecting those children, prayed in belief and been full reconciliation.
22. SELF DELIVERANCE (James 4:7)
Heavy oppression, suffocation, pain or sickness.
These notes can be used to accompany the five-hour teaching series,
“Deliverance from Demons”, available on DVD, video, CD or
Possible Demonic Entry Points:
[ ] Abstract art (under
[ ] Acupuncture
[ ] Amulets (tiger’s claw, shark’s
tooth, horseshoe over door,
mascots, talisman (magic
[ ] Ankh (a cross with a ring top
used in satanic rites)
[ ] Apparitions - occultic
[ ] Astral travel
[ ] Astrology
[ ] Augury (interpreting omens)
[ ] Automatic writing
[ ] Birth signs
[ ] Black arts
[ ] Black magic (involving hidden
powers for bad ends)
[ ] Black mass
[ ] Blood subscriptions (pacts)
[ ] Cartomancy (using playing
[ ] Chain letters
[ ] Charming or enchanting
(attempts to use spirit power)
[ ] Charms and charming for wart
[ ] Chinese astrology
[ ] Clairaudience (ability to hear
voices and sounds supernormally
- spirit voices alleging
to be those of dead people
giving advice or warnings)
[ ] Clairsentience (supernormal
[ ] Clairvoyance (ability to
see objects or events
supernormally above their
normal range of vision -
[ ] Colour therapy
[ ] Concept therapy
[ ] Conjuration (summoning up a
spirit by incantation)
[ ] Coven (a community of
[ ] Crystal ball gazing
[ ] Crystals
[ ] Death magic (where the name
of the sickness plus a written
spell is cast into coffin or
[ ] Demon worship
[ ] Disembodied spirits
[ ] Divining rod or twig or
pendulum (Hosea 4:12)
[ ] Dowsing or witching for water,
cables, finding out the sex of
child using divining rod,
pendulum, twig or planchette
[ ] Dream interpretation (as with
Edgar Cayce books)
[ ] Dungeons and dragons
[ ] Eastern meditation/religious
- Gurus, Mantras, Yoga,
[ ] Ectoplasm (unknown
substance from body of a
[ ] Enchanting
[ ] E.S.P. (extra sensory
[ ] Findhorn Community
[ ] Floating trumpets
[ ] Fortune telling
[ ] Gothic rock music
[ ] Gurus
[ ] Gypsy curses
[ ] Hallucinogenic drugs (cocaine,
heroin, marijuana, sniffing glue
[ ] Handwriting analysis (for
[ ] Hard rock music - Kiss, Led
Zeppelin, Rolling Stones
[ ] Heavy metal music - AC/DC,
Guns and Roses (all heavy
[ ] Hepatoscopy (examination of
liver for interpretation)
[ ] Hex signs (hexagrams)
[ ] Horoscopes
[ ] Hydromancy (divination by
viewing images in water)
[ ] Hypnosis
[ ] Idols
[ ] Incantations
[ ] Iridology (eye diagnosis)
[ ] Japanese flower arranging
[ ] Jonathan Livingston Seagull
[ ] Kabbala (Occult Lore)
[ ] Karma
[ ] Levitation
[ ] Lucky charms or signs of the
Zodiac or birthstones
[ ] Magic (not sleight of hand but
use of supernatural power)
APPENDIX 1: OCCULT CHECK LIST
[ ] Mantras
[ ] Martial arts (Aikido, Judo,
Karate, Kung fu, Tae Kwan Do
[ ] Matthew Manning
[ ] Mediums
[ ] Mental suggestion
[ ] Mental telepathy
[ ] Mental therapy
[ ] Mesmerism
[ ] Metaphysics (study of spirit
[ ] Mind control
[ ] Mind dynamics
[ ] Mind mediumship
[ ] Mind reading
[ ] Moonmancy
[ ] Motorskopua (mechanical
pendulum for diagnosing
[ ] Mysticism
[ ] Necromancy (conjuring up
spirits of the dead)
[ ] Numerical symbolism
[ ] Numerology
[ ] Occultic games
[ ] Occult letters of protection
[ ] Occult literature, e.g. The
Greater World, The 6th & 7th
Book of Moses, The Other
Side, The Book of Venus,
Pseudo-Christian works of
Jacob Lorber, works by Edgar
Cayce, Aleister Crowley, Jean
Dixon, Levi Dowling, Arthur
Ford (The Overt Worship of
Spirit Beings), Johann Greber,
Andrew Jackson Davis, Anton
Le Vay, Ruth Montgomery,
John Newborough, Eric Von
Daniken, Dennis Wheatley.
* Such books should be
burned, regardless of cost.
[ ] Omens
[ ] Ouija boards
[ ] Pagan fetishes
[ ] Pagan religious objects,
artifacts and relics
[ ] Pagan rites (Voodo, Sing
sings, Corroborees, Fire
walking, Umbahda, Macumba)
[ ] Palmistry
[ ] PK (parakinesis - control of
objects by the power of the
mind and will)
[ ] Parapsychology (PS) -
especially study of demonic
[ ] Pendulum diagnosis
[ ] Phrenology (divining/analysis
from the skull)
[ ] Planchette (divining)
[ ] Precognition (foreknowledge
of the occurrence of events)
[ ] Psychic healing
[ ] Psychic sight
[ ] Psychography (use of heart
[ ] Psychometry (telling fortunes
by lifting or holding object
belonging to the enquirer)
[ ] Punk rock music
[ ] Pyramidology (mystic powers
associated with models of
[ ] Rebirthing
[ ] Reincarnation
[ ] Rhabdomancy (casting sticks
into the air for interpreting
[ ] Satanism
[ ] Seances
[ ] Self hypnosis
[ ] Significant pagan days
[ ] Silva Mind Control (SMC -
[ ] Sorcery
[ ] Spells
[ ] Spirit knockings or rappings
[ ] Star signs
[ ] Stichomancy (fortune telling
from random reference to
[ ] Stigmata - ie occultic types.
