All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

There are many Christians who complain of their lack of assurance regarding their personal salvation.  Some speak of continual attacks, where they personally question their salvation. What then, is the cause and what is the answer? 

Views: 339

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Roy,
Thank you for your kind thoughts.
Roy you mentioned "Free Will"
Free will can have a multitude of labels and fall into as many categories. Without knowing which, I don't know how to reply.

My Bride and I have been married for +/- 45 years.
The Lord has truly blessed both of us, as I am sure He has blessed your marriage and relationship..
Gene (My Bride) is a Jewish Meidel who puts me to shame when standing on holy ground. It is a known fact that when people of Jewish descent find Ha' Ma'SHiach, they can't get enough when worshipping Him.
In this regard, fifty two years of Theology will still leave me standing behind her with empty hands, when she and I stand before the throne being compared as to which one of us is more loved.

It is 23:30 hrs. My day has come to an end and I must catch some sleep. With that I will say goodnight to you and your beloved and look forward to a chat on Free will.

Blessings to you both
Ron.
Linda Ruth.. We'll pray for eachother.

I was driving today...and the Lord dropped this on my heart .. One of the aspects of having Reverence for Him and who He is, is to take Him at His word. This will lead to assurance of your salvation.

Blessings and Love to you..
~Carla
Carla,

I could not go a day without that assurance. I desperately needed to know He had saved me for good. I was not able to rest without that knowledge. I feel Linda has that assurance as well but just does not want to be presumptuous about it. I do agree with that. I know people who believe they cannot lose their salvation and really act like that. LT has this philosophy about the rapture something like living like it could happen today but preparing for it to be later or something like that. Maybe we should have a philosophy like that in knowing our salvation is secure but living like it is not. I think I can understand what Linda is saying but if she really is not sure, I pray she will find that assurance soon.

Roy
HI Carla,
Wonder if you would look at Roy's post. There is no "Reply To This" or "Add a Reply" on his own replies. This makes it difficult to reply to him. A program instruction or something is missing somewhere.
Also anyone who writes after Roy's post has the same problem on his post.
Look at the bottom of Roy's post and mine now that I havee written below him

Thank you . Also thanks for your kind words.

Ron
Hi Ron,

Yes.. This happens when the space runs out for replies to continue to move over to the right.. the way around this is to scroll up to the last 'Reply to This' and your response will follow in the order of the replies.. I hope that makes sense..

It's kinda annoying.. but if it were any different, our responses would continue to move over to the right hand side and each line would eventually be one or two words in length. I hope that makes sense..

Love to you and Gene..
Hi Sweetie,

I understand how you feel. You are not alone in this, millions have the same fear. This fear grows stronger at certain times of your life, particularly when you fall into sin (Swear at my mate Rod)

We either don't believe, don't understand or don't trust, that God would even think of looking at Christians (Hidden behind Christ) as perfectly righteous people. The promise we have is "I will remember your sins no more" In fact the worst thing we can do is not any particular sin, the worst sin is not believing God when HE says this. Satan allows you to look at your sin/sins and believe that your sins are bigger/greater/larger than God's forgiveness.
But this happens when we evaluate the majesty and power of God against our own imperfect levels. We allow ourselves to bring God down to our level. Our level is "hate" "mistrust" "Promise breakers" "Lies" (I guess we can all add to this list) This is why God in His love for us was not prepared to just say: "I forgive them" NO! NO! He said: "I am the one Who will have to judge them in the end. The soul that sins will die" Then in His marvellous plan of redemption, He came as a man and died in our place. YOU KNOW ALL THIS....... This then is where the doctrine of Justification clicks in. God has completely Justified Himself in that He cannot be accused of simply forgiving sin. NO! IT has been paid in full by God Himself and you are Justified in Believing what God says and what He has done. END OF STORY!

