All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

I'm a Muslim, and I joined this group just to see how Christians think of God, I don't mean any harm or abuse, I just want to learn about you.
I looked around and I was surprised that we have lot's of common things, but we'll always argue about Jesus Christ, peace be upon him.

In our Quran, we think that Jesus didn't die yet but raised to heaven and all Muslims are waiting for his return when the anti-Christ appears, he'll fight him and win and then dies, my question is how do you agree that he dies and yet call him God, since God is immortal

Views: 407

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Hi! Thanks for writing. We believe that death is separation of the soul and spirit from the body. It isn't end of existence. Death does not mean that Jesus (pbuh), or God, ceased to exist, it just means that His soul and spirit were separate from His body.

I recently read some articles that may help you understand how our views of Jesus (pbuh) differ: http://www.gotquestions.org/Muslim-questions.html. At the bottom of that page, you will see a story study on Jesus for Muslims.
Hi Only...

I've heard different theories on what happened at Calvary. But what we do know is that Christ is God and though God is immortal, Christ was also a man and so He:

....made himself nothing,
taking the very nature of a servant,
being made in human likeness.
8And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself
and became obedient to death—
even death on a cross!

Phillipians 2

I agree with Julia that noway did He cease to exist. 1 Pet 3 says this
18For Christ also died for sins once for all, the just for the unjust, so that He might bring us to God, having been put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit;

19in which also He went and made proclamation to the spirits now in prison,

I think it's fair to say that though He was dead Christ continued His ministry
I'm glad you're here may God bless you abundantly
Hello Only a Friend,

What I read in the Bible has created this understanding; God's chosen method of forgiveness of trespass and sin was through blood sacrifice. His chosen people became so immersed in sin that no amount of sacrifice could ever cleanse their guilt. Instead of permenantly turning his back on them (which he couldn't do because of his pact with Abraham), he sent a worthy sacrifice, his only son, without blemish and pure to give himself freely and be offered as sacrifice to cleanse the sins of the world. God had once asked Abraham to sacrifice his own son to Him, and Abraham obeyed but God stayed his hand when he proved he would follow Gods commandment. God asked no less of himself when he sent his only Son to the same fate.
As a pure being, Jesus had the wisdom and understanding of the kingdom of his Father and shared it with us so we could begin anew when his sacrifice was fulfilled. The testimony Jesus brought strengthened the understanding of the laws in the OT, but did away with the need for blood sacrifice. He did die. For us, so our sins could be forgiven.
When he rose, his closest friends didn't recognize him. He proved he was the Christ by showing them the marks on his hands and feet. Later he did ascend into heaven in his reborn form.
Is the only difference between the Bible and the Qu'ran that Jesus wasn't crucified in the Qu'ran?
As far as calling Jesus "God", Jesus himself always gave praise to his heavenly Father. We are saved through the blood of Jesus and he is our advocate before the throne of God and if you don't know Jesus he won't support you in your bid to enter the hereafter, but the power will remain with the Father. Praise be to God! Hallelujah!
Dear friend.
The question you put forward is reasonable and needs to be asked. BUT to give a concise answer here is impossible. Below is my email address. There I will gladly answer questions in detail and in return ask questions of my own.
If there are any other members who wish to receive these questions and answers, please send
your email address to my email address.
To "only a friend" I thank you for your spirit of gentleness and inquiry. I am certain that God will bless us both. I believe God is always prepared to meet us in full, when we ask questions regarding eternity and our salvation.
Your Friend - Ron Payne. Email Address: ronpayne@telkomsa.net
Thanks for everybody who answered my questions. I guess I got a clear image of what the Bible says about Jesus peace be upon him. Erin asked how the Quran talks about Jesus pbuh.
Quran talked about that he was born for Virgin Mary pbuh, without a father, but God or Allah as we call Him, put in him from His spirit.
Jesus is the only person who talked while he was still a baby to emphasis that he is a miracle. In Quran, Jesus is the only prophet with the ability to bring life back to people, but of course by God's will. He helped prophet Muhammad pbuh, to make prayers as it's, only 5 times a day. Muslims are waiting for Jesus return as I said before to fight the anti-Christ.
We can't talk about him without saying "peace be upon him", which means that every time we talk about him we pray to God to give him peace.
There is a lot in the Quran about Jesus pbuh.
May God bless us all who believe in Him
Kamran will in this testimony will answer your question.
For me, he has the right do what suites him. But do I believe in this? no...
From his accent, I can know that he's not Arabic, maybe pakistani or indian, the problem here is even when they read Quran they don't understand it because they just know how to pronounce words!... I always think of Jesus Christ as an honered prophet and messanger of God, I just can't think of him as a son of God
Birth and death are human’s characteristics not God; He has no similarities with human at all! This is what I believe in

