All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

What are the Biblical scriptures that can help me pray for my daughter and others like her? When a person 'flat out' and with seeming knowledge rejects Jesus as Lord and the entire Christian church, it seems like they have made a free will choice. How can I pray for people who seem to totally reject Christ?

Views: 152

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This article might be helpful for you.

http://www.allaboutprayer.org/pray-for-the-unsaved-faq.htm
Hi Mercy,
I am in a similar situation in praying for my daughter, I believe she accepted Jesus as her Savior but she is rejecting it plus making some no-so-good choices. I found some advice to pray Eph 3:14-20, and insert the name of the person you are praying for in those passages. Another friend suggested read through all of Ephesians and do the same thing, which can be a long process if you are praying but you may find the scripture that fits in your situation.

I ran across a scripture last night that tugged at my heart, this is from Titus 2:7,8 from NIV: In everything set them an example by doing what is good. In your teaching show integrity, seriousness and soundness of speech that cannot be condemned, so that those who oppose you may be ashamed because they have nothing bad to say about us (**in The Message translation I like how its worded in the last part of the verse "Then anyone who is dead set against us, when he finds nothing weird or misguided, might eventaully come around).

My pastor's wife mentioned a story from her father in that he was praying for God to save his father. He kept praying and asking on a regular basis for God to save him, and finally God responded in a question..."how much more do you want Me to save him? I have already sent my Son to die for his sins...and it caused the father to think of other ways to pray for his father, to be more specific in how he prayed. I don't know if this makes any sense and I'm probably not rephrasing it accurately but it was encouraging to me.

I have been asking for God to bring up situations in that my daughter will encounter him even in the oddest situations. I know I tried to run away from God, even when I knew Him at an earlier age, he was like the hound of Heaven and never stopped pursuing me and I am thankful for what He did. I hope something in this helps.

Mary
HI Mercy
I have a family loaded with unsaved individuals. Mostly, I pray for God to bind His Will to theirs (especially my children). I am big on intercessory prayer. A mother's prayer is a powerful thing. Also, it is quite a painful situation but God's time is not usually our time. We may never see the results of our prayer or righteousness, but God promises to restore the children of the righteous woman...I hold tight to those type of scripture verses.

Good Luck
Rori
Rori, that scripture is good. I will have to look it up and make sure I mark it. Thank you for sharing with Mercy and the rest of us.

God bless,
Mary
Hi There,
I also have someone in my life who I am praying for. We are each given a free will to choose. But I think it is important to pray with earnestness and tears. I really believe that God bottles up all those tears and knows just how much we care. I pray that He will be Glorified. I hand the person and the situation over to Him constantly. I can see small changes of softening occur. I also found that He softened me first before anything improved in this particular relationship. I have learned it is not in my own strength. But now I've learned to 'Let Go and Let God'.
PRAYER WORKS !!! PRAISE GOD. As I went through my crazy weekend with God (and my family), God kept putting this thought heavy on my heart...When you find you have nothing left, you find that God is all you need." It always helps me through times of turmoil, which there is so much of in "this world" God Bless Everyone !!!
Amen!

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service