All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

I have a problem of not forgiving myself,I have lifelong sin that has followed me everywhere I go,And now after asking and asking and asking God to forgive me,I can not make myself forgive myself,Can someone help me?

Views: 202

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good Morning Tristan.
Many, many Christians have the same problem. It is satans way of keeping you from attaining the full joy of being a Christian and to stop you from becoming an effectual Christian.
I believe you are on the verge of a complete breakthrough in becoming both of these, namely an effectual and Joyous Christian. Hence these continual reminders of this particular sin and other sins in your life.
Below are two thoughts that come to my mind

1. Have you taken this particular sin and all others to the Cross" ( I feel sure you have)
2. God says: "In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;" (Tit 1:2)

It would seem that satan has been successful in getting you to believe that it never happened when you asked God to forgive all your sins. It is satan who is accusing God of being a liar.
The fact that you are not happy is that you are listening to the lies of satan. Remember the garden of Eden? When satan said to Eve: "Hath God said?" He was successful in deceiving her and even now he is asking you the same question: "Hath God said?"

We know that satan is a deceiver. GOD DID SAY: "I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins. Isa 43:12 "As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us." Psa 103:12

When you went to the Cross you realised that you had no righteousness of your own. You then placed your trust in the righteousness of Christ, and you were justified by it.
When you turn back to look at your sins and feel that you should be a better person, then you are looking to salvation by works, and not by grace. This denies the deity of Christ and His divine sonship; It is making light of his blood, and setting up your righteousness against His. This is the hand of satan and can easily be recognised when your mind is asked to remember your old sins that God has already cleansed you of.
Rather than listen to his deceit and lies, remind yourself of God's promises I listed above - there are plenty more to be found in the Bible - Then to switch off from these lies read Rev 20:10 to remind both you and satan where he and the false prophet will spend eternity.

Rather believe and accept the following:
For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
(Rom 8:38-39)
NOW TRISTAN STEP OUT IN FULL CONFIDENCE THAT YOU HAVE BEEN COMPLETELY FORGIVEN AND ACCEPT THE JOY THAT GOD WANTS YOU TO HAVE - THEN YOU WILL FIND THAT GOD CAN USE YOU TO ACCOMPLISH THAT WHICH HE HAS IN STORE FOR YOU.
Your Brother and Friend in Christ - Ron
Thankyou so much sir,Please keep me in prayer I've dissipointed God and myself so offen that I Have great touble seeing what is right in front of me,Thankyou again.
I know God has asked me to be a minister,but I have a problem I don't Keep God in everything I do,I let other things take first place,and when others are speaking about the Lord I get embarrassed I hate that about myself,I want to think about God ALL the time,I just don't do it.Should I continue to try to become a minister or what should I do I feel so lost.
I would like to suggest that you get your house in order before you try getting anyone else's in order. The reason, you will take it on personally which will do more harm.
Ask yourself this question, How can I take on more when I am unable to get beyond my burdens. God wants us at our best for Him, and maybe at this time you are a witness to others but you are unable to see any good things in yourself. When we see those great things in ourselves we can start to love ourselves. When Jesus spoke of the two greatest commandments: Love God, and love your neighbour as yourself. Therefore, start getting beyond those negative issues, and then start to love yourself. We are to love ourselves, and if we dont' think we should, then why would Jesus say, "love your neighbour, as YOU LOVE YOURSELF"
Dear Tristan: many years ago, I did not have the blessed Holy Spirit in my heart. I lived liked the pagans of the Old Testement. I had an abortion when I was very young. I look back at that and it took me so long to forgive myself. I felt like I broke every one of the commandements; which in fact i litterally had. But the more I have learned from Jesus Christ, the more I know he still loves me and he is pleased that his lost sheep has come home. I have turned away from those old ways. I am doing all I can to raise my girls to be children of Christ and hope that they don't make the same mistakes. For a couple of years I even let these sins keep from the Lord for I felt I would never be good enough. But look at the Prodigal son, who goes out and squanders his money away on prostitues and drink and other sins. But returns to the father; who takes him up in his arms. I kinda feel like that. But better, because my heart is after Jesus Christ. And I am preparring myself for him now! He LOVES you so and will rejoice of your return. Love in Christ Mandy
Thank you Mandy for being so honest. I too have struggled with not forgiving myself for things Ive done in my past ,but I just HAVE too keep going back to Gods promises that He forgives me. Our enemy does not want us to forget the things weve done and hes right I am a sinner but I am covered by the precious blood of Jesus. So when he accuses me I just agree and tell him your right but I am forgiven by God the only ONE who I need forgivness from! In Christ Angie
We as humans "live" in our past.Why? Because thats all we know. We don't know the future. Jesus Christ died for our sins so that they would be forever removed from our lives. God wants us to believe in his plan for us. Not what happened! We know what happened we are sinners. God wants us back. Come out of the darkness of the past and into the light of our creators life with him! I have sinned and find myself still a sinner. But, I trust,believe,Love and know God is my Father! I am so unworthy and yet he Loves me.... My prayer is for all to be granted the grace of knowledge. The knowledge of God's absolutely incredible Love for us.
The past is like a sinking ship.... It will take you down with it. Let go..God's hand reachs out to us just like he reached out to Peter but don't let go! Faith will start you walking on water and God's grace will keep you there!
May God Bless you Tristan
journeymanhd
Satan is the accuser of the brethren. (Revelation 12:10)

