All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

I'm a Muslim, and I joined this group just to see how Christians think of God, I don't mean any harm or abuse, I just want to learn about you.
I looked around and I was surprised that we have lot's of common things, but we'll always argue about Jesus Christ, peace be upon him.

In our Quran, we think that Jesus didn't die yet but raised to heaven and all Muslims are waiting for his return when the anti-Christ appears, he'll fight him and win and then dies, my question is how do you agree that he dies and yet call him God, since God is immortal

Views: 407

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Ron,
I forget to say infidels are non believers of God, that's why Prophet Muhammed pbuh instructed his soldiers not to kill anyone in temples built to worship God in, churches or other places. Prophet Muhammed pbuh 's neighboor was jwish! and he treated him like a neighboor and never looked or judged him as jwish.

Non believers or infidels who fight us or intent to hurt us are the one we are required to fight and kill, not any muslim can decide this of course, only a muslim judge and when he has a proof. In Islam if we can make some non believers as friends to stop their hate or their harm to other muslims, we are required to do that. It's not always the case to kill infidels. I hope that answered your question. Now, is it the same instructions in the bible?
Hi Thank you for the explanation.
But I have a problem. You say that Muhammed had a Jewish neighbour and never judged him as a Jew. Therefore they must have spoken to each other, shown each other respect, must have been friends. Yet Muhammed has clearly stated in the Quran That Muslims were not to make friends with a Jew or a Christian. (Surah 5:51) It sounds as if Muhammed himself was contradicting his own words. Or the information you have about Muhammed and his Jewish friend is incorrect. Which is it? Your friend - Ron
Thank you for your different definitions of Jihad
I think that what you said below would be considered a Jihad a Holy war
"
In islam, wars are to defend islamic lands mostly and when there is no other ways to spread the word of God. We, Muslims, believe that what we have is the word of God, and we want to spread that. In the past, we prophet Muhammed, asked emprores and kings to let him spread his message and leave people to decide for themselves, they didn't allow him and then he fought back.

You did not define an Infidel to me.
Hi again,
you can read the infedel defenision in islam, 4 min before you answer me :).
Also Don't forget defending yourself, your family and your money, serving your old parents who needs you and also piligrams to the holly land, Macca. They are also Jihad, there is so many other things but I don't recall
About Prophet Muhammed's neighbour, why would I give u a false story about him?!. Neigbours in islam have rights whether they are muslims or not. Prophet Muhammed had a Jewish neighboor and he respected him, whether he was a friend or not, I really don't know.

Regarding that Muslims can't make friends with non muslims is un true. You just can't read a part from Quran and say that is what stated there? like saying "you can't play" and then continue "in the backyard" there is a big diffrence of just saying the first part or when you say it as a whole sentence.
What you said is that "we can't make friends with jews or chritians" is true but please read it as a complete.

at sura 5:57 "O ye who believe! take not for friends and protectors those who take your religion for a mockery or sport,- whether among those who received the Scripture before you, or among those who reject Faith; but fear ye Allah, if ye have faith (indeed). "

Islam never teaches us to hate others! It teaches us not to make friends with those who hates us and mean harm to us! At days of Prophet Muhammed, some muslims tried to make friends with those who meant harm to Islam because they feared them and that's why it was forbidden. and most of sentences in Quran starts with "O ye who believe!" not "O muslims!" because as stated in Quran forgiveness is not only for muslims, so why we can't make friends!!!

5:69 "Those who believe (in the Qur'an), those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Sabians and the Christians,- any who believe in Allah and the Last Day, and work righteousness,- on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve. "

I hope that you changed your idea about us in this statment, or otherwise you've never believed me when I said I want to have friends among you.
Only a Friend, I wish to comment on your note to Phabs. I believe that repentance is what you say a turning away from the wrong doing. But I do not believe that by doing good deeds to erase the bad ones. A person can do right things for wrong reasons. When we are born again our hearts are changed, we are forgiven, our good deeds come out of a changed heart, a heart that is infused by the Holy Spirit of God. You also ask about prayer to Jesus. Jesus said that He and the Father are one. We pray to God the Father in the Name Jesus Christ(God the Son), through the Spirit(God The Holy Spirit). One God manifested in 3 persons.
A person can do right things for wrong reasons you are right and that's why we are judged for our hidden intensions too, I don't know about the Bible which I really want to know about. In islam, intensions, i don't know if I'm using the right world in English, do matters
also when you do wrong things for right reasons, we also are judged for that. We are judged for our intensions and how we do things; our behaviours
Deep penitence and real apology, not returning for the sin and do good deeds for is enough for God.

