All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

I'm just wondering if anyone has gotten to the point where giving up would seem to be the logical thing to do? It isn't depression...I'm just tired. One tradgedy after another since I was 14...I'm not bitter or angry. I almost feel like god is trying to punish me. I know that is not true, but I don't know any other way of explaining it. I know giving up is not the answer...

Views: 1159

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dear Annabelle,
Thank you so much for your words of encouragement, it helps so much. The fact that people as yourself are being so wonderful and kind warms my heart. I am sorry to hear of your troubles but thank God all is well. It's amazing the points that we are pushed to...but I believe part of the reason for that is so there is real fellowship among people. Again thank you so much for your encouragement.
Love in Christ
Debbie
Dear Childofgod,
Amen...I know god has a plan and a purpose for me. I say that because when I talk to him I say "I know you will never give me more than I can handle" My children were spared from the fire of my home. Other than my children, the two closest people to me passed away, and my dog was my emotional support (I usually wont ask for help) so I leaned on my dog. but she died in the fire. So I do believe if I can hang on and ride this storm out I am being made extremely strong, i've been pushed to my point but never beyone, I have to believe it is all leading for the good of God. God bless your heart and thank you so much for your kind words, I am in tears that there are really wonderful kind people in this world! God bless.

Love in Christ,
Debbie
Hi Debbie,

This beautiful devotional just came in my email today, and I immediately thought of you:

'Blessed In Christ'

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ." (Ephesians 1:3)

This little phrase, "in Christ," conveys a world of doctrinal truth with great blessing to the believer. Positionally speaking, God has actually "raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus" (Ephesians 2:6). God in effect sees us as "in Christ," and this wonderful position, at God's right hand, implies great honor.

It is well to note similar phrases throughout Scripture. Paul assures us that we were "chosen . . . in him before the foundation of the world" (1:4), "accepted in the beloved" (1:6), and "created in Christ Jesus unto good works" (2:10).

He is the one "in whom also we have obtained an inheritance" (1:11), and "in whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit" (2:22). We have the glorious future promise that God will "gather together in one all things in Christ" (1:10), "according to the working of his mighty power, Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places" (1:19-20).

Therefore, in our exalted position in Him, in the heavenly places, we do indeed enjoy "all spiritual blessings." This doctrinal truth provides us with the incentive and power to live a practical Christian life that is genuinely consistent with our high calling and position in Him.

This is the basis of the many New Testament exhortations to the believer to live daily "in Christ." For example, "As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him" (Colossians 2:6). Therefore, since "ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. . . . For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God" (Colossians 3:1-3). HMM

With Love, In Christ,
Carla
Dear Carla,

That is such a "POWERFUL" message! Thank you for that. I have been praying and searching like a women on a mission.LOL I just got a few more books, One is "The Greatest Words Ever Spoken...Everything Jesus said about you, your life, and everything else", it's full of so much wonderful information. I also printed out three pages (ironically titled "Know Who I Am In Christ")...and read them several times a day. My favorites: Galations 2:20 It is not I who live, but Christ lives in me. Deut. 28:13 I am the head and not the tail; I am above only and not beneath.(WOW) 1 Peter 2:9 I show forth the praises of God Who has called me out of darkness into His marvelous light.
I am praying that things will continue getting better, even if it is a little at a time. You will never know how much it means to me that you have taken the time to spend talking to me...you know I may not even be here if it werent for you. THANK YOU!!

Love In Christ,
Debbie
SmileyCentral.com

SmileyCentral.com
Hi Dennis... Welcome!

There is so much here in what you wrote. Such a heavy burden.....

Jesus is softly calling to you....

Mat 11:27-30
"My Father has given me authority over everything. No one really knows the Son except the Father, and no one really knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him. Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke fits perfectly, and the burden I give you is light."

Dennis, we all feel heavy at times....But God is bigger than any of that! He can and will handle all that we give to Him. We have to walk it out. God is really teaching me that.

Read His Word...study the bible, and make it a part of your life. God's Word is alive and it has the Power to transform Lives. Turn towards Jesus..keep your eyes always on Him. IF you are looking at your problems and how big they are, they will overpower you, and devour you. But when you turn and look at Jesus, you will see how Big HE is, and how powerful HE is......and HE will strengthen you, sanctify you, comfort you, replenish you and give you His peace.

You might be wondering 'How do I look at Jesus'?
Well.....Read your bible, pray and always stay in fellowship! Fellowship here on the internet is good, but it does not replace human relationship...face to face fellowship.

