All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

Christ did not save us for us but so that we can be used to lead others to Christ. Being that none of us have experinence all things he needs all of us to reach all people(those who live the life we have lived). If anyone reading this does not know christ as his/her lord and savior pray this prayer: Jesus I accept you as my lord and savior and ask for forgiveness of my sins. I completely turn my life over to you and promise to do your will from this day forth. Join a bible teaching church and i look foward to meeting you in heaven

Views: 313

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I believe christ did save us for us as well as so we can help to lead others towards him also.
God bless
Christine :)
Dear Raj,

It is so true that we all fall short.. We all have a heart to serve the Lord, but yet, we often don't do what we so desperately want to do. I know I feel that Spiritual Battle inwardly. But God understands our shortcomings. When we come to Him with a repentent heart He forgives us and offers us His Grace. He is continually maturing us and growing us up. He loves us just as we are, and He knows we are weak and broken. HE is not surprised that we fail in all of these areas. Raj, He will not let us go. This verse brings me to my knees in Thankfulness and Praise:

2Cr 12:9 And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me.

There is a story of Peter ...you know the one...where he denied Jesus 3 times. That's a huge mess-up...(John 18:15-18, 25-27).. THEN.. in John 21 (after Jesus has resurrected and not yet ascended into heaven) Jesus appears to Hsi Disciples. He has a Grace encounter with Peter. Here is the scripture:

Jhn 21:15 So when they had finished breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, "Simon, son of John, do you [fn] love Me more than these?" He said to Him, "Yes, Lord; You know that I [fn] love You." He said to him, "Tend My lambs."

Jhn 21:16 He said to him again a second time, "Simon, son of John, do you [fn] love Me?" He said to Him, "Yes, Lord; You know that I [fn] love You." He said to him, "Shepherd My sheep."

Jhn 21:17 He said to him the third time, "Simon, son of John, do you [fn] love Me?" Peter was grieved because He said to him the third time, "Do you [fn] love Me?" And he said to Him, "Lord, You know all things; You know that I [fn] love You." Jesus said to him, "Tend My sheep.

Jhn 21:18 "Truly, truly, I say to you, when you were younger, you used to gird yourself and walk wherever you wished; but when you grow old, you will stretch out your hands and someone else will gird you, and bring you where you do not wish to go."

Jhn 21:19 Now this He said, signifying by what kind of death he would glorify God. And when He had spoken this, He said to him, "Follow Me!"

Our English language misses out on the nuances of some of the translations of certain words. The words 'Love' and 'Knowing'. Here's a breakdown:
Love
Agape-Highest Love. It is a self-sacrificial Love.
Phileo-Friendship Love
Knowing
Oida-Knowing the facts
Ginosko-Knowing by personal Experience

Jesus asks Peter 3 times if he Loves Him. This breaks Peter down to the core..because Jesus is progressively and methodically getting to the heart of the issue as to why Peter denied Him by asking Him 'Do you love me'? 3 times.

1-Do you Love (agape) me? "Yes you know I (oida) Love (phileo) you"
2-Do you Love (agape) me? "Yes you know I (oida) Love (phileo) you"
3-Do you Love (Phileo) me? This one hurts Peter.. Jesus is asking ..Do you love me as a friend also.. Peter replies "You know (oida) everything. You know (Ginosko) I Love (Phileo) you.

Jesus understands that our faith and resting in Him is a maturity process. Jesus leads each one of us to this place. Our walk with Him is individual. At times of failure we must go to the place of 'Who am I in Christ'?.. How does God see us. He sees us in our weakness and Loves us...and tells us 'My Grace is sufficient for you...."