Fortunately God never runs out of patience. He knows that "It is Finished" Otherwise He would have to say: "OK here we go again. My "Fortune Teller" warned me that this would happen. Linda has just 'unjustified' herself for the thousandth time. I will have to start all over again concerning her." No! God want's you to believe Him .... Satan doesn't want you to believe God.
Satan want's you to waste your Christian life away by looking at yourself and making a comparison of yourself with that of God. Satan then asks you: "Did God say........?"
When I find myself tottering on the edge of questioning God's act in my life. I remind myself of who God is. I think of His Creation, Heaven, earth, Galaxies, Sun, Moon, Angels, Myriads of universes outside of ours etc. etc. My thoughts then turn to the Cross and how the Magnificent Creator allowed man to spit on Him, slap Him through the face, mock Him, yet even then His wish was that they be forgiven. WHY THEN SHOULD I AT ANYTIME DOUBT THAT HE HAS FORGIVEN ME? God has Justified Himself by paying for our sins in full, with His own body and we are Justified in receiving this forgiveness by a simple act of receiving it.. Unlike us, God does not take His gifts back.
This sentence: "A simple act of receiving it" Must surely tell us what a Mighty God we have, when He asks for nothing more from us, but to simply believe and receive it. Therefore we are completely Justified because we have believed God's promise and we are justified in accepting it.
IF GOD BE FOR US - WHO CAN BE AGAINST US. It certainly should not be ourselves at any time, questioning God's promises.

I pray this helps and assists you to stand up strong in your redemption, failing which one will be as a soldier who always questions the sharpness of his sword.

With lotsa Love
Me, your Brother,
Ron.
Hi Linda
You are continually comparing your failures against God's Grace.

"Yes Father, I know and Understand, but look at me, I am a miserable wretch who calls herself a "child of God" this just can't be. I don't believe you Lord! Let me rather follow the example of Martin Luther, who beat his own body with a whip every day when he felt he had sinned. I refuse to be presumptous and believe that I wll be saved despite my sins"

I spent some time praying over your last email. I needed to know what was
causing your uncertainty. God I believe gave me an answer. It was an "EUREKA" moment for me. Here then is what I feel within my own spirit.

Plse read and digest carefully.
Martin Luther, plus Linda Ruth and ALL Christians including Ron Payne and Carla plus all on AAG reach the stage where their awareness of sin and it's rejection starts to become a major problem.

When this happens and it does not take long. At first we push against it with:
"I'm washed in the blood of Christ and I'm saved" A type of pat answer we normally come up with. But this type of answer starts to wear thin and we begin to realise (some panic) that we are not at all that squeeky clean.
It is at this point that many fall away. "I've tried the 'I'm saved' business and it doesn't work" Others persevere and battle all their Christian lives fighting sin, not knowing how to overcome. They are still saved, despite the sin. But they experience Christian lives that are high one moment and on the brink of disaster the next.

When it appears that sin is knocking hard at your door and you are getting uncomfortable.... even start doubting as we all would. What is really happening is that God wants you to walk a victorious Christian life.

Now listen carefully....
Sanctification is the road that will take you there. It is NOT an easy road for the wretches we are. There are mountains to climb, unexpected Bombs falling into plans we make, and because you will hate sin, SIn will appear ten times the size it really is. This then is the road of Sanctification. But there is some joy despite the disasters which at first present themselves. The joy is this. Once we decide that we really want to walk the road of Sanctification. The first fear that falls away completely is your doubt of Salvation. From that moment your joy enters. You will know without a doubt that you are saved, the fear and doubt goes and you are on the road to pleasing God and Yes! Yourself. You have been Justified and now you are being Sanctified. Justification is completed in your life the very moment you accepted Christ. Sanctification is the road (Warfare) that you are wanting to walk.
I believe and it has been confirmed in prayer that this is where you are. Your sins are challenging your faith and your heart wants you to be a better
Christian. It's a warfare..... The concerns you have for your salvation can be put aside, God has seen to that at the cross. He now wants you to concentrate on the road to being sanctified. In His eyes He can see you (the finished product) and He allows the sins to prod you towards being freed from them.

Namely through sanctification. Here You will be working towards a stable Christian life and building up your position and the rewards you will receive when you stand before Him face to face.
This I believe is what God wants you to know and where you are. Sanctification can either be a burden or a joy, it simply depends on your own obedience and how much you want to be like Christ and be done with sin. Satan will work his hardest to dissuade you in the beginning. But your desire to be sanctified will overcome the darts and arrow thrown at you.
Victory will be slow, but every moment of it will be cherished by you.

You are blessed.
Your brother.
Ron
Linda-

>>I am happy to hear from other people apart from David V and Roy Wilson - I will not respond to these men!

