All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

A lot of ladies had a discussion about this topic and a lot of differences raised from this issue. And I wondered if I shouldn't make this a topic open for discussion on the Net and hear the opinions of everyone.

I would just like to mention that this is not judgemental towards anyone, but an open discussion especially for those who have been struggling with this question in their hearts.

In my own heart, I feel that it doesn't really matter which day we celebrate the Sabbath as long as you have your day of rest the seventh day of the week as the Bible stipulates. I know some people say it is on Saturday and others on Sunday, but why is this really such a big issue? Isn't it more important if you serve the Lord with your whole heart everyday of your life? Isn't it more important to seek His Kingdom with your whole heart, sit at HIs feet, everyday not only on the Sabbath?
If Jesus went to the fields on the Sabbath when His disciples were hungry (Matt 12) to feed them, would He really thought of this as a problem issue in the lives of His folllowers?
Is it really a breaking of the commandment if you do not, for example, celebrate the Sabbath on Saturday but rather on the Sunday?
And if Jesus died on Friday, how is it that we celebrate Resurrection Sunday on Sunday and not on Saturday?
Are we not having differences over issues that is not that important, for rather worrying when the real Sabbath is, than spending more time in the presence of God?!!
Will we be asked on Judgement day on which day we serve the Lord or rather did you serve ME at all??

Would love to hear the comments of all our brothers and sister on the Net and share in a topic that is of a concern for so many people.

Blessings to all

Views: 230

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It is so easy to fall into the trap of "legalism", on any matter at any time, and this one in particular. I didn't get to read all the replies, as they are now quiet lengthy, however, I liked what Brenda said about not allowing this to be a dividing point, among Gods people.

The word is clear, that we are to work out our own salvation, with fear and trembling. And we each have been given the gift of the Holy Spirit. He is now our guide, should we not allow him to bring his conviction to our hearts, rather than trying to figure out what "others" believe, or would like for us to do?

It is my understanding that Jesus wants us to be free to follow him, that he desires to be the one in control of our lives, and that he has set us free from mans control, if we will only walk in it.

We are clearly told to "not judge another.... pertaining to holy days.... and sabbaths.." Yet... we do. Why?

Could it be that due to pride in our hearts, that we desire to "be right ?" Rather than be willing to follow Jesus example of loving our Savior, with all our hearts, minds, souls and spirits, and our neighbor as ourself?

How, can we love our neighbor, and judge him at the same time?

Is it not more pleasing, to love him, and allow the Holy Spirit to lead him to the place that he desires for him to be, rather than to impose rules upon him, that Jesus delivered him from?

Let every man decide for himself.... between him and his Lord, how he is to live and serve his Master.

I personally like to enjoy two days of rest, if at all possible, Sat. & Sunday. I seek the Lord every day of the week, and try to do so, before beginning my day, because that makes it go better, however, I would not impose my beliefs upon another, I would rather, share what I do and believe, and leave it entirely up to the next person as to how they choose to live and serve the Lord.

It is my belief that the Holy Spirit both can and will lead us into all truth, when and how he desires, and he does not need us dictating to anyone, how to live their life, as he is the author of that life. Let us all walk in the grace that Jesus purchased for us, and allow God to be God to everyone, instead of us trying to do his job for him. And by saying this, I mean no offense toward anyone, no matter what beliefs you hold at the moment, and I sincerely hope that none is taken.

God be with each of us, on the journey that he has called us to.

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service