Jesus calls Peter back to a deeper Ministry with Him when He says 3 times "Feed my Sheep".. It's like Jesus is saying.. You messed up.. I know that! But, I will restore you. I know your heart, and I know you want to serve Me.. and You will ... Verse 18 is this: Jhn 21:18 "Truly, truly, I say to you, when you were younger, you used to gird yourself and walk wherever you wished; but when you grow old, you will stretch out your hands and someone else will gird you, and bring you where you do not wish to go." Jesus is telling Peter how his death would ultimately Glorify God (vs 19). by this we know that even thought Peter denied Jesus 3 times.. Jesus restored him to the Ministty which was given Him.. all for God's Glory. Then Peter has the nerve to turn around and pointed to John.. and asked 'What about him".. Jesus tells Peter to mind his own business and not be concerned with the walks of others.. Jesus says "If I want him to remain until I come, what is that to you? You follow Me" If love the account of this, because it shows the authenticity of scripture. The humanness of the disciples..and their shortcomings, and God's Grace in the midst of all of it.

The maturing process is something each one of us is going through, and when we fail, God will restore us. God will not let you go.

Love in Christ, Carla
Hi Rod,
Sometimes it is difficult to put your finger on exactly who, where and how we touch people's lives.
I agree with Raj that none of us do enough and all fall short of our mission on behalf of our King.

It can be difficult and it can also be embarrasing in certain situations.
When I first accepted the truth of our Lord and Saviour 5 years ago, it was the most difficult time ever in my work.
I didn't dare say anything to anyone just in case they thought I was strange and they didn't want anything to do with me anymore.

Over time I have spoken of the truth I now know to these people and it has been wonderful to get it out there so that I don't have to tip toe around my collegues anymore.
I don't know if any of what I have said at work has sunk with anyone.
I have had long talks with my business partner about my faith.but he is reluctant to accept the truth.

I have the greatest admiration for people who can just blurt out in a crowd of new acqaintacies all abot their beliefs.
I'm not there yet, but I'm trying harder.
Praise God, make me more faithful to you and let me be your voice.
Blessings
Rod
Yes, Rod A it can be difficult (speaking into situations) because one can suffer persecution for speaking the truth - what makes us think that we are going to be any different to Jesus! The enemy does not like it when we speak the truth of the word and he will do everything to tear down our witness in HIM! I am learning that - the hard way!

Nonetheless we keep on keeping on until the Lord takes us!

way to go Linda

most in north america don't like this message, and most of the time we allow fear to come in, this is why we see over and over in the word DO NOT fear, i can't say, i have been persecuted yet, i have witnessed to many different cults, atheist, evolutionist,  muslims, etc. some have threatened to do me harm, well (kill me) in Albania they planed to do it, for real, but they couldn't carry out there plans, you see God is in control, and we are here until God says it's time to go home, so why don't we just stop fearing, pray for boldness, and watch God work through us, i did face a fellow with a gun and a knife put right in my stomach, the Holy Spirit gave me  peace that surpasses all understanding, i knew if i died i was in heaven, i stood and shared the gospel with this fellow, for the next ten minuets, until the police came and took him away, for any one who reads this, realize the work is the Lords, not ours, we are just the vessels, therefore God gets all the glory, and he says he'll take care of us, ( ? ) isn't He able, just read foxes book of christian martyrs, and see how they went to be with the Lord, one example, singing praise songs while being burned at the stake, now that's supernatural, nothing and no one can remove us from the hand of God, we are not taking anything of this world to heaven with us except those we  reach for JESUS doesn't matter if we sew, or reap, Because God causes the growth, in the parable of the talents, the true ruler is Jesus, and he would like a return on his investment, ( that is you and i ) how many we will reach ? we don't know, that's up to God, all we are responsible for is speaking when we are given the opportunity, as Charles Stanley says, obey God and leave the consequences to him, don't burry your talent in the ground, or don't hide your light under a bushel, be blessed for all eternity.

your brother

roy ruser

it is the duty of every believer to win souls for Christ. Believers must tell others about their new faith and God powers us to do this work when you read about the great commission in Matt 28:18
Rod,

The priority of the church is to bring God glory.

The priority of every member is to bring God glory.