It is good that you are here...
Love in Christ, Carla
Hello Dennis,
My heart hurts for you. I know that feeling of "hating yourself" and it is a hate that is hard to conquer...but not impossible. (I give much Thanks to Carla, she has been a gift from God, and has really helped me immensly). I'm praying, reading, studying, etc...it does help. Some things are starting to fall into place for me and I know for a fact that this will happen for you too! I heard something on T.V. recently that said fellowship is "outreach" not "inreach"...the point was we can help people with problems (even if they are similiar to our own) because that's what we are suppose to do "reach out and help". Don't ever be afraid of asking for help!
Change is hard, when you haven't known any other way(I don't know what your circumstances are) For instances...negative thinking, if it's been a habit it seems impossible. But with God all things are possible! You are right God doesn't want you to feel small, useless, sad, and upset! He has great plans for you and a great life.
Luke18:9-14
To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everybody else, Jesus told this parable: "Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee stood up and prayed about himself: 'God I thank you that I am not like other men-robbers, evildoers, adulterers- or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get. But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, 'God, have mercy on me, a sinner.' I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted"
It sounds as though you have handed your situation over to God...that's what he wants. Pray,Pray,Pray, I will be praying for you also. You don't give up and I won't give up...ok?
(Carla's inspiration & compassion has made me do much homework) I have a paper here: Scriptures for a sound mind, I want to share a few things.
As you begin to claim your mind back from the enemy, he will not want to give up the place that he has had. You will have to do battle with his lies and confusion.
Your first step is to declare out loud that you will not allow any outside force to do your thinking-no man and no spirit. Your power is in the Name of Jesus, the Blood of Jesus, and the Word of God. Ask God to give you discernment of the lies of the devil.
THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT...Remember, regaining your mind is a process. We all fail at one time or another. God knows our weaknessess: that is why He gave us 1 John 1:9, Just ask for forgiveness and see the Blood of Jesus washing away your sin. Continue claiming what belongs to you (your mind and your thinking belong to you), and Jesus will help you overcome.
Phillippians 4:8
Begin to think on the Word or begin to sing a praise song to God. Make a conscious effort to fill your mind with good, pure, wholesome, and lovely thoughts.

God Bless You,

Debbie
Praise God Debbie....as we come to Him..weak and heavily laden, and cry out to Him....He gives our souls rest, and fills us with His peace and Love. We must receive His Love! His perfect Love really does cast out all fear.

He fills us with Compassion for others, while He is teaching us through our own personal Crises....then in addition to all that 'He works all things together for good for those who Love Him and are called according to His purpose. Then, He fills us with His Holy Spirit, calls us into 'Fellowship' or as you so beautifully stated 'Outreach', so that His Awesome Spirit can work something beautiful in someone else's life....All this for relationship, because of His great Love. Just so that He can be so intimately involved in each of our lives, so that others may know Him, and our faith has been increased because we have witnessed a miracle of transformation in someone else's life. Just imagine how the world would be if all people knew Jesus and accepted Him as their personal Lord and Savior.

I pray that each of us would have a continual deeper desire to know the Lord more, and crave His Holy Word as we need our next breath....That too comes from Him.

Praise God! He is good all the time.
Love in Christ, Carla
Carla,
My Dear Friend...I just read this reply and it is really hitting home today!!! You said he fills us with compassion while teaching through our own crisis. My neighbors 13 year old shot himself yesterday, my heart HURTS! I know what he was feeling...I turned to God, and honestly Carla you have kept me going, for that I am so grateful. What's done is done and I know nothing can be changed but I wish he had had enough hope to reach for help. I am extremely worried about his family, friends, and teachers. I posted a prayer request for them, right now I am in shock. I have no idea what else I can do other than pray. I have talked to some of the kids and they all know they are welcome here, my home is pretty much the safe haven of the town. When you say "Hs Awesome Spirit can work something beautifully in someone else's life", I sincerely hope He gives me the right words at the right time. I have a question?? I am not really myself right now, i'm kind of numb...but he was 13 he had a whole life time ahead of him, if I was willing to go be with the Lord why not take me? I don't understand.

Love In Christ,
Debbie
Dearest Debbie......Oh What a tremendous sorrow..... Our God is a God of many sorrows and such deep pain. Jesus died on the cross to carry all of it for us, so that we don't have to. There is so much we don't understand...and we are here now walking this out. satan is the god of this world.

The evil in this world is something we cannot even grasp. Do not try to understand it, you will only go around in circles.

God is bigger than all of this. I believe that God places us where He wants us. We are called to be the Salt and the Light.

Mat 5:13 "You are the salt of the earth. But what good is salt if it has lost its flavor? Can you make it useful again? It will be thrown out and trampled underfoot as worthless.
Mat 5:14 You are the light of the world--like a city on a mountain, glowing in the night for all to see.
Mat 5:15 Don't hide your light under a basket! Instead, put it on a stand and let it shine for all.
Mat 5:16 In the same way, let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father.

1 Corinthians 13---read it ....but particularly this following one in your circumstance:
1Cr 13:7 Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.

How do we respond in Love and Faith when our heart is breaking, and it feels torn out of our flesh? WE CAN'T! BUT GOD CAN!