I have another question. What is the holly spirit for you?
My friend, I do not understand why you say that Jesus is an honored prophet and not believe what He claimed. He said he was the way the truth and the life no man could come to God but through Him. Jesus said that He and the Father were one. Jesus was virgin born from Mary who was concieved by the Holy Spirit. Our blood comes from our fathers and our bodies come from our mothers, So Jesus was The God Man. Jesus Spirit and soul did not die, but his body did. He was raised the third day providing one way for salvation, not a religion, but a relationship, a trust that Jesus died for my sin. You need to look into your heart and you will see that what you are embracing does not bring freedom to you. You know that no matter how much you try to do to please God that you feel it is never enough. I follow Jesus because I have been spiritually reborn not to get God favior, In Jesus I am excepted and can draw near to God my Father whom have gron to love more and more.
Bob, I never said God needs any favors from humans or other creatures. We are the ones who need Him
This is the first time that I hear: "Jesus, peace be upon him, died from people's sins" What does that mean?... I know that God is absolute fair, but wouldn't letting someone dies specially his son because someone else’s sin, punished?? not even for a single moment! This is strange to me
It's not that I don't believe Jesus Christ pbuh but I have my doubts on the translations, are the scripts are the same?

Can someone tell me the whole Jesus Christ story or lead me to a web page that does? Thanks to all
True Christians are followers of Isa/Jesus. Since the Qur’an commended Isa, faithful Muslims should study Isa’s teachings and obey them (Surah 3:48-49; 5:46). What does the Qur’an say about Isa?

Allah sent Isa, supporting Him with the Holy Spirit (Surah 2:87)
Allah exalted Isa (Surah 2:253)
Isa was righteous and sinless (Surah 3:46; 6:85; 19:19)
Isa was raised from the dead (Surah 19:33-34)
Allah commanded Isa to establish a religion (Surah 42:13)
Isa ascended into heaven (Surah 4:157-158)
The Bible is Jesus’ Word
Isa’s teachings were recorded by His disciples in the Injeel (Gospel). Surah 5:111 states that the disciples were inspired by Allah to believe in Isa and His message. As Allah’s helpers (Surah 61:6, 14), Isa’s disciples would have accurately recorded His teaching.

The Qur’an instructs Muslims to uphold and obey both the Torah and the Gospels (Surah 5:44-48). Muhammad would not have given that instruction if the Gospels had been corrupted. Therefore, the copies of the Gospels in Muhammad’s time were trustworthy and accurate. There are copies of the Gospels that precede Muhammad’s time by 450 years. When comparing the most ancient copies, the copies from Muhammad’s time, and the copies dated after Muhammad’s time, all the copies of the Gospels are consistent in their testimony of Jesus and His teaching. No evidence can prove that the Gospels have been corrupted. Therefore, all of Jesus’ teachings are preserved accurately in the Bible.

Jesus’ life, death, and resurrection
Knowing the Gospels are true, what do they teach about Jesus? The Gospels record that Jesus foretold His life’s work: He said He would be crucified, killed, and raised from the dead (Matthew 20:19). The Gospels record this happening exactly as Jesus predicted (Matthew 27-28; Mark 15-16; Luke 23-24; John 19-21).

