All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

Therefore there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. Romans 8:1
What is condemnation? Can a believer feel condemnation? Is it guilt? Does it come from our enemy? These are the questions I often find myself asking. Is it "normal for a christian to doubt?

Views: 155

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is an answer from: http://www.gotquestions.org/salvation-doubt.html. I thought it might be helpful to you. It deals more with the doubting, so I'll leave your other questions for others to answer.

Question: "If you doubt your salvation, does that mean you are not truly saved?"

Answer: Everyone has occasional doubts. Whether or not you have doubts is not what determines whether you are a Christian. Even when a believer is faithless, God is faithful (2 Timothy 2:13). God wants us to be sure and confident of our salvation (Romans 8:38-39; 1 John 5:13). God promises that everyone who believes in Jesus Christ will be saved (John 3:16; Romans 10:9-10). We have all sinned and fallen short of God’s glory (Romans 3:23). As a result, we deserve death and an eternity apart from God (Romans 6:23). But God loved us enough to die in our place, taking the punishment that we deserved (Romans 5:8). As a result, all those who believe are saved and eternally secure.

Sometimes doubting is a good thing. Paul tells us in 2 Corinthians 13:5 “examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith.” We are to test ourselves to be sure that Jesus is truly our Savior and the Holy Spirit is truly in us. If He is, we can in no way lose the salvation Christ has obtained for us (Romans 8:38-39). If He's not, then perhaps the Holy Spirit is convicting us of sin and prompting us to repent and be reconciled to God through Christ. The assurance of our salvation comes from the knowledge that once we are in Christ, we are eternally secure. But genuine saving faith is evidenced by its works (James 2:14-26) and the fruit of the Spirit within us (Galatians 5:22). The lack of this evidence can sometimes be the cause of our doubts.

Have you placed your faith in Christ? If the answer is yes, then throw away your doubts and trust God. If you know Jesus as your Savior, you are saved without a doubt! If the answer is no, then believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved!
Good afternoon Angie,
I believe Melissa has given you everything you need to know in her excellent reply to you.
Doubt comes when you are "taking a back seat" for a considerable period of time in your Christian witness and testimony, especially when you start missing a church service more than you should. "We should not stop gathering together with other believers, as some of you are doing. Instead, we must continue to encourage each other even more as we see the day of the Lord coming." Hebrews 10:25 This verse can also be applied to what all the members are doing here at "All-bout-God". We are encouraging each other.
Once we start missing out on assembling with other Christians we will find ourselves on a guilt trip. Sin in our lives is another reason why we start to feel guilty.
As Melissa said it could be the Holy Spirit who is reminding you to get back to fellowship with your Father and His Son Jesus.
But as a Born Again Christian you can feel secure in your salvation. God will never start something in your life that He cannot finish. Paul was jubilant when he wrote: "I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day." 2Tim 1:12
The Lord Bless you.
Your Friend - Ron
What about when we loose are temper with a co-worker? After it happened I felt like crying because I realized I did not act in a Christ-like manner. Although I have gone to that person to be reconciled, I find myself asking, why if I pray so much and try to have an active relationship to the Lord, would I behave the way I did?
Good Morning Mandy,
If you fall into poor behavioral patterns then you are not listening to the voice of God. people incorrectly call the good thoughts or the corrective thoughts they receive i.e. "Don't do that" their conscience. As one who was born into sin it is difficult to have a good behavioural pattern. But that little small voice that says: "Go and apologise" or "Don't do that" is not your conscience but the Holy Spirit. Learn to listen for it and act immediately on what the Holy Spirit is saying. Do this and very soon poor behavioural patterns will be less and less.
When you hear that small voice say: "That wont be a good idea,'"or " know you want to say that, But don't" Any form of correction either before and even after you have done wrong, comes from the Holy Spirit and not from what people call your conscience.
The Lord Bless you Mandy as you strive to be the woman God wants you to be.
Your Brother and Friend - Ron.

Learn to listen for Him Mandy and you will be blessed more than you know.
I think everybody has doubt,s.But doesnt god test our faith at trying times in life.God want,s to see how strong your faith is.
Hi Trevor,
A good question.......
What comes to my mind Trevor is that there are different trials we go through. I don't think God tests a person's faith by putting the person under pressure. Because God already knows the outcome. Not only that He also knows how much pressure you can take and so He allows you to only come under the amount you can handle.
There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.1Cor 10:13
So in view of the above I don't think God needs to test your faith ever, as He already knows how strong you are. But what he does do, is allow you to come under a measured amount of trials, in order to strengthen you. Look at it as a form of exercise on you part, lets say similar to Body building, except we call it faith building.
This then explains what James is saying when he says: "Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man." James 1:13
To strengthen what I have said, allow me to repeat it: "God never needs to test your
faith, because He already know how strong you are, but will allow "measured" amounts of trials or tests in order to strengthen, not test you. These trials may come from a satanic force or problems of your own making. But God is ALWAYS in Control.
Your Brother and Friend in Christ - Ron
ron thankyou for your comments they are very helpful in my journey with god.
Believer's suffer from self-condemnation more than we want to admit. The enemy will use any form of warfare he can possibly use to keep you from attaining God's best and fulfilling your ministry. My father always said that the enemy will confuse you and make you doubt your own Salvation. It is a tactic. If you have truly searched your heart and asked God to bring to surface the truth of your Salvation, you will know without a doubt that you are indeed Saved. Don't give ear to the enemy. He likes sneak attacks of such.
doubts will come and doubts will go this will help your faith to grow
godly sorrow always leads us near to god not away from him

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service