All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

Ten Top Myths about Praying

1. It's hard to do
That's what is so much fun about a myth. It's easy to show the truth through it. Praying is easy. Like anything else, if you want to do it really well, okay, that will take a little time. But, think of all the prayers that will be answered on your way to getting good at it. Whew. Also, and this is no myth, life is much harder "to do" when you don't pray.
2. I am not worthy
Here is why knowing the Bible is so important. God says that WHOSOEVER comes to Him shall be saved. He will hear your prayer. The enemy of your soul is the only one that doesn't want you to think you are worthy. You are so worthy that God sent Jesus to die for your sins. The Bible also says that no greater love hath a man for a brother than to give up his life for him. Sound familiar. No greater love does God show for you than the fact that he gave Jesus to die for you so you could spend eternity with God. Oh yes, you are worthy.
3. God doesn't listen to me
God not only listens to you he hears you. This, of course is what makes so many people nervous. Why do we say God doesn't listen to us but then get afraid that God is hearing what we are saying? God answers all prayers. What you will learn as you pray and grow in your praying is that God answers the prayers the way He knows is best for us. Ouch. What you will also find is that you will marvel at what God knew about you when He chooses to answer a prayer with a "no". We're not in half as much trouble as if He would have said, "Yeah, fine go ahead."
4. It won't work
Journals of individuals of every race and language are filled with how God answered their prayers. Person after person after person. I mentioned before that prayers aren't always answered the way we want them to be at this instant. They are answered better than that. The more you pray the more you will experience that. What you will also find is that you will learn and experience real peace. You will find that real peace is something that God gives us in-spite of our circumstances not because of our circumstances. And, the bottom line? You will find that prayer mixed with your actions will work much better than not praying at all.
5. I don't know how
Well, for starters, if you just really truly mean what you are praying, you are doing it right. And, there is even software out there to help you pray and enjoy it at the same time.
6. I don' have time.
There is an old saying that goes: we don't have time to do it right the first time but we always have time to do it right the second time. It's the same with prayer. We don't have time to do it until we've blown it and then suddenly there is time to pray and pray hard which could have helped us not blow it in the first place.
7. I have to be in a church
To pray? Church is a nice place to pray and we can learn how to pray even better there. But, if you follow Jesus' way, his most effective prayers were done "on the road" – that's were the blind gained their sight, the lame their strength and where He raised the dead.
8. God doesn’t have time for my prayers
Who told you that? Remember, there is an enemy of our souls and that enemy wants to do whatever it takes to discourage you from doing what would help you. God never said or wrote at any time that He doesn't have time for our prayers. He did say He knows when a sparrow falls and that the hairs on our head are numbered. If God has the time to count the hairs on our head, He has time to listen to what you have to say or ask. God is so much bigger than you can imagine. Don't limit God by comparing Him to even the biggest smartest nicest person you know. God is a spirit and we worship Him in Spirit and in truth. He is what the church world calls Omnipresent. That means He is everywhere at once. Cool.
9. It's for other people.
Yes, it's ALSO for other people. That's why God is so big. He has all these people He listens to and helps through life. So, He is not only for you but also for other people.
10. I don't know what to pray
Maybe what you are saying is I don't know how to pray really well. Let's be honest - Jesus said, "whoever calls on my name I will answer." Well, if you called on Jesus' name and He answered you… Hmm I think that must have been a prayer. Bingo, you got it. That's where you start. Now get on with the program and START praying. The more you pray the better you will get at it and the more powerful you will feel about your prayers and your place in this world. david jordan
Prayerquake.net

Views: 94

Reply to This

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service