All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

There are many Christians who complain of their lack of assurance regarding their personal salvation.  Some speak of continual attacks, where they personally question their salvation. What then, is the cause and what is the answer? 

Views: 339

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Ron,

I respect you as an elder and do so ask for forgiveness. I love discussing the wonders of God's grace. However, I become too hungry that others see in Christ what I see. This is not the method Christ would choose for me. I don't know how else to express my positions but I agree with you that God wants us to love one another. That is His command to us. I must obey Him and you as you exhort us to do so. When I began to discuss the different issues on this website, I did not expect to happen what has happened. I have come to think of these as brothers and sisters. Last evening as I thought of the illnesses of the different ones on this site, I began to weep. I continued to ask God to heal the sicknesses. I did not expect these feelings. I love discussing His Word, but this is a real fellowship even though it is quite unlike anything I know how to deal with. I don't know how to deal with this. I will have to defer to those who have been doing this longer than I. I am certainly a novice in this area.

It appears to me that there are vital doctrines. However, beyond that Christ wants His church in complete unity. Other than our extreme weaknesses, I see no reason we cannot accomplish that. Maybe there are those reading these posts that enjoy the bickering but also see that these are people that really care for one another. The love of Christ is real and the love of the brothers and sisters in Him is also real. Sometimes it is overwhelming.

That you elder Ron. Christianity is not just a lot of hogwash. As a former pig farmer, I know what hogwash is and it is not a pleasant thing. Christianity is the real deal. Christ makes us all one. (John 17)

Roy
Ron,

That should be thank you not that you. Wow!
Yes Linda,
You website terrorist.
Don't you know that AAG couldn't survive without David.
He is the foundational cornerstone of knowledge here on this site.
He is the voice in the wilderness for all of us poor unknowledgable souls.
You musn't ever try and censor that "free will" of speech here.
Oh sorry, we don't have free will do we. Hmmmmmm

Anyway, enough of that.
Just start accepting Calvinism and don't question things.
As David has said, this is not your site or Burger King (whatever that means).
So behave yourself, or else you will be moderated. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZbeep

And know that we love you.
Blessings
Rod
Linda,

Since you said you wouldn't respond to me either, I do want to say I really hope you stay. I read on another forum that you were having more physical problems. I mentioned in another post I knew you were going through some things and you bit my head off (so to speak). You have not hidden your physical problem. I have never stopped praying for you or quit caring. I hope you stay. I was having lunch with Joe the other day and he said he would like to hop a plane and come over there and pray for you. I told him I would like to go along but God would have to provide a way. However, I know I can pray here as well as there. Please, don't leave us. I will be super nice to you. We need you and Rod both. I like you both because you guys are very real.

Roy
You are forgiven, even though you did not have to ask. I am very sorry for your illness. I do pray that God will bring you through this.
Heavenly Father,

We love you Lord. We thank you for all that you are doing in the lives of your children and here on AAG. Lord, forgive us where we fall short and do not show love to one another in the ways that you have taught us to do. I pray that you would be with Linda Ruth during this difficult time. Encourage her Lord. Bring people into her day to day life who can pray with her, and keep her company as she travels down this difficult path. Lord, we know you hear us.. forgive us in times of doubt. Lord I ask for healing for Linda Ruth--fully and completely. I pray for complete restoration of her health. I also pray that her family would be strengthened in this trial, and that all of this would bring each one of them closer to You. Protect these children Lord. Please encourage her that she would stay focused on You. Reassure her Lord that you will not let her go. I pray that your purpose and your plan for her life would be fulfilled. thank you for hearing us Lord. We ask and pray this in Jesus' name. Amen
God bless you Carla & Roy.
Thank you for your prayers.
In His love
Rod
Amen, Carla,

The Spirit is moving in me as you pray to agree with you for Linda's healing and also for her children. Father, your children love one another. You are our Father and we are your children. We love each other deeply. You are what we are about. You are all that matters. We are your children. May Your Spirit move in us to accomplish this complete healing. May it be done, now. In Jesus' Name, Amen.
Well David,
I would have to agree with Linda's comments here.
I stood up to you the other day when you called Raj, Satan
This was your comment to Tom / Raj:
Produce one shred of prove for your claims Sir, ohh that it's right, you can't, cause you are lying as your father lies.

So David I think that you are getting mixed up with who is saying what.
You are in fact the one calling people Satan on here.
I was surprised that someone didn't pull you up over that, but no, you can say whatever you want because you are a moderator.

Well, don't waste your time coming back on here trying to defend your poor hurt ego by making Linda and I look bad and putting the blame on us.
Clean your own house out first David.
We would never expect and apology without conditions from you, so don't bother.
Blessings
Rod
Hi Grazer,
It's all about people and their sensitivities.
For instance anyone can put in a reply or a rebuff full of clich'es, etc. that's easy.
But it takes a lot more intuition and thought before putting pen to paper, when one first takes into
consideration what the recipients feelings might be.
Is this not what our Lord meant, when he said: "Blessed are the Peacemakers"? Mat 5:9.
This is where AAG is so different to "Twitter" and "FaceBook". Here we look more towards a family Relationship.
Whereas on the other two Blogs mentioned, Cursing and four letters are part of the conversation. Where a foul and derogatory word using the name of Jesus is the Title of a groups name. I am exceptionally sensitive to that and despite the fact, that there is not the slightest relationship or communication between me and them, even so, once I discovered that this group existed, I removed my name from FaceBook.
I know that on Facebook many would also laugh at my sensitivity and question the fact that I get riled - as they would say - so easily. I can't help that, it's me now.... But before this, I grew up in a group where my language would make demons blush. SInce then I have learnt control and rejoice in the fact that I am able to apologise, when I have not been considerate towards another persons feelings.
Hi Grazer,

Your words: "I will never apologise for who I am."

BIble's words: "Only by pride cometh contention: but with the well advised is wisdom." Prov 13:10.

By the way..... we are well off topic here.
Ok Fine.... Remember Grazer, God created you, but the devil moulds you.
When I came to a Saving knowledge that Christ provides, I was well moulded towards
beng Proud and boastful.
My world was a harsh and challenging world and I saw no need to change. Even after my New Birth, I said: "Why should I change, I am an upright citizen, I have saved lives and brought lives into this world (Sometimes, two a day) My world was a challenging world and I saw no need to change. I saw myself as "Having arrived in Christ." But Pride cometh before a fall.
All that has now passed away. Now when I consider, who I was, who I am, I marvel that God saw or even considered me, for His work through Christ. Today, realising who God REALLY is, I stand humbled.
Think on this carefully Grazer... If it was not that Christ came down as a man representing God, we would not, and still do not realise the full implication - apart from what Christ has accomplished for us - or have the slightest idea of who God really is. Jesus came as one important facet of God in that He was prepared to forgive us. But that this God who allowed mortals to pluck at His beard and lash his body, we will never really grasp the magnificence of what He has done for us. Yet we stand in our Pride and say: "That's the way I am and nothing's going to change me."
Think this through carefully Grazer, even look at your non de plume "Hard Core"
Ron

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service