All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

I believe that praise and worship is of utmost importance for us as Christian. All about God .com has a wonderful teaching on praise and worship and I am including some of it here.

1Why Praise and Worship - Why Should We do it?
God alone is worthy of our devotion, praise and worship. He is God, our Creator, and we are commanded to praise and worship Him. Psalm 96:9 says, "Worship the Lord in the splendor of his holiness; tremble before him, all the earth." Psalm 29:2 says, "Give unto the Lord the glory due his name; worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness."

A.W. Tozer said, "Without worship, we go about miserable." God doesn't want us to be miserable -- He has a perfect plan for our lives. He has done so many things to show us that He loves us and doesn't want us to be miserable. He wants us to have hope for a future with Him --he wants us to have eternal life in heaven with Him.

A life of praise and worship fills our deepest needs, and amazingly, it also brings great joy to God.
Zephaniah 3:17 states, "The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. (Rejoice means to spin around with great joy).

Views: 1334

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

As the years pass in my journey with the Lord I have seen some incredible miracles. This picture was taken of me and my Dad on his wedding day when He was remarried. I was his best man and it also was his birthday. I have found that a lot of praise in my life comes from taking steps of obedience I have taken. I prayed for my dad for 20 years before He finally came to the Lord and was born again 6 months prior to this day.
He had been a drunk all of my life and most of the suffering I went through as a child had to do with his alcoholism. I had lost contact with him for a number of years and one day I received a call from him wanting me to help him. He had a lot of physical problems due to the rough life he had lived. I owed him nothing, but in the word we are called to honor our parents. In obedience I went and found him and set him up in an apartment. I was shocked when he wanted to go to church with me. The second time He came he received the Lord. The rest of his life was blessed with a caring companion.
Obedience to the Lord will give you some reasons to praise the lord. Some times obedience can be difficult but it is all worth it in the end.

I wanted to talk about generating an attitude of gratitude today.
If we are not careful we can develop pessimistic attitude that will flow over into all of our life. A simple way to generate a thankful heart of gratitude is to count your blessing, as the old song says count your many blessings name them one by one and it will surprise you what God has done. Keep track of answers to prayer, write them down, use them in your time of praise and thanksgiving to the Lord.
Bob you are such an inspiration, I love the story of you and your dad. I have been gently trying to accomplish the same with my mother. She is not a heavy drinker. She drinks some. But her biggest problem is that she feels she has had the worst life than anyone else on this earth. She was abused as a child by her stepfather and her mother just beat her for telling her. So she thinks that when ever bad things happen to her that it is because she is being mistreated by the world and that all people are out to hurt her. I have given her tapes to listen to and tried to gently encourage her to listen to them. Her response is: I don't have time I have to deal with this or that problem first. I told her, Mom all you have to do is pop the CD in while you are driving. She says she has too many problems to worry about to focus on that. It wasa Joel Osten's new book on audio tape; because she once said she liked him. She has after the 3rd time asking her to just put it in; offered to give it back to me. That made me really sad, I pray for her often and hope the Lord will enter her heart. Her big dilema that she is dealing with now is "retirement" she doesn't think she will be able to afford it. She lived above her means, I don't know what she has saved, because she has always been very secretive about her finances. I hope I will have a similar story tell of my mom, as you did about your dad. Love your friend in Christ.
Mandy that is why I posted the story about my dad so that people like you do not become discouraged in reaching others for Christ. I wrote that I have found that a lot of praise in my life comes from taking steps of obedience I have taken. Listen to the voice of God and He will show you how he wants to love your mom through you. He is already working in her life because your their as a vessel to pour out to her. I found this awesome vidio about what worship is that I think will bless you as you wait to see what God what God is going to do through you.(smile)
Jeremy Riddle - Sweetly Broken

To the cross I look, to the cross I cling
Of its suffering I do drink
Of its work I do sing

For on it my Savior both bruised and crushed
Showed that God is love
And God is just

Chorus:
At the cross You beckon me
You draw me gently to my knees, and I am
Lost for words, so lost in love,
I’m sweetly broken, wholly surrendered

What a priceless gift, undeserved life
Have I been given
Through Christ crucified

You’ve called me out of death
You’ve called me into life
And I was under Your wrath
Now through the cross I’m reconciled

Chorus:

In awe of the cross I must confess
How wondrous Your redeeming love and
How great is Your faithfulness
Don Moen-Give Thanks
Give thanks
With a grateful heart
Give thanks
To the Holy One
Give thanks
Because He's given
Jesus Christ His Son

Give thanks
With a grateful heart
Give thanks
To the Holy One
Give thanks
Because He's given
Jesus Christ His Son

And now let the weak
Say "I am strong"
Let the poor say
"I am rich"
Because of what the Lord
Has done for us
As I have said in another post; I have found that a lot of praise in my life comes from taking steps of obedience.
Some times praise comes out of taking a stand also.
I think that this is the hardest thing we have to deal with as Christians because a stand could mean that you will not compromise. Maybe your stand will mean rejection, or loss, or misunderstanding or persecution.
So how does taking a stand generate praise in our lives?

Because when it has all been said and done, there is just one thing that matters, did I do my best to live for truth, did I live my life for Him?
When Its All Been Said and Done
When it's all been said and done
There is just one thing that matters
Did I do my best to live for truth?
Did I live my life for you?

All my treasures will mean nothing
Only what I have done
For love's rewards
Will stand the test of time

Lord, your mercy is so great
That you look beyond our weakness
That you found purest gold in miry clay
Turning sinners into saints

I will always sing your praise
Here on earth and in heaven after
For you've joined me at my true home
You're my life when life is gone..

I have been in one of the best Bible studies of the book of Revelation for almost a year and we are up to chapter 15. I got to teach on the harvest of the Earth yesterday Rev.14:14-20. All I could think about was the movie Independence Day when those huge space ships came over the cities in billowing clouds .lol
Well I think that the return of Jesus will be more spectacular than any film could ever portray. We have a promise that Jesus will come again and this time he will come not as a baby in a manger, but with a crown of glory to set up His glorious kingdom.
In Heaven there is great joy because of what is to come. The great day when Jesus shall appear and we will be with him on that great day. Let us join in the worship of Heaven in anticipation for what is to come.

christ for the nations - revelation song
Clothed in rainbows, of living color
Flashes of lightning, rolls of thunder
Blessing and honor, strength and
Glory and power be
To You the Only Wise King,
Yeah

Holy, Holy, Holy
Is the Lord God Almighty
Who was, and is, and is to come, yeah
With all creation I sing:
Praise to the King of Kings !