When we gather together as the church our priority is to praise God with all we do and to bring Him glory corporately.

Second on the List is to make disciples, to disciple the people.

It is not good to have zeal without knowledge, nor to be hasty and miss the way. Proverbs 19:2

Thirdly is to reach out to a lost world.

God did not save any of us, so we can be the best soul winner or the best teacher, preacher, evangelist etc...

He saved us to enjoy a relationship with Him, for us to KNOW HIM. To find our joy, peace in Him.

As an automatic response that springs from such a beautiful relationship with God, we automatically do the work of the Church, to bring Glory to the King by first and foremost loving God's people.

Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers. Galatians 6:10

And then as we share love among each other they will know we are Christians by the love we.

We must reach out to the community, but the compassion and the effectiveness of our efforts comes directly from our relationship with our Lord.

You have a wonderful zeal for souls, so your relationship with our Lord must be a beautiful one beloved. Winning souls is the responsibility of every member. You have given us a great reminder.

Blessings bro

Hello Rai,you said He loves us just as we are,? God shows us are shortcoming for a reason, to tell us this is sin I want you to turn away from it.

God hates sin, he wants you to hate yours, ask him

The Bible is often referred to as the “mirror of the soul.” I suppose that it is called such because of what James said in his epistle, when writing to the twelve tribes scattered abroad. There he said, “But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror; for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was. But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does” (James 1:22-25).

Just as one looks in a mirror to see themselves physically, to make any needed changes in their appearance, so one must look in the mirror of the soul to see themselves as God truly beholds them. What do you see when you look at your soul? Are there changes that need to be made? Do you like what you see? More importantly, does God like what is revealed there? Are you willing to make the necessary changes in your spiritual appearance if it is blemished?

This mirror reveals our origin (Genesis 2:7), speaks of our life on this globe (Ecclesiastes 3:1-8), and tell us about eternity (Matthew 25:46). Because of sin, man’s soul can become disfigured and flawed. It is through the Bible we can learn of these faults and failure, but also grasp the needed information to make necessary corrections to once again be pure and holy in the sight of the Lord.

As you look at your soul in this revealing instrument, what do you see? Do you see a person who has never done what the Scriptures teach to be remitted of sin? Have you believed that Jesus is the Christ (John 8:24), repented of your sins (Luke 13:3), confessed Christ’s name, and been immersed in water for the remission of sins (Acts 2:38; 8:36)? Once arising a new creature in Christ Jesus, having been saved by the grace of God, are you now walking in newness of life (Romans 6:4-6)? Are you allowing the Spirit of God to lead you in the path of righteousness through the word that has been revealed (Galatians 5:18; Ephesians 6:17)? Or do you see a soul once again marred by the sins of the flesh, because we have allowed Satan to gain victory through yielding to temptations (Galatians 5:19-21)?

Not only can it reveal our shortcomings and weaknesses, but it can also disclose our good traits and qualities as well. When men were to be selected to take care of the widows who were being neglected in Acts 6, the qualifications given were a “good reputation, full of the Holy Spirit and wisdom” (Acts 6:3). Seven men were chosen who obviously met those requirements (Acts 6:5). It was said of Dorcas, “This woman was full of good works and charitable deeds” (Acts 9:36). What a testimony to the life of this wonderful lady who had died while serving the Lord. In Hebrews 11, that entire chapter tells us of men and women who had lived lives in faith and would now receive their eternal reward, a city prepared for them (Hebrews 11:16).

Pick up the mirror of the soul and look in it. What do you see? Do you see a faithful Christian who attends all the worship services? One who is the salt of the earth and light to a world that is overwhelmed in sin and ignorance? Or do you see someone who needs to change; one that needs to have their priorities in the right place and have the joy of their salvation restored unto them? A person who needs a heart that once again burns with zeal and determination in serving the God of heaven? Don’t get angry with the mirror or with the one who reveals the reflection seen therein. Do what James says, “be doers of the word” (James 1:22).

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service