When I am confronted by the devil, I have learned to examine myself and see if I have any unconfessed sin in my life.

If so, which I often times do, I repent and ask the LORD Jesus Christ to forgive me.

We may claim..I John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

Once I have done this I tell the accuser...to take a hike...I have confessed and placed my sin under the blood of Jesus..beloved one, the blood covers...

We read in Ephesians 1:7 "In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace"...

Just because we are saved or born again does not mean our old nature is gone. That is why we are to die to ourselves, to crucify our flesh, each and every day. No man can serve two masters..
If we love Jesus, we will hate our sin...but the flesh is still with us..and its desires...

See the Bible tells us.. "That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit." (John 3:6) A born again believer has a new born again nature and the old flesh nature. There is a spiritual battlefield raging between the two and all around us.

This battle is pictured throughout scripture in shadows and allegories...(Galations 4:24) we see the struggle of the firstborn nature and the new nature in the lives of Cain/Abel.... Esau/Jacob.... Ishmael/Isaac ...Even Adam and Jesus (hence the moniker the second Adam)

In Galations 4:29 we read "But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him [that was born] after the Spirit, even so [it is] now."

You know..Paul struggled with a thorn in the flesh.....What Satan desired to use to whip up on ole Paul...well, God used it to keep Paul humble that he might glory all the more in the grace and mercy of The LORD Jesus Christ.

Paul asked The LORD to remove this from him...yet...

Paul states that The LORD "said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me." II Corinthians 12:9

Is it possible that The LORD is using this experience to encourage you to rely upon Him? To cry out to Him to do for you what you cannot do for yourself? I know I have found that to be the case in my life.

His strength is made perfect in our weakness. We need Jesus.

Also...Paul was the chief of sinners...(I Timothy 1:15) I mean you or I cant be the worst sinner that ever lived...if Paul was chief among sinners...and another thing... Paul considered himself not to have fully apprehended...but was being perfected...

In Phillipians 4:13 we learn of Paul .."Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but [this] one thing [I do], forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before"

Now if Paul had not yet apprehended the goal...after being struck down by The LORD and converted on the road to Damascus...maybe it is possible, that we haven't either.. at least not in our flesh...

Beloved one, ALL have sinned. (Romans 3:23)

In I John 1:8 we read "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us."

There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man (I Corinthians 10:13)

Place it all under the blood....and immerse yourself in the Word....we are washed by the water of Gods Word...(Ephesians 5:26) Find a good Bible preaching and believing church and get in regular fellowship with other believers..

Pray temptation away when it comes...in the name of Jesus...me ought always to pray.. Jesus, when He was tempted, responded...by quoting the eternal Word of God..."It is written"!

When I stumble...I go back to I John 1:9 again...and again..In fact, I do this daily...every morning..and I pray and ask Him to pick me up again...He is faithful and true and has promised to never leave nor forsake us...

Know this...Jesus loves you! God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. (Romans 5:8) There are none righteous...no not one..(Romans 3:10)

Claim the promises in His Word...as someone stated...God..cannot lie..(Titus 1:2)

"For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as [we are, yet] without sin. Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need." (Hebrews 4:15,16)

Cry out to Jesus. He is merciful and compassionate. His mercy endures forever!

