All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

I believe that praise and worship is of utmost importance for us as Christian. All about God .com has a wonderful teaching on praise and worship and I am including some of it here.

1Why Praise and Worship - Why Should We do it?
God alone is worthy of our devotion, praise and worship. He is God, our Creator, and we are commanded to praise and worship Him. Psalm 96:9 says, "Worship the Lord in the splendor of his holiness; tremble before him, all the earth." Psalm 29:2 says, "Give unto the Lord the glory due his name; worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness."

A.W. Tozer said, "Without worship, we go about miserable." God doesn't want us to be miserable -- He has a perfect plan for our lives. He has done so many things to show us that He loves us and doesn't want us to be miserable. He wants us to have hope for a future with Him --he wants us to have eternal life in heaven with Him.

A life of praise and worship fills our deepest needs, and amazingly, it also brings great joy to God.
Zephaniah 3:17 states, "The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. (Rejoice means to spin around with great joy).

Views: 1333

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Amen, I think Soloman ask that question after he had lived pretty much for himself with no satisfaction, he said it is to fear(Reverance) God and keep His commandments. Jesus said , If you love me keep my commandment. So yes it is glorifying our maker, that is our chief end, and we glorify him through our relationship with Him and out of that relationship comes reverance and obedience.

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service