All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

These photos are from a month long trip to Florida and a two-week Caribbean cruise most of May of 2012 as a graduation and farewell gift for my German friend Annea as she prepared to return home to Stuttgart, Germany to begin working on her Doctorate. She had never seen the ocean and tropics before. In November, she would return to the area on her honeymoon. I will try to stay with the nature theme along with adding a few general photos of interest. Sunrise and sunset photos from the trip are posted at the end of the discussion "The Glory of Scenery touched by our God".

Views: 2000

Replies to This Discussion

We had decided the night before we would hit the town really heavy for a change to sightsee and shop a bit, naturally the first row of vendors was ladies clothing like these colorful granny nighties with Bahamian themed imprint: Annea bought a yellow, blue and dark red one to take back to Germany. I was happy since she had threatened to steal all my flannel corduroy shirts to take back.

Nassau city park was nice with a lot of tropical flowers. These banyan trees in the park are called "strangles" since they basically kill off nearby trees with their many shoots that literally strangle them.

The main hotel for tourists, the Hotel Atlantis has in itself become a tourist stop. Originally just one building, it has grown over the years to a complex of 5 buildings. Five star food restaurant and it has it's own huge aquarium. Rooms run from $99 to $25,000 a night. Annea took a photo from the same spot during daytime and this marvelous shot at night with it's reflection in the utterly calm bay water.

We didn't eat there since we wanted purely local food but we spent an hour looking at the big aquarium and the smaller ones. This beautiful red lionfish was in a smaller tank.

One of the residents of the main tank was this Caribbean Reef Shark.

And this huge Manta Ray.

We decided to walk over to Nassau Old Town to see how residents lived before modern concrete and steel buildings were built. Here's a view of modern Nassau from a hill in Old Town.

After lunch we decided to try sunbathing again since we were told the beaches didn't have sand fleas like Mexico did. Right at the main beach was this cute sign.

I really like this photo ... but $25,000 a night? My little house only cost $45,000!

I feel like I've been to all of these places now, after going through your postings. It's kind of like looking at a store catalog. The brain begins producing the same chemicals that make a person feel good when they actually go shopping. It's good therapy and saves money. :)

I've been plugging away at this discussion for 2 weeks since had over 5000 photos, mostly taken by Annea. When I met her she was purely a studio photographer, usually taking a base picture to heavily modify digitally (like the burning rose below). By the time she graduated 2 years nature she had gotten so deep into nature photography, her Doctorial portfolio is going to be of the plants & animals of the Black Forest. Another change along with her photography was going from being an indoor, pale (almost vampire white) city girl to being a hiker, camper, canoe, fisherman with always a deep tan. Oh, and of course working her way back to God, deciding men do have their uses and becoming a housewife and mother. A lot of changes to me also, slowly getting all of that organized.

There was a continuous stream of people coming and going at the main beach, so we decided to find us a much quieter place.

About a mile down the shoreline we found a small beach with just a few locals fishing, so she led the way (one of the few "decent" photos I have of her.

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service