[ ] Superstitions (self or parents
[ ] Table tipping
[ ] Tarot cards (22 picture cards
for fortune telling)
[ ] Tea-leaf reading
[ ] Thought transference
[ ] TK (telekinesis - objects move
around room, instruments
play, engines start...)
[ ] TM (Transcendental
[ ] Trances
[ ] Transmigration
[ ] Travel of the soul
[ ] UFO fixation
[ ] Uri Geller
[ ] White magic (invoking hid-den
powers for ‘good ends’)
[ ] Witchcraft
[ ] Yoga (involves Eastern demon
[ ] Zodiac charms, birthdates
[ ] Zodiac signs
Acts 19:19: “Also, many of those who had practiced magic brought
their books together and burned them in the sight of all. And they
counted up the value of them, and it totaled fifty thousand pieces of
* Deuteronomy 7:25&26: “You shall burn the carved images of
their gods with fire; you shall not covet the silver or gold that is on
them, nor take it for yourselves, lest you be snared by it; for it is an
abomination to the Lord your God.
Nor shall you bring an abomination into your house, lest you be
doomed to destruction like it; but you shall utterly detest it and utterly
abhor it, for it is an accursed thing.”
APPENDIX 2: NON CHRISTIAN RELIGIONS AND CULTS
1 Timothy 4:1 says: “Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times
some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and
doctrines of demons...”
Ananda Marga Yoga Society, Anthroposophical Society (Eurythmy, Rudolf
Steiner, Waldorf Schools); Astara, Bubba Free John; Bahai; Buddhism;
Children of God (Family of Love); Christadelphians; Christian Science;
Church of the Living Word (John Robert Stevens “The Walk”); Church
Universal and Triumphant (Elizabeth Clare Prophet); Confucianism;
Divine Light Mission (Guru Maharaj Ji); Druids Lodge; Eckankar
(Paul Twitchell); Enlightment (heightened awareness, nirvana, satori,
transcendental bliss, god-realisation, expanded consciousness, altered
perception of reality, cosmic consciousness etc); Esalen Institute (Michael
Murphy); E.S.T. (Erhard Seminar Training); Foundation faith of the
Millenium (Robert de Grimston); Foundation of Human Understanding
(Roy Masters); Freemasonry; Gurdjieff/Subud/Renaissance (Esoteric
Christianity); Hare Krishna; Hinduism (Karma, reincarnation, avatars,
Bhagavad-Gita, Yoga, T.M.); Holy Order of MANS; Inner Peace
Movement; International Community of the Christ/The Jamilans;
Jehovah’s Witnesses (Dawn Bible Students); Krisnamurti Foundation
of America; Meher Baba (Sufism Reorientated Inc); Mind Sciences;
Mormons (Church of the Latter Day Saints); Mukatananda Paramahansa
(Siddha Yoga Dham Centres); Neo-Gnosticism; New Age Movement;
Nichiren Shoshu/Soka Gakkai (NSA Lotus Sutra); Rastafarianism;
Ratanaism; Religious Science; Rev Ike (Frederick Eikeren Koetter);
Rev Sun Myung Moon (Moonies, Unification Church); Rosecruicianism
(AMORC); Sathya Sai Baba; Scientology (L. Ron Hubbard Dianetics);
Self Realisation Fellowship; Sharmanism; Shintoism; Spiritual Frontiers
Fellowship; Spiritualism/Spiritism; Sri Chimnoy; Swami Kriyananda;
Swami Rami; Swami Vivekananda (Vedanta Society); Swedenborgianism;
Taoism; Theosophy; Urantia; Unity School of Christianity (Charles Myrtle
and Lowell Fillmore); Yogi Bhajan (Sikh Foundation/3HO Foundation);
RECOMMENDED REFERENCE BOOKS:
America: The Sorcerer’s New Apprentice (Dave Hunt, T.A. McMahan);
Demons Defeated (Bill Subritzky); Healing at Any Price? (Samuel Pfeifer
M.D.); Kingdom Living for the Family (Frank & Ida Mae Hammond);
Larson’s Book of the Cults (Bob Larson); Pigs in the Parlour (Frank & Ida
Mae Hammond); Psychic Forces and Occult Shock (Wilson & Weldon).
These notes can be used to accompany the five-hour teaching series
“Deliverance from Demons” available on DVD, video,
CD or audio cassettes.
Compiled by Bill Subritzky and produced by:
OTHER TEACHING VIDEOS AVAILABLE INCLUDE:
Exposing the New Age Movement (for women)
Foundations for Spiritual Growth (for women)
Growing in the Spirit (for women)
Harvest Power! A training course for Evangelists
Healing Marriages and Family Relationships