All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

These photos are from a month long trip to Florida and a two-week Caribbean cruise most of May of 2012 as a graduation and farewell gift for my German friend Annea as she prepared to return home to Stuttgart, Germany to begin working on her Doctorate. She had never seen the ocean and tropics before. In November, she would return to the area on her honeymoon. I will try to stay with the nature theme along with adding a few general photos of interest. Sunrise and sunset photos from the trip are posted at the end of the discussion "The Glory of Scenery touched by our God".

Views: 1999

Replies to This Discussion

The dolphin show. Shows run from 15-30 minutes and are repeated every few hours. 1990-2000 when I had my art studio beach cottage at Crystal Beach (a small community north of Clearwater) Rachel and I used to have our wakeup coffee and a croissant or muffin and watch the same pod (school) of dolphins herd mackerel into the shallow water and have there breakfast. Wonderful creatures. Lots more dolphin pictures in wild to come later. A side note: Sea World used a lot of college grad marine bio students, it was at this show I watched the one in green a bit too much and Annea whacked me aside the head and said: Liebschen, watch the fish, not the cutie in green. I did not need whacked again for a week, Annea hits hard.

The killer whale show.  Every few years someone climbs the fences and sneaks into sea world and takes a swim with Shamus and her babies: the results are quite gruesome. Some people have a difficulty in figuring out what the "killer" part of killer whale means. Huge but graceful creatures.

Even the gift shops have aquariums, this one had a morey eel.

Another aquarium with a Leafy Sea Dragon Fish. See it? It's slightly left of the center dark green plant. The change color to match whatever plant they are by.

A view of part of the park complex and Orlando from top of the Sky Tower.  The blue piping is part of The Kraken ride, SeaWorld's world class rollercoaster. Tried all day to get Annea to ride it with me, she never would.

Penguin enclosure, they were being given their weekly vet checkup. Neat job!

The outdoor Dolphin Nursery, while we were standing there trying to coax one close, the trainers came out and asked Annea if she would like to feed one; she was so excited she forgot to give me the camera. Gave one 4 fish between petting it for about 5 minutes: Annea walked on air the rest of the day. Picture is after and they were still looking for more fish although they had what they get on a strict diet.

Manta Ray in the Stingray and Manta tank.

Dinner was expensive but an incredible view...Shark's Underwater Grill.

And so began Annea's education in freshly caught, not breaded and deep fried seafood. We both had a lovely broiled shrimp salad with honey-sesame sauce. The shrimp came fresh from Tarpon Springs where the Greek-Americans have a large fishing and sponge diving fleet. (Photos later of that). Annea said she would never eat fish sticks again. Lol, she ate kept sneaking my shrimp to her salad.

Dessert was Warm Fudge Chocolate Cake topped with a square of apple-pecan cobbler.

Bush Gardens, Tampa
Next day, up before dawn to drive from Orlando to Tampa to visit my all time favorite theme park. Busch Garden is part amusement park and part nature preserve, both of native creatures and an outstanding open range African Safari type drive through and tour. I would go at least once a month during the 15 years I lived in Florida. Here's the entry sign and a native gopher land tortoise munching on some flowers, they wander throughout the park.

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service