All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

Greetings all,

I am curious regarding people's POV on this subject.

I'll present four views, but am most interested in the fourth.

Four conditions:

1) A person is saved and they know it.

2) A person is not saved and they know it.

3) A person thinks they are saved, but are not saved.

4) A person is saved, but does not know it.

Lord BLess,

LT

Views: 2551

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Amen Praise God
Hi Stacey,

I'm concerned about this statement, that you said:
If someone told me I was not saved and yet I lived a good life and cared and shared and did good things and believed in the good of this world I would be very hurt to be told that i am going to hell or are not saved at all.

satan deceives people that if they are good enough they will go to heaven...but even satan masquerades himself as an angel of light (2 Cor 11:14). He has control over the minds that do not belong to God. (2 Cor 4:4).

Romans 3:23 tells us that ALL have sinned and fall short of the Glory of God.

We are saved by Grace...not works
Rom 11:6 But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works, otherwise grace is no longer grace.
Titus 3:5...we will never be good enough. God's mercy is what saves us. By faith (Eph 2:8)

The wages of sin is death (Romans 6:23)
Jesus took the punishment (Romans 4:25)
We can be saved by knowing Jesus...as in personal relationship (John 17:3)

John 14:6
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Acts 4:12
Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved.

If we believe in our hearts that people who are good will get to heaven, that will eventually come out in our conversations and beliefs. This belief contradicts God's Word. This belief gives people a false assurance...this is a very dangerous teaching.

Jesus is the only way to God....period! Good works prior to being saved and receiving Jesus as Savior will accomplish nothing. Good works are only evidence (after we are saved) that we choose to live for God...but there are many people in the world doing good works.. However, the Glory is for God alone...not for people. Even if they are 'good' by the worlds standard, they are not good enough, and they will never be good enough. The works they are doing are for their own glory...However, a person who is saved is working for God's fame and His Glory...not our own. make sense? :)
sis yes it does make sense and that statement was in no reference to my own life or anything for if I met someone that was very admirable i would ask what is there secret and I would say I hope you recognize it is all because of Jesus

kk I hope that clears up stuff hmm should I fix it then?
Salvation requires a committment to God. I don't think a person could have committed himself to God unconsciencously. However, there are many who doubt their salvation. Again, the doubt as to whether God has accepted his/her commitment. That ends up being lack of faith. Faith isn't a constant with most humans. Because they are fallible, and they know they are, their faith wavers from time to time.

Salvation requires commitment, faith, and trust. We as Christians, need to work on these 3 things, along with the love that God requires us to have for one another.
Thanks to everyone for their input up to this point. I am looking forward to further input from those who have contributed and others with soimething to add jumping in.

Lord Bless,
LT
I think discussions like this become too complicated when we don't ask the right question at the beginning. What is Salvation? Our Lord made it very simple. "Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent." We were born dead to God. Jesus makes us alive to God when we swallow him. He said, "I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life." Be careful not to make it more difficult than that, you might be guilty of the sin of the Pharisees and cause the simple to stumble. The unbelieving rabbis told their disciples they had to keep 613 Laws. Jesus said, “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.” It's so easy, a child can do it. In fact, only children can do it. "Jesus loves me, this I know, for the Bible tells me so." Should you be assured of Salvation? Of course! Perfect Love casts out fear. Do you believe that Jesus is the Son of God, your Lord, your Savior, crucified for your sins and raised on the third day? If so, then you're saved. That's what it means to be saved by faith. Rest in the true Sabbath. Enjoy the wedding banquet to which you contributed nothing but your wretchedness. That's what it means to be saved by Grace.
Michael,

I thank you for your input regarding wanting to define salvation. Now using your definition then what is your response to the 4 questions, especially #4?

Lord Bless,
LT
If you're Saved, you know it. God the Holy Spirit tells you. I have heard people say that they know they are going to Hell, but I've never heard anyone say that who really knows why. You can be lost (not Saved) and not know it, of course. Being lost is primarily about being deceived. You cannot be saved and not know it because if you're Saved, the Spirit of Truth lives in you.
True---you know if you are saved. If you are not sure, get reborn again.---we know when our electric bills are due so we pay it, or make arrangements to pay it--- or you will be in the dark. We have a choice, we can stay in the dark or get some light.
Hi Michael,

It's absolutely bizarre to me that a person could say 'I know I'm going to hell'..and not be so overwhelmed with grief and/or concern that they would seek the One who could deliver them from that. What have you said to the people who have said that?

I honestly believe, that they must not believe hell is real...nor do they believe heaven is real...or they would be seeking long and hard after Christ, the only One who can save them...

Blessings bro.. Carla
Yes, I think everything you said is probably correct, Carla. I haven't had anyone say that to me since I've been Saved.
Janie,

Personally Janie I think you are saved and you are caught up thinking you are not, because you see your own short comings and you fall under condemnation you know you should not fall to, but since you do, you feel that shows you have no faith and hence you declare you are a unbeliever, when in fact you are not. You believe in God and you have repented of your sins. Can you say Jesus is my Lord sis?
I do not know your heart our mind, but I do have a huge suspicion you are my beloved sister in Christ. You just be tripping on the condemnation.

Love you in Christ. Your bro DV

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service