You said that the Christ died for our sins, who sins, people before Christ, after the christ, everybody since Adam and till the end of this life? how many sins. We are talking about billions and billions , maybe infinity, number of sins. If this is true, I guess God will make other sacrifies too. I'm sorry but I really don't get this. Then, I'll keep doing sins depending that Jesus pbuh made that sacrify, I'll keep doing sins! correct me if I get it wrong
Yes there is an enemy out there that encourages us to sin, even after we have accepted the crucifixion of Christ who died and paid for our sins in our place. The Christian knows this and tries to remain clear from sin. But any man woman or child will tell you that it is impossible not to sin continually throughout our lives. That is why saying "Sorry" is not good enough.
Be honest when did you sin last, since you repented. When did you tell a lie since saying you were sorry. So again, we see that repentance by saying sorry
is of no use. No matter how deep your repentance truly is. You continue sinning and eventually, the sin has still not been paid for.......
Therefore Jesus paid, not only for our past sins but also our present and our future, because he knows that we will continually sin. (No matter how sincere we all are).
God cannot tell those whom you have sinned against, that He has forgiven you because you were sorry. They would cry out "Yes! But he stole or he murdered or he told me lies and I committed suicide because of those lies. He raped my mother, and you are going to let him go because he said sorry?" God would not be a perfect Judge. Criminals would get off because they were sorry. We see then the need for the punishment of sins. Just like that Inncocent lamb that God allowed the jews to Sacrfice for their sins, Jesus Paid for our sins. Since Christ's sacrifice is now for the whole world the sacrifice of animals for sins has fallen away.
When the Judge went and paid the thiefs debts and fine, the judge was given a receipt as proof of payment. The thief had to accept that receipt from the Judge otherwise he would not be able to leave the courtroom. He would also need it to prove that the debt was fully paid to friends who said they did not believe that the Judge would do that. Yes we know that this receipt from the Judge was only for this one instance. But if Jesus paid the price of my sins in full forever, who can dare accuse me when in faith I have His receipt? If I simply say "Oh well, I am free for ever, now I can just go on sinning." I would be a fool and that is not repentance or accepting God's plan of Salvation.
Something else happens when a man becomes a Christian. God places in him the Holy Spirit, who will assist him in his fight against sin and continually remind him when he is about to sin. This is the receipt we have, it is also a promisory note to say that I will never be able to commit a sin that is greater than the price that Jesus paid. Both you and I are equally sorry and do deep repentance for the sin we commit. But do you have a receipt to show your accusers that the debt has been paid in full? Repentance alone is simply an action and carries no cerificate (receipt) of authority. God's rule is that someone must pay.
Your friend - Ron
John 3:16-17 we are told that out of Gods love for the whole world that He gave his only begotton son as a sacrifice to save the world. 300 prophecies were fulfilled in Jesus. The people looked for his coming and offered sacrifices to cover thier sin and to remind them that one day the supreme sacrifice would be made. It was thier faith that saved them. Just like us today we believe that Jesus death paid for our sins and when we turn to God and seek His forgiveness, we recieve Jesus into our lives and we are born again. The sacrifice of Jesus pays the price of our transgression and we are saved from the wrath of God. This happend to me over 30 years ago. You might ask what if I sin after I am born again. The word of God tells us that if we sin we have a representitive with the Father and it is Jesus The Christ and we agree that we have sinned and the blood of Jesus cleans us from all unrightiousness. That is why we call it the good news. Whoever shall call upon the Lord will be saved.
Hello,
You mean that since you agreed to accept Jesus as your salvation, you can committ sins!
No Christian CAN commit sins. But like ALL of us we still do fall into sin.
But Jesus has paid for every sin that is committed, yesterday, today and the future. PROVIDED we repent and accept the payment Jesus made for all these sins on the Cross. If we do not accept the payment Jesus made on our behalf, then we must pay for them ourselves. No matter how sorry we are or how good we will be therafter. IT will not help, because we will have rejected the only plan that God has made for our escape from death and hell.
Also quite frankly we are bankrupt and there is no way we can pay for those sins ourselves. What do we have that we can offer God that is greater than the offer Jesus made on our behalf?
Dear Only a friend - Surah 5:57 is basicly saying the same thing as 5:51.

Surah 5:51 says:
Take not Jews and Christians for friends.

Surah 5:57
1) Choose not for friends such of those who have received the scriptures before
you.
(Who other than Jews and Christians would these people be?)

Surah 5:69
Speaks of those who believe, those who are Jews and Christians or whosoever believes in Allah. There shall no fear come upon them.
1) Those who believe. It does not say what they are supposed to believe?
2) Jews and Christians do not believe in the Quran or Allah.. You may say that Allah and God are one and the same. But how is it possible if Allah and God are one and the same God, that God should have such a big difference in beliefs as found in the Quran and the Bible. Does God not know His own mind. Did God 700 years later decide that He had made mistakes in the Bible and then changed His mind and decided to write the Quran instead?
From your friend who would like to get to the bottom of this and also learn - Ron

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service