All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

sometimes the whole concept is hard to grasp: the holy, all-powerful god actually wants us to him. its called prayer
although god knows what you will say even before you do, he still waits for you to enter his presence in prayer . no request is too large (or to small) to take before him god loves u and wants to answer your prayers . have a hard time believing that? ..........den read da following verses

psalm 91:15
He shall call upon me, and i shall ans him; i will be with him in trouble; i will diliver him and honour him.

matthew 7:7
"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek ,and and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you."

matthew21:22
"And whatever things you ask in prayer,believing, you will receive."

1thessaloniams 5:17-18
pray without ceasing: in everything give thanks;for this is gods will for you in christ jesus

prayer
please make me a person of prayer
i'dont want to come to you
with only a list of wants and needs.
i want to come to you in yo presence,
thanking you for who you are
. and for what you've done.
teach me to not only talk to you,
but to wait quietly for your answer.
......................amen

Views: 176

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Waiting quietly is the hard part for me especially when it comes to the needs of my kids( grown kids). I tend to want the answer the day before yesterday. But the Lord is working on me to trust him and wait on his timing.
CJ
i know ..........waiting is hard but he does answer every thing you ask him in a different way tru somebody else..........4eg ..this is kinda funny ,,i was goin to dance 4 a concert ...its a hill song called ..it goes like jesus you are my best friend .....and so on ...im real close to jesus k ..and myself and my friend ..prac real hard ..finally wen da day came my parents neva wanted to send me ................i would got so buged ,,i told my mum ,,well if you want it dat way good ..i went in my room ,,,waz not so worried ,,,i told jesus ....."see im not gonna argue with my parents dats wat u said .so if you want me to dance 4 u make them say yes and send me" da next mor i woke up and my parents let me go ....wow dey r very strict i wonder how der eva agreed ,,,,den i told jesus..."ooohhhhh so you want me to dance 4 you"..ha ha ha ..i enjoyed dat moment ...sometimes you may not get any ans only when its time ..its all 4 are good ..you would have notised that after every problem.we learn a very good lesson. so its like if a child sees a snake it does not know its dangerous but you az a parent will not let them have it .....our heavenly father behaves the same way towards his children ....we do not know what we ask for ,,,,,hope you get my point ,,may i know your name:)
My name is Cindy.

I know the Lord knows the beginning from the end and I only know what has already happened so I figure he has a clear picture in mind, I see dimly and the bottom of the tapestry he is weaving. Someday I will see the tapestry from the top.
madam cindy i see you find it hard to wait .....ill send some verses on that ..which i believe would help you wait in da lord ..:) .....good thought by da way ..........ill send it tom az i am busy wit my xam .....candy
I think God protects us in a lot of situations that we don't even realize. For example when I am delayed or something happens to change my plans at the last minute, I think God maybe protecting me from some danger or a circumstance that ciould harm me. But my response is often to be frustrated with the delay. I am trying to learn to look at delays and changes in my plans as God ministering to me and protecting me.
CJ
hey ..m. cindy thats exactly it .........but not always say wen i do my xams i always pray dat i shold do well ..sometimes i plug(fail)
....i would not talk to him \4 somedays .....but later on i realised dat unless i study i do well god expects us to do our part ...i cant just do well by praying i should work 4 it :) ..but even when we do it if things go wrong its definately for a reason.so neva get frustrated and stuff .....just be happy ..........at what eva da situation may be ,,,,,,even if its real bad ,,,cause some one will be happy wen yo angry ova jesus ...try not to fall into his(satan) traps ..jesus will be sad ,,,,:)
hmmmmmm lea ...thats good he did protect you ...if you read the thing i wrote on temptation you would be clear with what im gonna say auuum 1st god neva wanted anything like that to happen ....he neva made it to..happen .... its satan ....its this evil world ....see if you read genesis 37-41 something the story of joseph the dreamer you would see he went tru so much his brothers hated him and tried to killm he waz sold to some one waz even put in prison finally he go to so many places n stuff in dat state he would have felt dat god were not ans his prayers ....but finally he waz made the ruler ova egypt ......so wat is my point all bad stuff may happen may its for some good ...........im not sure wat good is in wat happened last nite but im sure its definately for some good .may be yo not suppose to sleep der may be something bad would have happed to you dats
why dat would have happened .....anyways...you should thank him because you are safe .......................tc god bless you
I have an interesting perspective to prayer.. And would love to share this here. If you look carefully God does not want us to remain stagnant in our relationship with him. We must grow. The available stages of growth are
1. Children
2. Young Men
3. Fathers
And these are stages of growth. So we must learn as we make progress with God. What we did as children become ridiculous when we become teenagers and so when we become Fathers. Prayer also means different things to us as we make the transitions that we need to make. It is a natural process much like being a human being. You can never force growth, it happens naturally. In Ephesians, Paul writes that we need to know the will of God and in doing this redeem the times. We are also asked not to be children or fools but we should know the will of God. What I understand here is that in knowing the will of God only can we become one with him even in the topics of our prayer. We get a no sometimes or even silence, all because we do not know the will of God yet we ask him for a whole lot that has nothing to do with His plans for us. We need to learn this. It will help us to save many man hours on praying for things that are totally against God’s will. The gift of power in prayer is complemented by an irreplaceable command to be selfless. When we strike this balance anything we ask in prayer will be answered positively.
yuo ...you are rite ................:)
auuum .....wen we are children we act like children ..pray like children ..but a man haz ......like wat you say ...umm its not only if we know the will of god ...we can become one among him ......do you know wat gods will in yo life is? ....it may look clear to you now ...but later wen situations change ...walla confused again .........jesus knows he wont get fedup ...az its said in da forum no request is to large or small .........note; instead of knowin da lords will which is not like a,b ,c .(easy)......we can just pray ...wit all our wants .....like wat to say ....i pray like dz ....say i pray to pass in my xam ....i ask god to some how let me pass dz exam later on i say lord giv me wateva i deserve ......even other stuff ........god will provide all yo needs ....he knows watcha need already lol .......aum so ..... do you agree?
Oh yeah i agree.. as children we can act as children and ask anything we want, but you see it is because most of us here want to grow that we are here to share.. I do not have all the right answers but i feel that the reason why we are at the level of experiencing God that we are at is because we refuse to grow up maybe cos being children is pretty cool, you know no responsibilities.. But as those who want to grow we need to understand what the will of God is.. I agree with you it isnt always easy but if your heart is fixed on Him and willing to do his will, he will reveal it to you.. we mostly dnt seek it cos it is not the thing we want.. i do know to the degree that i ask what his will is for me in many things that I face daily, and itis cos i just want to do it..I do not do a whole lot of things cos i dnt know God's will on it and i just walk away from them till i can tell what his will is on the issue.. This is why we need a living and open communication line with the Holy Spirit so we know what he wants... This is how to redeem the times..
I JUST WANTED TO ADD THAT BY "CHILDREN" THE BIBLE DOES NOT REFER TO KIDS BUT TO ANYONE WHO IS STILL IN NEED OF MILK, WHICH IS NOT A BAD THING, THAT ENCOMPASSES BOTH ADULTS AND KIDS IN REAL-AGE TIME..JUST SO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR..
CHEERS

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service