Why would the sinless Jesus allow Himself to be executed? He said that there is no greater love than to sacrifice your life for your friends (John 15:13). Why would God allow His prophet to be mistreated and killed? John 3:16 says that He loved us enough to send Jesus to be a sacrifice for us.

Jesus sacrificed for our sin
Why do we need Jesus to sacrifice His life for us? This is the key difference between Islam and Christianity. Islam teaches that Allah judges us based on whether our good deeds outweigh our bad deeds. Even if it were possible to outweigh bad deeds with good deeds, God is so holy that He will not allow anyone into heaven who has committed even a single sin (James 2:10). The holy God cannot allow anything short of perfection into heaven. We all belong apart from Him in hell.

God knew that we had all sinned and therefore could not enter heaven. God knew that the only way we could be forgiven was for our sin debt to be paid by a perfect One dying in our place. God knew that He alone could pay such an infinite price.

God’s plan to save us
Therefore, God sent His Son to be born of a virgin. Jesus is God’s Son – not that God had parental relations with Mary but in the sense of His relationship with God and deity (John 1:1, 14). Jesus Christ proved He was God’s Son by His sinless life, perfect message, death for sin, and resurrection from the dead.

What does Jesus Christ’s life and death mean for you? God offers salvation from sin to those who trust Jesus as their Savior from sin and Lord of life. Jesus declared, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father [God] except through me” (John 14:6).

Clearly, Jesus taught that He is the only way to God. Only by Jesus can we reach paradise. God will forgive our sins, help us live for Him, and give us eternal life. How can we reject such a precious gift? How can we turn our backs on God who loved us enough to sacrifice Himself for us?

(from www.GotQuestions.org)
Your right It is hard to understand how God the Father could give his son as a sacrifice for the sins of mankind. I have 2 sons. The Bible says that God loved the world so much that he gave His only son that whosoever believes in Him would not perish, but have everlasting life. For God did not send His son into the world to condemn the world. but that the world would be saved through Him. John 3:16-17. This love that God showed to a sinful world who deserve nothing but judgement.
Thank you Julia and Erin for your sincere reply,

but Julia I have to say that your resources about islam is definitely mistaken
Your resources says that in Quran: “Isa was raised from the dead (Surah 19:33-34)” :
at this surah 19:33-34 which is called Maryam’s Surah it was talking about something else, but I will start at 30
30: He said: "I am indeed a servant of Allah. He hath given me revelation and made me a prophet;
31: And He hath made me blessed wheresoever I be, and hath enjoined on me Prayer and Charity as long as I live;
32: "(He) hath made me kind to my mother, and not overbearing or miserable;
33: "So peace is on me the day I was born, the day that I die, and the day that I shall be raised up to life (again)"!
34: Such (was) Jesus the son of Mary: (it is) a statement of truth, about which they (vainly) dispute
35: It is not befitting to (the majesty of) Allah that He should have a son. Glory be to Him! when He determines a matter, He only says to it, "Be", and it is.
36: Verily Allah is my Lord and your Lord: Him therefore serve ye: this is a Way that is straight.

I can say that you can see at Quran at Surah [5:81]: “Strongest among men in enmity to the believers wilt thou find the Jews and Pagans; and nearest among them in love to the believers wilt thou find those who say, "We are Christians": because amongst these are men devoted to learning and men who have renounced the world, and they are not arrogant” ….That’s one of the reasons that encouraged me to talk to Christians to see why God call you not arrogant and seek the truth

You said that Islam teachers “God is so holy that He will not allow anyone into heaven who has committed even a single sin (James 2:10). The holy God cannot allow anything short of perfection into heaven. We all belong apart from Him in hell.” If this is true why would be bothered trying? God created us and he know the we’ll commit sins but he give us the chance to repent and ask for forgiveness then God forgives us if we are sincere

You say that God say the only way for us to be forgiven is by a perfect one dying in our place! What does that mean? That God has no other solutions? How is this possible? I mean He is God, I don’t know about this but I’m not convinced
But again thank you and also I thanks Erin for her story which I really like and find it quite similar to ours except in some points

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service