It is in these times that you have the opportunity to show Jesus at work in your life. What does it really mean to follow Christ? What does HE actually do in our lives? Debbie, Christ is calling you to put yourself aside, and allow the Holy Spirit to work through you. You will see the Glory of God! You will be amazed yourself at how you are strengthened to handle it. Compassion, Mercy, Complete acceptance. Let them know your heart is breaking. When you are allowing God to work through you, people notice. Let yourself become the servant that Christ calls each of us to be. (I am learning this, and need to live it more effectively).

God uses all circumstances for good, for those who Love Him and are called according to His Purpose.

No one said it would be easy.

We are living in a hurting world, with hurting people who are broken and giving up. That family needs someone to come into their home, and BE Salt, Light and Love. But when you do it....it's not you who's doing it, it is our Lord and Savior Christ Jesus. All you have to do is say 'Yes, Lord' I'll go, send me!

Debbie, it is how we respond in times of crises that will show we are Christians. Are we Loving?, are we tasty (interesting, compassionate and caring) to talk to? Are we beams of Light in the darkness?

Heavenly Father,

Oh Lord how Your heart must be breaking over this. Sometimes Lord it seems as if the pain will never end. Lord, I believe, that for those of us who are going through times which are so unexplainably difficult, that You are growing us up. I believe that You are teaching us how to be fully devoted to You. Lord, Let Your Mercy Fall on this family in their time of great sorrow. Comfort them Lord. Reveal yourself to them Lord. Heavenly Father, I pray that you will strengthen Debbie in this time of need. I pray that she will walk this out in obedience to You. Strengthen her to be the Salt and the Light. Lord, hear our prayer, listen to our plea, please don't turn away in this time of distress. Bend down to listen, and answer quickly when we call. We Praise in Jesus precious name, Amen.

Debbie, God did not cause this! God gives each of us a free will to choose the path we will take. The enemy has blinded many people here on earth--most as a matter of fact! Their eyes are blinded...(veiled).

read2 Cor. chapters 3 and 4.
2 Cor. 3:16 says "But whenever someone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away.
2 Cor. 4:3-5 says "If the good news we preach is hidden behind a veil, it is hidden only from people who are perishing. Satan, who is god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don't believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News. They don't understand this message about the Glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God. You seewe don't go around preaching about ourselves, We preach that Jesus Christ is Lord, and we ourselves are your servants for Jesus' sake.

..please continue to read both chapters, it is too long to post all here.

I will keep you in my prayers, and this family also.
Love in Christ, Carla
Dear Carla,
I have had a few emotional days here but , i'm now back to the last task at hand...I have been reading the scriptures you mentioned...I just got chills. 2 Cor. 4:8-10 We are pressed on every side by troubles but not crushed and broken. We are perplexed because we don't know why things happen as they do, but we don't give up and quit. We are hunted down, but God never abandons us. We get knocked down, but we get up again and keep going. These bodies of ours are constantly facing death just as Jesus did; so it is clear to all that it is only the living Christ within who keeps us safe.
I went on to read more chapters and have felt an intimate presence...that "quiet whisper"... 2 Cor.6 9-10 The world ignores us, but we are known to God; We live close to death, but here we are, still very much alive. We haven't been injured but kept from death. Our hearts ache, but at the same time we have the joy of the Lord. We are poor, but we give rich spiritual gifts to others. WOW! Praise, The Lord! also 2 Cor. 7:9-10 Now I am glad I sent it, not because it hurt you, but because the pain turned you to God. It was a good kind of sorrow you felt, the kind of sorrow God wants his people to have, so that I need not come to you in harshness. For God sometimes uses sorrow in our lives to help us turn away from sin and seek eternal life. We should never regret his sending it. But the sorrow of the man who is not a Christian is not the sorrow of a true repentance and does not prevent eternal death.

I am speechless...i'm going to continue reading Corinthians I feel there is something I need to learn from other parts...chapter 4 what exactly is "veil" referring to? Trust,pride,ignorance,etc. I know what it's saying...but is veil referring to something specific??
Again, I know i've said it before...bare with me!

Love In Christ,
Debbie
The thought that just went through my head: The Truth WILL Set You Free...
Hello my dear.....of coarse you have had some emotional days....who wouldn't! I am so proud of you for pressing on towards the goal. You have a heart for the Lord...and that is so beautiful. It is amazing that when we turn to God, and trust in Jesus, the verses in the bible become personal to us. God speaks to us by His Word...His Word is alive, and it truly has the Power to transform us.

The veil is referring to a Spiritual Blindness due to pride....etc.... 2 Cor 4:3-4 (I think I posted it here in this discussion somewhere).... :)...talks about how satan, the god of this world has blinded the minds of those who don't believe (paraphrased). See also 2 Cor 11:14,15. People have been blinded by the allure of the things of this world, and have unknowingly made satan their god. When someone is blinded, they truly cannot see....we cannot make them see, it is by the power of God that they may be able to see. This can only happen if they choose to turn to the Lord. 2 Cor 3:16,17.

We can only become like Christ with unveiled minds. 2 Cor 3:18.

Heavy Stuff sister....Like I said before...I am so proud of you.
Love in Christ, Carla

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service