All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

I have been praying for a particular thing for quite some time now, but my prayer hasn't been answered. It is nothing bad of course, and with the purest of intentions. However, because my prayer hasn't been answered, does it mean that I'm not praying for the right thing for me, or should I persevere and keep the faith? How will I know what to do?

Views: 74

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi ginbellen,
It is said that God answers every prayer, even if the answer is: "No, not just yet!"
Blessings
Ron
Hello ginbellen! God knows what we need,even before we ask Him.He knew us before we were born. And He "will" answer our prayers,in His time;not ours. He will either say YES,or NO to each prayer;because He knows what we really need and when we really need it. Its not a matter of why doesnt He answer my prayer(that is our frail human way of thinking);because He will answer.We must be patient and pray with confidance asking For His will to be done in each situation,and not our will(our free will is what can separate us from God when we aren't living right and/or being sincere. if we aren't following His ways,or not honestly "seeking His Will" that can stop a prayer from being answered faster than anything. Pray for His wisdom for what you desire,and pray often,and keep the faith(because w/out true Faith and Trust in Him we cannot recieve the good things/gifts that God wants us to have. Yes we should persevere,with all diligence(Believeing,and not grow tired) ((Sometimes prayers will be answered instantly,& others in time)).Hope this helps.I know, it works for me every time. -----;--;{(@
Hi Ma'am Ginbellen,

Good Day!

"How can I have my prayers answered by God?"

Answer: Many people view an “answered prayer” as God granting a prayer request that is offered to Him. If a prayer request is not granted, it is often understood as an unanswered prayer. However, this an incorrect understanding of prayer. God answers every prayer that is lifted to Him. What we have to remember is that sometimes God answers "no" or "wait." God only promises to grant our prayers when we ask according to His will. 1 John 5:14-15 tells us, “This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us - whatever we ask - we know that we have what we asked of Him.”

What does it mean to pray according to God’s will? Praying according to God’s will is praying for things that honor and glorify God and/or praying for things the Bible clearly reveals it is God’s will for us to have. If we pray for something that is not honoring to God or not God’s will for our lives, God will not give what we ask for. How can we know what God’s will is? God promises to give us wisdom when we ask for it. James 1:5 proclaims, “If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.” Familiarize yourself with what the Bible says about God’s will for your life. The better we understand God’s Word, the better we will know what to pray for. The better we know what to pray for, the more effective our prayer lives will be.

God Bless You!!!
ok so i agree totally with everyone. God does answer all prayer. however it may not be the answer you want. it may be no or wait. and the waits can take a long while. but what you have to remember is that God is not bound by time. I know this is hard to grasp, i still havent completly grasped that concept but hes not. He has forever when we have a lifetime. If that prayer is something of His will then it will happen sometime or another.

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service