" He is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them." (Hebrews 7:25)

The LORD saw our need of a Savior before even the foundation of this world, and provided Himself, a sacrifice..for you and for me...holy..and acceptable...before God..

This is why the saints in Heaven all rejoice in singing throughout eternity "Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing." (Revelation 5:12)

Good night and may The LORD bless each of you in His truth.
I have the exact same problem as Tristan - I worry everyday about things that I have done wrong - not a day goes back that I don't regret the sins I have committed.

I'm going to be remembering this discussion from now on everytime those regretful memories come into my head - I will remember that Jesus died for me so my sins could be forgiven, and that God wants me to stay with Him and focus on being a good Christian person.

It's going to be hard, but I will be as strong as possible, and send Satan away.
Hi Tristan and Going My Own Way,

What you both wrote just really spoke to my heart. I just really want you to know that when we have repented, and ask for forgiveness, We Are Forgiven! PERIOD! I love what Ron Payne says..."When satan comes knocking at your door, just say "Jesus, could You get that for me."
If you are unsure that you have repented of a particular thing, just pray for God to show you where you need to ask for that forgiveness, He will show you! When God shows you..simply Repent...ask for God's strength and help to not do it again, ask for forgiveness.

Pray for wisdom and discernment, God will give it to you freely.

James 1:5 says "If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and He will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking.

You are loved dear sister. Read your bible every day....so that satan's lies will have No place as truth in your life. When you do this you will begin to simply rest in the beautiful truth and promises of Jesus

Your sister in Christ~carla

Dear Born believer I want to thank you for allowing the Lord to speak through you in such a spiritual way. I have found this to be so very encourageing and so true to my life as well as yours and others. Praise our Lord Jesus Christ our God in Heaven for never leaving us and constantly sending angels like yourself our way. Everyday is a spiritual struggle with me. Sometimes I feel so lost and alone and that I have failed Jesus yet again. I hate this evil and this flesh that lives within me but to know that God is much greater than anything that can ever come to me and that God is greather and stronger in me than this evil which is such a liar and deceiver as you so well put it gives me hope and encourages me to continue my walk with jesus and to know that there are so many of us who struggle with this daily walk every single day. I love Jesus with all my heart and I want to please Him and live for Him and I find myself falling into the world and feel as though I slap Him in the face and I hate myself for that. I remind myself daily that Jesus is the perfect security in storms not from storms and that we all go through storms but we must trust in Jesus completely and know that He has plans for us that are far greater than even our own comprehension. I love Jesus and want to live for Him completely. I thank God for sending me this site so that I can come here for daily encouragement and to know that I am not alone in my struggles with my spirit and my flesh. I pray the Lord helps me to continue to grow in His word and in His spirit so that others can see the light of Jesus in my life to lift and praise Him and to glorify His name forever! Thanks again for all your encouragements and all the scriptures you have posted to help us to be stronger for Christ Jesus our Lord, Our King, Our Everything!
Dear Tristan, rest assured, no place in Scripture does it mention we are to "forgive" ourselves. God forgives us our sins when we confess them to Him. Psalm 32:5 "Then I acknowledged my sin to You and did not cover up my iniquity. I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the Lord" - and You forgave the guilt of my sin. Isaiah 43:25 "I, even I, am He who blots out your transgressions, for My own sake, and remembers your sins no more." The following verses also tell us so. Psalm 103:12; Daniel 9:9; Romans 8:1-2; Colossians 1:13; Isaiah 44:22; Micah 7:18-1. If you have confessed your sins to God,asked for forgiveness, and accepted the Lord Jesus Christ as your Saviour, He has at that time given you the Holy Spirit as your Helper. So instead of thinking that you should try to forgive yourself, which is not Biblical, ask the Holy Spirit to help you to replace the guilt with proper thinking. Philippians 4:8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things. He will help you when you ask Him - that is a guarantee. Ask Him to give you His peace in your heart concerning this matter. And trust Him fully. Do not doubt at all. Keep your mind fixed on Him. Read His Word. Read Psalm 145, it will lift up your spirit to praise and worship the Lord in this way. I pray for you, that you be strong in the Lord. With love in Jesus Christ.

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service