All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

I'm sure most of you have heard of 'The Secret'. Although its principles are nothing new and are actually found in the Bible, do you think it is 'wrong' to practice manifestation exercises?

Views: 96

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jonathan, thank you for this information. I am glad that Ginbellen ask the question and you answered. I was also very confused and kind of ignoring alot of things for instance: the "universe energy" that the book talks about, I was justifying them thinking that people refer to God in different ways. Or I was wondering if it wasn't a sin, when you don't recognize that the universe and everything in it is the work of God, and that all the glory should be to him. Or for instance that you get what you want in life, only if you attract it with all your powerful mind, but then I ask myself how about, if what I want is not what I need. So for now I don't even ask God for anything in specific, but he knows better than me; what is that I need, and ask him just for that and no more. I am new in the word of God, and I pray that he gives me some of his wisdowm, some of his character to say No the things that are sinful, and to say yes to the ones that are for his glory.
It's not bad to take the good of anything and leave the bad... at least the book advise us to be positive and think always of all of the goodness instead of the worst! I think this will not harm specially if we are believers and we can just ignore their idea about God. Also i guess it's not bad to think of money but not to be obsessed of it. Am I wrong?
To my understanding the 'secret' took the secret from what our LORD gave us as christians.Mark11.24 -Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.They changed and added few words to appear as if it is a secret. To sum remember the power of positive thinking -And as a christians we are allocated our spiritual land space to attract all that we want -things that bring Glory to our Father in Heaven
I agree with Jonathan. I'm going to be forming a more in depth discussion on "The Truth Behind The Secret and The Secret on our group site, "Be Ye Transformed." I'm still reading and studying and then will open the discussion around the end of February. Anyone is welcome to join in!
I remember listening to the first five minutes of the CD and hearing the ask, believe, recieve message and thinking - isn't this what Jesus said? The 'Secret' uses a formula that is the same as a Kabbalah high magic principle. Employing these methods which are dmeonic/occult, can this be reconciled with Christ?

The Secret is dangerous and deceptive. I hate to admit that at one point I knew nothing to be wrong with it. Until I watched the video. At the end of the DVD, you will distinctly see that they say that their is no god to judge you. RRRRRRRRT! E-brake! They use an astrophysicst to say this, appealing to people's desires to be percieved as intellectual (yet spiritually bankrupt).

A lady who was like my mom was advocating it. She swore to its success and etc... She found the man of her dreams and he flew from Scotland to marry her. They bought a house and he got a great job. The house doubled in price and they sold it. All thanks to the Secret.

Then she got the flesh eating disease. Then she was mysteriously crippled and bound to a wheelchair for a few months. She had to quit her job as head of a psych dept. at a college. Chronic fatigue set in. Depression was 'in abundance'. She got stomach cancer. It came an inch from kiling her. I called her and because of her miseries she didn't want to speak to me anymore and said have a nice life. I knew her like my mom for 20 years.

In summary, the Secret is a neo-pagan kabbalahic anti-christ formula veiled behind smiley-faced subterfuge. It teaches the same Oprah mantra of becoming gods, just like satan did to Eve in the garden. If you are still interested in the Secret, please do extensive homework or I can give you material to read. It's scary stuff.
I am in complete agreement with you Heis -

Thank you for being bold and sharing the truth. God richly bless you my friend.

"The Secret" can be describe in one word for me as "Garbage." I watched it as I was sitting in a doctor's office and it really got me upset.

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service