All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

This topic comes up often when discussing other topics. It deserves to be addressed all by itself as it is an important subject.

Are you assured of your salvation? If so, why are you assured?

Lord Bless,

LT

Views: 1218

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Janie,

All things from our past are able to come under the blood and be forgiven. Also God is not concerned with how intelligent we are or are not. He created us and knows us and wants us. Plus, if we compare our intelligence to the only one who really matters regarding comparisons, which is Jesus, instead of with other humans we will find that we all are not as smart as some think they are.

Janie,

God loves you ... you, right now, right there at the computer when you read this. Yes ... He does.

"Jesus loves me this I know, for the Bible tells me so. Little ones to Him belong, they are weak but He is strong. Yes, Jesus loves me. Yes Jesus loves me. Yes Jesus loves me, for the Bible tells me so."

The truth of this song applies to you and me.

I also know that Jesus has already shed His blood making the offering of forgiveness by His blood. The payment for all of your sin and mine has been made. The question is not can He forgive ... He has already made the sacrifice for forgiveness ... it is a done deal on His part. The question is only will you receive the gift of forgiveness.

The following Bible verses may help. Feel free to ask anything you do not understand:

John 3:16

1 Peter 5:6

1 John 1:9

Romans 10:9-13 (Pay close attention to the word "everyone" in verse 13. Who is excluded based on that verse?)

Lord Bless,

LT

LT m I thinj this is the kindest reply I have ever gotten ...thank you... I will be reading it again.

1 Peter 5:6-7

King James Version (KJV)

Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:

Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

John 3:16

King James Version (KJV)

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

1 John 1:9

King James Version (KJV)

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Romans 10:9-13

King James Version (KJV)

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved

Lt,

On the verse John 3: 16...

It says that whoever believes in Him should not perish.....

I know this is a foolish question but I need understanding. What exactly does "Believe in Him"" mean in this verse?  I hear all the time that the devil believes in Him. That the devil knows the bible inside and out. What does it mean to believe in Him?

How is it different from the way satan believes?

It is dealing with the basic gospel principles. Do you trust Jesus for your eternal life? We could break it down based on what we understand in the whole of Scripture. I will break it down this way it could be condensed or expanded some, but it covers the basics. Do you believe you are a sinner? Do you believe Jesus is the Son of God? Do you believe that He died, shedding His blood, which is the payment for our sin as the sacrificial Lamb? Do you believe He rose again, ascended and is coming back? Have you asked for forgiveness and asked Him to be your Lord and Savior based on the positive answers to the previous questions?

Hope this helps.

Lord Bless,

LT

I believe that last is what it boils down to:  Have you asked for forgiveness and asked Him to be your Lord and Savior

Yes, even satan believes in Jesus.  And satan knows more scripture than any of us can, and he's good at quoting it to his benefit and using it against us.  Each account however was written from a different perspective and so all perspectives and accounts need to be taken in.  So while John says whosever believes in Him, he later says "IF we confess our sins".  Satan won't confess sins.  He lives for them. 

I believe it is Paul speaking in Romans:

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

That fairly well sums it up.  We first must believe in order to confess, but it is the actual confession that saves.

ok, thanks yall.. so believeing goes along with asking for forgiveness. I am asking for prayer... I am so fatiqued my mind and body.

Janie,

It is because you believe these things to be true that you are able to ask for forgiveness and be assured that God, who does not lie, will do what He has promised ... save you.

Lord Bless,

LT

Janie I just read a Copeland devotion. He said it's silly to say how cute a newborn baby is but what about their past...cause they have none. As newborn babes in Christ neither do we.

My fall back of not being able to step forward is being self centered.... my pains my life my being rejected , my guilt my not knowing what fatherly love... me not feeling ect ect. I know I have always put me before God. I really do not know how NOT to do this.  I know faith comes by hearing. I have been listening to a lot of videos about God Jesus love. How do you put you behind?  Also I am feeling ridiculous by asking these questions.  No fault but my own...

LT you said this in another forum

God is able to experience love for someone and at the same time have a hatred.

This must be wy I get so confused about hearing God is love but ,thinking He rejects those He hates and I have always thought He was rejecting me. So is this saying He loves me but hates me> Yes I'm making this about me..... I told you.

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service