All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

I believe that praise and worship is of utmost importance for us as Christian. All about God .com has a wonderful teaching on praise and worship and I am including some of it here.

1Why Praise and Worship - Why Should We do it?
God alone is worthy of our devotion, praise and worship. He is God, our Creator, and we are commanded to praise and worship Him. Psalm 96:9 says, "Worship the Lord in the splendor of his holiness; tremble before him, all the earth." Psalm 29:2 says, "Give unto the Lord the glory due his name; worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness."

A.W. Tozer said, "Without worship, we go about miserable." God doesn't want us to be miserable -- He has a perfect plan for our lives. He has done so many things to show us that He loves us and doesn't want us to be miserable. He wants us to have hope for a future with Him --he wants us to have eternal life in heaven with Him.

A life of praise and worship fills our deepest needs, and amazingly, it also brings great joy to God.
Zephaniah 3:17 states, "The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. (Rejoice means to spin around with great joy).

Views: 1334

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Praise means “to commend, to applaud or magnify.” For the Christian, praise to God is an expression of worship, lifting-up and glorifying the Lord. It is an expression of humbling ourselves and centering our attention upon the Lord with heart-felt expressions of love, adoration and thanksgiving. High praises bring our spirit into a pinnacle of fellowship and intimacy between ourselves and God — it magnifies our awareness of our spiritual union with the most high God. Praise transports us into the realm of the supernatural and into the power of God. “Blessed is the people that know the joyful sound: they shall walk, O LORD, in the light of thy countenance” (Psalms 89:15).
This morning I have been sharing with a brother who is beaten down with condemnation. I tried to show him that God's love is secure, that it is part of His nature. When our hearts are filled with condemnation we can't praise a God who is so holy. Satan is always lying to us trying to distort God to us. We are saved by mercy and the kindness of God. I want to let my condemnation be turned into graditude to Father God for all He has provided for me. When I sin, I will confess my sin and agree with God that it is wrong and the blood of Jesus will continue to cleance me from all unrightiousness. I told my brother to live near to God. Praise and worship is part of living near to God. This is one of my favorite songs, Here in your pesence by the desparation band.
Dear Bob; you are always an inspiration for me. You contribute so much blessings to this site. Thank you; I will walk with the Lord by my side this day and always. When I sin, I will allow God to pull me back and ask for his forgivness through our Jesus Christ. Your friend. God Bless; Mandy
This is the vidio I wanted to leave with my coments today althought the other is good too.
One of the thing that motivates praise in our life is the freedom that Jesus brings us in our lives. We are free to live for Him, free from guilt, free from shame, free to love, etc. This vidio by The News Boy expresses that graditude to the lord for the freedom He gives to those who put thier trust in Him.
Isaih 49:31 says; But they that WAIT,( are waiting, gather, trusting, hoping, binding together,look patiently) upon the Lord shall renew (sprout) thier strength(capacity). It is an active comimg before the Lord where our strength and capacity is renewed. When we are coming before the Lord speaking to ourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord; Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ; Eph 5:19-20
Another aspect of praise and worship is prayer. Prayer is comunication with God and listening to God. Alot of Christians see prayer as just talking to God, but it is also listening to God. In my prayer group we always praise and adore The Lord before we pray. In other words we seek his face before we seek his hands. Praying this way is awesome because we are not just being selfish trying to get what we want, because what we need the most is Him in our lives. So spend some time in praise and worship before prayer and watch your prayer life take off.
Yesterday after church a man named David gave his life to the Lord after the service. This man had spent many years in prison and was an alcoholic. As He began to pray and ask Jesus to come into His life, the tears of a broken life began to pour out for redemption. It was a moment that we are told in the Word of God of rejoicing in Heaven. This is where praise begins for a Christian. Like the women who came and anointed the feet of Jesus with her tears and poured out her valuable oil upon the one who did so much for her, and Jesus said that those who are forgiven much love much. That is why I find myself always seeking to exalt and worship Him who has forgiven me so much.
Some time we Just need praise the Lord , as Psalm 107 say,"OH THAT MEN WOULD PRAISE THE LORD", That word praise means to thow out your hand to the Lord, In other word to just pour it out to him. This vidio is a pouring out ouf praise to the one who is worthy of all praise.

I was talking to a brother in the Lord this morning that is from this net and we were talking about music styles and how he stopped listening to a certain music style that he loved after he was saved. I believe music styles are not wrong, it is the messages that are attached to the style of music that is wrong when it is ungodly, perverse, violent, suductive, etc. I love all kinds of music but I only listen for the most part to music with upright, positive, encouraging, beautiful, worshipful, praise, joyful lyrics.
Gods word says;Php 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honorable, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

I love the Gaither homecoming videos not because the music style is my favorite, but I love the word of the songs and I love seeing how these dear brothers and sisters love God through that particular style of music.

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service