All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

i have a sin addiction. and imashame to tell i request prayer for my addiction

Views: 139

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks so much for being honest about your situation. I agree with everything Ladi says.

Satan is telling you that you are trapped, but if you sincerely have received Jesus as your Savior and you sincerely want him to rule and control your life, then you are FREE, brother. It just doesn't FEEL like it, but you are! You are free to live for righteousness. Keep reading Romans chapter 6 over and over and meditate on it day and night.

You have a choice to make. Whereas before you only could choose to sin, now you can choose to live for Christ and choose righteousness. You don't have to sin. The power of sin is BROKEN in your life in Jesus' name.

Assuming you've given control of your life over to Jesus, now you have to start changing ingrained habit patterns. Bad habits are tough to overcome, but you are under no obligation now to follow your bad habits. Instead of going to your addiction to feel good, fulfilled, etc. take that need, desire, ache to God and ask Him to fill up that empty place. Start saying "NO" to the addiction and "YES" to God.

Please visit http://www.allaboutgod.com/life-challenges.htm for helpful resources on how to overcome addictive behaviors.

Praying for you, brother!
I remember when I was first saved I smoked, I felt it was wrong and a sin so every time I smoked I would ask for forgiveness. I felt like God was mad at me all the time. God is very merciful and kind and His love and kindness to me is what eventually brought me freedom. I got to the point where I wanted Him more than the smoking and He set me free. God is a very present help in time of need
wow ......TAKE THAT THOUGHT OF YOUR MIND its not an addiction ........its something which is called "hard to do the right thing" any waz let me make it really short .........k ill surely pray :) now heres something which i believe will help you ........sin let me go straight away to the root :) temptation :) so here"s da deal ......cant resist temptation!!!!! think its toooo strong .......k i agree it is why else whould satan use it ....feel am not gettin any wer ...........GOD IS FAITHFULL.....WHO WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO BE TEMPTED BEYOND WHAT YOU ARE ABLE, BUT WITH THE TEMPTATION WILL PROVIDE THE WA OF ESCAPE ALSO ......1CORINTHIANS 10:12_13 READ JAMES 1:12_15 4 PROPer UNDERSTANDING .... so its good to kw you wont be tempted more dan you can bare ....so will be in my prayers keep it cool ok ......love ..candy:)
Dear Father in Heaven,

We honor Your name and seek Your infinite love and assistance through the Holy Spirit. We ask according to Your will that the difficulties that afflict Hayward be removed from his life. That Your endless love wash over this troubled life and make the path clear. We seek this assistance through Your Son Jesus Christ, who died for all of our sins thereby allowing our justification. Amen.

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service