All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

Hell is eternal separation from God (2 Thessalonians 1:9) where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth (Mathew 8:12) and everlasting disgrace (Daniel 12:2) in a eternal fire prepared for the devil and his demons (Matthew 25:41).

But how does a person end up in Hell? Best said as how you take ownership of the phrase “Thy will be done”. If we approach life with an open heart for God and with the sincere commitment to His will, then we are on the path to Heaven. If however our pride and desire for ourselves in this world takes center stage in our lives, then God has said to us “Thy will be done” and we are on a path to destruction in Hell. Those that bet their lives on the things of this world will find that all is taken away in Hell. You will have nothing – not even your name (Luke 16:25). Sin is the refusal at all costs to trust in God. Sin is trusting in the things of the world to a level of obsession. The fear of Hell does not make you good. (Luke 16:30-16:31). Not good for Gods sake since that is a works program that the Pharisees were on to the rebuke of Christ

Luke 18 - The Parable of the Pharisee and the Tax Collector
9 To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everybody else, Jesus told this parable: 10 "Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood up and prayed about[a] himself: 'God, I thank you that I am not like other men—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.'

13 "But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, 'God, have mercy on me, a sinner.'

14 "I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted."

How do we share the love of God with others? Jesus declared that we can go to Hell over His dead body. The love of God has a price that cannot be repaid. Our God took Hell for us so we would not have to go there.

Views: 51

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How do we share the love of God with others?

This is a great question....It is constantly on my heart...I have discovered from my personal experience that when I try to share the gospel before someone's heart is ready, it ends really badly. The person becomes offended, and accuses me of being condescending---YUCK!

I am learning to "Be Still", and listen to God. Slowly at a turtles pace my eyes are gradually being opened to the fact that it is the "Holy Spirit" who prepares hearts. Jesus draws people in, and God saves. It is an honor to approach HIS throne of grace even to pray, and to pray for our own hearts, and others to be softened!

My answer is --- listen to and trust God, completely. The Holy Spirit will then be able to use us as a tool. Stop the conversation when you feel The Holy Spirit has stopped! Follow God's lead! I believe we can do this by submitting ourselves completely and totally to Jesus! I also feel that sharing our personal testimonies for Christ plays an important role! Love them as Jesus loves them.....The rest is up to God! Praise God!

God Bless You! Your sister in Christ, Carla
We know that love is the greatest of all the commandments. Keeping focused on love that puts others first is another way of listening to the Holy Spirit and following the cue that is clearly given during our conversations with others. If we are in the "zone" of wanting to "complete our point", then we will likely blow by that indicator by the Holy Spirit and move into the zone of confusion and irritation for those that we are speaking to. I have so often found myself in that zone and thankfully God is an eternally patient Father providing continuing counsel. I discovered just what you articulated Carla. God bless your wisdom in this most important area of evangelism.
There are several concepts that are theological that I have read.

My two personal favorites are what I consider close to the truth.

The first is by C. S. Lewis in The Problem of Pain. Hell is a sort of finality. He does not doubt the idea of eternity, but he implies fixity rather than duration. He states that it is the end rather than the beginning of another story.

The other is by Christopher Marlow in Doctor Faustus. The idea here is spoken by Mephistopheles, the devil's advocate. Faustus asks him how he can leave hell to which Mephistopheles replies:
Think’st thou that I, who saw the face of God,
And tasted the eternal joys of heaven,
Am not tormented with ten thousand hells
In being deprived of everlasting bliss?
The idea here is separation from God regardless of location.

These are somewhat subjective interpretations, but I still think they stand somewhat.

As to your second question:

When speaking of hell, we must not be condescending. We can speak fact, but we must speak with God's love. Yes, those who do not believe in God and do not believe that Jesus is His Son will end up in hell if they stay the same. But we can warn them. We can talk to them. How can a loving God let His people suffer? He gives them what they chose on earth: an eternity with Him or an eternity of separation from Him. God judges rightfully.
For me, I believe Hell is Earth after you have died.

Obviously once we die the ideal would be to join God in Heaven, and after hearing all the accounts of people seeing spirits and those with 'unfinished business', Earth is where the souls are kind of stuck in a way before they see the Light and can move up to Heaven.

Which would then mean that it's never too late to go up to Heaven, even after you have died...

Not sure if this is going off-topic, but are my beliefs about Hell at all promoted or not by the Bible?
So does that mean we're not meant to believe in spirits coming back for 'unfinished business'?

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service