All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

I heard that Christians can have demon, if they allow it to happen. What are your views on this and why?

Views: 1170

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jody,
I am praying that you will find the peace that you so earnestly seek, for both you and your child. Matt 14:28-33 are the verses where Peter walked on water with Jesus until he took his eyes off Jesus and started to sink into the sea. He started to concentrate on the wind instead of keeping his eyes on Christ. When I have issues similar to you, I call out to Jesus and start focusing on Him and when I do that, whatever Satan or demons are trying to do, they have to stop. I would ask you to do this. I would also ask you to keep your Bible close to you at all times reading and studying God's Holy Word. None of us in here can truthfully know exactly what you are going through. All I can do is tell you what gives me peace. I invite you to try it, and see if the answer is in it.
I will continue praying for you that you will find the peace that you seek.
May the Lord richly bless you.
Your friend in Christ,
Rita
Jody,

Please forgive me for asking,,,because I take what you say to heart. I
truly feel for you, however may I ask if there is any possibility of mental illness in you family genetics? ie; schizophrenia?
If not so, then please understand I ask this only from a familiar situation of someone else who has been hearing voices; who believed they had a enemy situation,that I recall.
I understand you are certain of your situation.
Have you considered removing yourselves from where you currently reside?

Either way Jody, may I pray for you and your family?
Matter of fact, can we all join together and pray for Jody in her situation?
I did not check for those references in the bible. But I know that I have a serious demon situation and can not find a living human being to help me.
Jody,

Hello my name is Janet and I believe you and have had many problems with demons in the past and even so now, in fact I have my Pastor coming over to pray in each room of my house because of the problems. if you want to talk let me know!

In Christ Jesus
Janet
Please contact me privately at Glad4JC@aol.com.
Jody,
demon are devils, or at least that's what i know.. but demon possession is really strange idea, although lot of people believes that this could happen! I thought that only muslims believes in this stuff but it seems like christians do too, but never heard or read any religious proof or evidence. How can a creature possesses another? we give demons a lots of credits more than they deserve, but i can't deny that they can deceive us.
and why demons possesses only the unbelievers? aren't they in hell, so why would they bother possessing them? The only reason demons or devils try to deceive us is to get us away from the truth and God! lets assume this could happen, then those people wouldn't have a chance to get back to God since they don't control themselves and then why would they get judged at all or God punish them?

Am I right? I always find this idea hard to believe even a lot of friends deny this on me.. and till i find an explanation i wont
Only a Friend,

AC 19:13 Some Jews who went around driving out evil spirits tried to invoke the name of the Lord Jesus over those who were demon-possessed. They would say, "In the name of Jesus, whom Paul preaches, I command you to come out." 14 Seven sons of Sceva, a Jewish chief priest, were doing this. 15 One day the evil spirit answered them, "Jesus I know, and I know about Paul, but who are you?" 16 Then the man who had the evil spirit jumped on them and overpowered them all. He gave them such a beating that they ran out of the house naked and bleeding.

MK 5:1 They went across the lake to the region of the Gerasenes. 2 When Jesus got out of the boat, a man with an evil spirit came from the tombs to meet him. 3 This man lived in the tombs, and no one could bind him any more, not even with a chain. 4 For he had often been chained hand and foot, but he tore the chains apart and broke the irons on his feet. No one was strong enough to subdue him. 5 Night and day among the tombs and in the hills he would cry out and cut himself with stones.

MK 5:6 When he saw Jesus from a distance, he ran and fell on his knees in front of him. 7 He shouted at the top of his voice, "What do you want with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? Swear to God that you won't torture me!" 8 For Jesus had said to him, "Come out of this man, you evil spirit!"

MK 5:9 Then Jesus asked him, "What is your name?"
"My name is Legion," he replied, "for we are many." 10 And he begged Jesus again and again not to send them out of the area.

MK 5:11 A large herd of pigs was feeding on the nearby hillside. 12 The demons begged Jesus, "Send us among the pigs; allow us to go into them." 13 He gave them permission, and the evil spirits came out and went into the pigs. The herd, about two thousand in number, rushed down the steep bank into the lake and were drowned.

Hope this helps.

Lord Bless,
LT
L T
thanks for that and can you guide me for more resources on the internet that explains all about demons and possessions in Christianity, reported incidents of possessions that happened nowadays , and if there is and scientific explanation

Thanks
Maha
Bad Dreams important things to do:
- Praise and worship God BEFORE YOU SLEEP
- Apply the blood of Jesus
The power of praise and worship does wonders.
Be
Yes it does! I listen to my audio bible before and while I am a sleep and I feel at peace, Praise God because before I did that I kept hearing a lot of strange things in my room that I know were demonic. God's word is powerful and besides letting the audio bible play throughout my room durning the night my Pastor is coming over next week to walk through each room and pray.

In Christ Jesus
Janet

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service