All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

I have questions about death. I am looking for Bible references that will help me make up my mind about what death is.

What happens when we die?
Are we asleep until Jesus returns?
Are we in a wating pattern until Jesus returns?
Will there be others waiting for us?
If there is something on the other side, how do we know it's really God and not manufactured by the enemy?

Any comments and or verses would be greatly appreciated.

Views: 165

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Questions like this only call for discussion but will not reveal much more than what is already revealed in the scriptures. The story of the rich man and lazarus that Jesus told in Lk 16:19-31 showed that there are two places( place of comfort and place of torments) dead people go to. On the cross, Jesus promised the repentant thief a life in paradise.
The book of revelations severally mentioned heaven and hell. It presents heaven as a good place and hell as a terible place.

I think the issue that should concern us the more is where we are going when we die. Choose heaven and be comforted when you die by accepting the Lord Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and serviour. Reject the Lordship of Jesus Christ and be ready to spend eternity in a place of torment.

JESUS CHRIST IS LORD.
Hi Brother Eric,

Our bodies return to the earth and our spirits return to GOD.
Ecclesiastes 12:7
Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto GOD who gave it.

What matters is that you gave your life to the LORD JESUS. Believed He is the son of GOD, that He died for our sins,and rose the third day. If You believe these things you will be on the side of the "great gulf" with Abraham & Lazarus. See Luke16:19 - 31. also Revelation 20:6
The ones who end up on the side with the rich man will suffer the second death. See Revelation 20:11 - 15. also Luke 12:4&5. They will be snuffed out in the lake of fire, separated from GOD for eternity, not to be remembered again. See Revelation 21:4.
.We live by faith that the Bible is true and our spirit is lifted by the words therein. The Bible says there are things "on the other side", We must trust GOD that his word is Truth. See 2 Corinthians 5:17 - 21.

I hope this helped.

A Brother in CHRIST
.Rick.

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service