All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

THOSE LITTLE WHITE LIES
James in his epistle in the Bible speaks eloquently about the tongue as follows:

“If anyone can control his tongue, it proves that he has perfect control over himself in every other way. We can make a large horse turn around and go wherever we want by means of a small bit in his mouth. And a tiny rudder makes a huge ship turn wherever the pilot wants it to go, even though the winds are strong. So also the tongue is a small thing, but what enormous damage it can do. A great forest can be set on fire by one tiny spark. And the tongue is a flame of fire. It is full of wickedness, and poisons every part of the body. And the tongue is set on fire by hell itself and can turn our whole lives into a blazing flame of destruction and disaster.
Men have trained, or can train, every kind of animal or bird that lives and every kind of reptile and fish, but no human being can tame the tongue. It is always ready to pour out its deadly poison. Sometimes it praises our heavenly Father, and sometimes it breaks out into curses against men who are made like God. And so blessing and cursing come pouring out of the same mouth. Dear brothers, surely this is not right! Does a spring of water bubble out first with fresh water and then with bitter water? Can you pick olives from a fig tree, or figs from a grape vine? No, and you can’t draw fresh water from a salty pool.”
James Chapter 3 verses 2 to 12(The Living Bible.)

The Seven Abominations of God

"These six [things] doth the LORD hate:
yea, seven [are] an abomination unto him:
A proud look, a lying tongue,
and hands that shed innocent blood,
An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations,
feet that be swift in running to mischief,
A false witness [that] speaketh lies,
and he that soweth discord among brethren."
(Proverbs 6:16-18)

It is important for Christians to be under no disillusion as to the things which God our Father HATES.

Let's list them in the order given in Proverbs chapter 6:16-19.

1. A Proud look.
2. A Lying tongue.
3. Hands which shed innocent blood
4. A heart that creates wicked imaginations.
5. People who are quick to get into mischief
6. A False Witness that tells lies.
7. People who sow discord amongst brethren.

How often do people encourage themselves to continue telling lies and untruths with the excuse that: "It's just a little white lie."
From what is said in this sixth chapter of Proverbs we find that the above statement is unacceptable when we read that God hates a lying tongue. In fact He finds the telling of lies so despicable, that He mentions this sin twice. He even brings special attention to it by saying:

"These six things doth God hate" and then to bring our attention to it He says: "Yea seven are an abomination unto Him" and then He lists the telling of lies TWICE.

Lies are basically told to protect yourself or someone else. Lies are used to distract the Recipient of the lie, from discovering the truth. Having committed this sin you have no right to look on yourself as having told a white lie. In God's eye you are a False Witness and a Liar, not to be trusted by your fellow men. The Bible says God not only HATES lies, but it is also an ABOMINATION to Him.

Views: 82

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, I agree...there is no such thing as white lies or big lies or small lies, all these things are the same..they all are LIES...as it is said, most people lie to protect themselves or others.. but how good the intentions or motive will be..lie is still a lie...lying (as we all know) is hiding the truth..and the Bible says the truth will let us free...we can hide the truth for a while or maybe for years but Luke 8:17 says "For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into open". The truth will always come out!
Thank you for sharing this!
God bless you!
YES! You are so right Donna - How difficult it was, when we had to put down into our memory bank what we lied about. Also many times when we lie, the person we lied to becomes suspicious and says to himself: "Somehow, what he is telling me, does not add up. I don't trust him"
Demons really weave a web of deception in that when we think we are fooling people we are really fooling ourselves and placing the joy we have in the Lord, in jeopardy
Also what if you are telling a lie to defend a person. That person says to himself: "He is telling a lie to protect me, I appreciate that, but how many lies has he also told me?
I really must watch him; because now, I can't trust him either.

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service