I am not responding to you, I am responding to your post. You do not have to acknowledge me, or respond to me. But there are many members here who are reading your post and we are all welcome to share here. This is a public community. When you place something in the forums you have no authority nor do I to tell who or who should not comment. This community is not going down that route. If you are going to share here than we are all free to respond. I do not need your permission to do so, nor does any other member. As far as I am aware this is not your site nor is it mine. And this site will not go down that route. You are not my enemy, I don't even know you, but this is not burger king either, you can't have it your way here. You have made comments and we are all free to respond. Now you don't have to like it or agree with them or respond to them.

THIS IS A VERY HEALTHY COMMUNITY AND IT WILL NOT TURN INTO PRIVATE PLAY GROUNDS.

Ex 32:33
And the LORD said to Moses, "Whoever has sinned against Me, I will blot him out of My book.
NKJV

So we are saying that the God that knows all, will have my name written on the book of eternal life and then He will erase it if I lose my salvation. Why write it in if He knows I am going to lose it anyways? Write the name in the book ol Life. Erase the name of the book of Life. Write it again, wait he messed up again, erase it. ok He is back, write it again etc etc etc...

Psalm 69:28
Let them be blotted out of the book of the living, And not be written with the righteous.

THERE IS MORE THAN ONE BOOK IN THE WORD THAT WE NEED TO PAY ATTENTION TO. THERE IS ABOOK OF THE LIVING. SO COULD IT BE POSSIBLE that the name of those who continue to sin even tho they know God, God can erase them off the book of the Living.

In other word is the book of the living the book that has all the names of the pople presently a live and when God’s people live in rebelliousness, God who is our creator can choose to kill us before our time. Like we see in:

Acts 5: 5 Then Ananias, hearing these words, fell down and breathed his last. or

1 John 5:16
If anyone sees his brother sinning a sin which does not lead to death, he will ask, and He will give him life for those who commit sin not leading to death. There is sin leading to death. I do not say that he should pray about that.

FAMILY

Only LT the NET Coordinator and Carla a Volunteer Administrator have the right to specify who and who cannot answer in these forums. No member has such authority.

Please disregard Linda's comment about who can and cannot respond to her post. Everyone is encouraged to respond to anything posted in the forums. Please do not be driven away from the forums by such comments. We love you and long to hear your concerns, questions and opinions.

My Lord richly bless you family.

David V
Volunteer NET Moderator
Thank you David for posting this message. I should have posted a note to this effect a few days ago. This is to be a community where we are all learning and growing, and each person can post as they are lead provided the responses are in Love, without abuse, questionable teachings etc....
The outlines are here: http://www.allaboutgod.net/forum/topics/1383940:Topic:161958.

We are to bear with one another in love. Thank you for this important reminder David.

Carla
Volunteer NET Administrator
Because Linda and Rod have both become close friends, whom I admire for their steadfastness in the gospel and their search for the truth, the same as everyone else here on AAG.
I decided that I would not reply to any further mail regarding this discussion and in doing so, find myself embroiled in the argument this discussion has turned into.
I would encourage everyone involved to take a deep breath, stop and come to the realisation that this is exactly what our common enemy wants. He has as I see it, turned our defences away from him and our eyes off our Lord. He has encouraged us to forget who we are in Christ and has turned vengeance and hate towards each other.
There is a reason for this and I believe it is because AAG is building up a stronghold, that he wants to break down.
Therefore I ask that everyone here on AAG reading this and particularly all those involved, stop and turn to the Lord AND EACH OTHER in asking for foregiveness. Wipe away from your memories what you have said against each other and particulary the way you feel towards each other at this very moment.
Unless we do this, we will find that our walk in Christ will be one of labour and not love.
As your Elder here on AAG I implore you to write a short personal note (right here on AAG) to each other asking the Lord for forgiveness, apologize to each other and confirm your Love for each other as Brothers and Sisters in Christ.
If we the Body of Christ fail in this then it proves to the outside world, particularly those who are on the brink of a decision to become Christians, that Christianity is just a lot of hogwash.
Your Brother in Christ
Ron.
To all my friends and those whom I have learnt to love and respect here on AAG.
If I have in any way offended any member, I ask for your foregiveness.
I make no excuses for myself, my behaviour and everything I might have said to
lose your trust and caused you pain. Please forgive me.
Your Brother in Christ
Ron
Hello Ron,
I respect you as a brother in Christ and honour your opinion and advcie.

If I have offended anyone with my responses here on AAG then I sincerely apologise and ask foregiveness.
May the Lord bless and keep all here who seek His word and truth.

Blessings
In His love
Rod

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service