All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

Hi, I'm just wondering - is Allah the same as our God? Or are they two different Gods?

Views: 769

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Al-Qaida warns Muslims: Time to get out of U.S.
www.wnd.com
Dear Sunny Pai,

I pray that God will show Himself to you.. Please consider this scripture:

1Jo 4:1 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

1Jo 4:2 By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God;

1Jo 4:3 and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world.

Blessings, Carla
Hi Sunni,
Do you know how my heart leaped when I read your last mail to me?
It told me that you are half way there and it caused me to jump out of my chair and
Shout, "Yes, Lord... Thank you."

Sunni, Lets deal with your problem in steps, instead of me giving you a letter with so much info that both you and I would lose our way.

First step.
When Mankind fell into sin, God knew that He could not accept them or their sins unless something or preferably someone would pay for those sins.
To teach them what He was eventually going to do. He told them to take an innocent lamb and sacrifice it for their sins. God was not totally satisfied with this because we are told that the blood of Bulls and Goats can never really take away the sins of man. But it was a symbolic gesture. Because God had a bigger plan.
That plan came about, because God loves us so much that He decided to take man's place and punishment, Himself.

God then came down to earth in the form of a man called Jesus Christ. (let's leave the trinity out for the moment)

When John the Baptist saw Jesus he said to the crowd: "Behold the Lamb of God, which will take away the sin of the world." Jesus lived a sinless life like that lamb, except now it was God Himself who was that sinless lamb.

It had to be God (But we will deal with that later) because who else could pay for the sins of the entire world?

So Jesus came to live on earth to representing the whole of mankind, and He had no sin in Him whatsoever.
Then Jesus like that innocent lamb, allowed Himself to be taken and literally slaughtered for our sins.

The Bible says: "The soul that sins it shall die" Ezekiel 18:20 We then have a choice, we can either accept God's
offer of Christ dying in our place and therefor receive forgiveness, or we can reject God's offer and suffer sins eternal damnation in Hell ourselves.

Allow me to give a simple example. A magistrate's servant steals a bicycle. The magistrate is extremely upset and fines the servant $5,000.00. Obviously the servant has not got that amount of money. While the servant is cursing the magistrate, the magistrate gets off from his chair and goes to the Clerk of the court and pays the fine.
When the servant hears this, he refuses to accept the receipt and curses the magistrate, tears up the receipt and walks towards the exit.
When he tries to walk through the exit door a policeman stops him and asks for the receipt before he allows the servant to leave the court house. Without the receipt the policeman will not let him go.

Sunni, this is a very simple explanation of our situation. God says the soul that sins it shall die, Jesus came from Heavens glory and paid the penalty for us. Jesus becomes our receipt. We can accept or reject Him. But if we choose to reject Him we cannot escape, we will have to pay for our own sins.

Jesus had to come to the earth as a man to represent man. He also had to be sinless. No one else could do this, because all men have fallen into sin. We see then that God loves us so much that he came personally to pay the price that he Himself had placed on the heads of mankind. Only a sinless God could pay for sinful men.
We have the choice of accepting God's "receipt" or rejecting it.

It is our sin that caused God to die for us..... It then becomes extremely important that we ask God to forgive us and to cleanse us from all our past sins. It also becomes important that we invite God's Holy Spirit to take up residence in our lives - Yes! Live within us - and guide us in all we do and learn about Him.
Should you do this Sunni, don't expect some wonderful experience. Some are fortunate and do, others don't.
But be sure of one thing God is a God who cannot lie and He promises that He is at the door waiting for you to do this and the God who cannot lie promises: "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." Rev 3:20

If you do this, I would ask that you go to a Pastor and tell him what you have done. I believe a Baptist Pastor would be just the man. I make this suggestion, because there are priests and Pastors who also have some of the strangest ideas. Ask him to fill you in with all the gaps you are experiencing. Please ask him to explain the New Birth to you. I promise you in a few weeks if not sooner, you will be walking on air. I promise you, that whatever burdens you have they will go.
The Lord Bless you and guide you into all truth. I know too Sunni, that everyone here on AAG reading this will be praying for you.
Sunni,
The Trinity is a difficult concept for most christians at one time or another in their walk. I have pondered it many times. In Genesis 1:1, God and the Holy Spirit both are mentioned. God created the heavens and the earth...the Spirit of God "hovered" over the waters. ( "Like a mother bird hovering over her chicks")

The gospel of John is rich with Jesus's statements of his deity. The formula is "I Am". When Jesus uses this phrase, he affirms his pre-existance and eternal deity.
John 6:35 I am "the bread of life".
John 8:12" I am the light of the world"
John 9:5 "While I am in the world, I am the light of the world."
John 10:7 ..."I am the gate."
John 10:11, 14 I am the good shepherd.
John11:25 I am the resurrection and the life.
John 14:6 I am the way the truth and the life.

Exodus3: 13,14..Moses said to God, "Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them", "The God of your fathers has sent me to you, and they ask me "What is his name?" "Then what shall I tell them?" 14: God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM". THIS IS WHAT YOU ARE TO SAY TO THE ISRAELITES: " I AM HAS SENT ME TO YOU."

He is the great I AM!

Water can be in 3 differnt forms 1. liquid, 2.ice, 3. steam...it is still water!

Lv, Vella

Each religion has a God, and a Jesus, even if they have different names. This is a very pressing question which I cannot answer. Though my oldest son and my daughter asked this, I couldn't tell them, and so they try to get the answer through Alchemy and fortune telling.

Hi Charlie,

"God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints." (1Cor 14:33) 

Imagine if God was the god of every man made relgion?

First, He would be a god of contradictions.

Secondly, all those contradictions would make him a common god of lies.

Thirdly, He would be a god of dissension giving rise to discord.

Fourth, He would definitely be a god of confusion. But He says He is not. So where then does the confusion come from? Look no further than Satan.

God starts the the Bible right at the very first moment in "Time".  "In the Beginning God created the heavens and the earth."

Every other religion seems to simply "pop-up" onto the scene hundreds of years later. 

For instance the Islamic faith does just that, it simply appears 750 years after Christ's death.

BY that time the Bible had already come to a close and having completed the Apocalypse (the Revelation of the end times) we now need look no further. But 750 years later, along comes Islam and starts a new religion claiming to be the "One and OnlyTrue" religion in the world and decapitates anyone who says differently. In my mind that represents confusion and dissension.

I leave you to decide. But the God I worship started at the beginning and tells me that: "I am the Lord your God, I am a jealous God and besides me there is no ther god." Exodus 34:14 

Blessings

Ron.

:

"

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service