All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

in I john 5:16 it refers to a sin that leads to death. what sin is he refering to?

Views: 445

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Everyone..

This is quite an old discussion.. But I was reading the other day and this came to mind. Is this an example of the 'Sin unto death'?

Act 5:1 There was also a man named Ananias who, with his wife, Sapphira, sold some property.

Act 5:2 He brought part of the money to the apostles, but he claimed it was the full amount. His wife had agreed to this deception.

Act 5:3 Then Peter said, "Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart? You lied to the Holy Spirit, and you kept some of the money for yourself.

Act 5:4 The property was yours to sell or not sell, as you wished. And after selling it, the money was yours to give away. How could you do a thing like this? You weren't lying to us but to God."

Act 5:5 As soon as Ananias heard these words, he fell to the floor and died. Everyone who heard about it was terrified.

Act 5:6 Then some young men wrapped him in a sheet and took him out and buried him.

Act 5:7 About three hours later his wife came in, not knowing what had happened.

Act 5:8 Peter asked her, "Was this the price you and your husband received for your land?" "Yes," she replied, "that was the price."

Act 5:9 And Peter said, "How could the two of you even think of doing a thing like this--conspiring together to test the Spirit of the Lord? Just outside that door are the young men who buried your husband, and they will carry you out, too."

Act 5:10 Instantly, she fell to the floor and died. When the young men came in and saw that she was dead, they carried her out and buried her beside her husband.

The indication in scripture that we have, is that they were believers. They sinned...and died due to their sin, but the indication is that they were Christ followers when they died. So the sin is 'unto death'....but not unbelief. What do you all think of this? This could be just one example of this.

Blessings, Carla
Carla

Prob is John was referring to a spiritual death, not a physical death.

Larry
Sin is refering to Death
Then why did John tell people who were living at that time to not pray for it?

Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is unbelief.
It is unbelief after becoming a Christian.
Hi Larry,

In 1 John 2 scriptures tells us that if anyone leaves the faith, they were not in the faith in the first place:

1 John 2:18-20
1Jo 2:18 Dear children, the last hour is here. You have heard that the Antichrist is coming, and already many such antichrists have appeared. From this we know that the end of the world has come.
1Jo 2:19 These people left our churches because they never really belonged with us; otherwise they would have stayed with us. When they left us, it proved that they do not belong with us.
1Jo 2:20 But you are not like that, for the Holy Spirit has come upon you, [fn] and all of you know the truth.

If we have the Holy Spirit, we have the Truth of Christ...a true revelation!

True Love for Jesus comes from the Holy Spirit.. we can only truly Love Jesus if we have His Holy Spirit!

God is the Judge!

We are told to examine ourselves to see if we are of the faith.. 1 John is the book to read to do that!

Blessings, Carla
Carla

Am going on vacation, so won't be able to debate this for a while. Suggest you check all the discussions LT and I had on this.

How do you read Heb 6:4-7?

Larry
Blaspheme is unrepentance of your sins. Hebrews talks a great deal about leaving the fiath, and there being nomore sacrifices for sins. Our spirit tells us that we are in right standing with God despite our sins. The spirit is what convicts us in our conscience and helps us to change for the better. If we do not listen to that voice and continue in and die in our sin while believing there is no reprocussions you are dead wrong. However If we choose to not listen to the spirit and obey its teaching we in other words are saying I am going to live as I wish and God will still accept me. Then being confronted by two or three witnesses we are tested and told that you presently are in sin and its not ok. Blaspheme is something that can only be done which is against God, if you are worried or concerned that you have done It I can garauntee you have'nt.

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service