All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

how do we continue to have faith in god

Views: 93

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

when you study the word of God, you won't question your faith because you will begin the live it.
Yes if you continuously stay in the Word of God, read it, eat it and live it,your relationship with God will grow from strenght to strenght. Faith in God starts with a relationship with Him and to have a relationship means you trust and whisper sweet words to each other, learning to get to know each other better and by that your faith in God will grow stronger each day and HE will make Himself known you !
I would like to add two other important points to growing in our faith to what has already been stated. 1) is solid Christian fellowship. 2) Be involved in an accountability group.

Lord Bless,
LT
Thanks Lt thats indeed 2 very important points to grow in your faith!!
Hi Amanda,

Your question "How can I make my faith grow?"
.. Faith is a gift.
It grows by our trials and trusting in the Lord. Ephesians 2:8–9 (NIV)
8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.
I have asked God to increase my faith, and the way HE answered that prayer was to allow an increase the challenges in my life so that i will trust in and rely on Him.

God tells us that we are rewarded when we diligently seek Him:
Hebrews 11:6 (NIV)
6 And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him (emphasis mine)

We are to count in pure Joy when our faith is tested:
James 1:2–4 (NIV)
2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. 4 Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

I don't believe we are to go around tellling God 'Thank you for this thorn in my side'.. but we are to Thank and Praise God that HE never leaves us or forsakes us when we are going through these difficulties. We always must know of our need for HIm. Joy is not the same as happiness. i think of happiness as something that is dependent upon my circumstances. I think of Joy as an inner peacefulness, a knowing that God is always with me. This goes along with the assurance that He will never leave me. I know that when I call on Him He hears me, and I know that HE is doing something. I don't know what He is doing, but i know that everything HE does is perfect. Earlier today i felt led to share this verse with you.. so here it is--it has something to do with faith, because we are to wait on the Lord.. but it was a different discussion that I was reading when the Lord put it on my heart to share with you. I wasn't obedient then....but I'm sharing it with you now.

Isa 40:28 Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, [that] the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? [there is] no searching of his understanding.

Isa 40:29 He giveth power to the faint; and to [them that have] no might he increaseth strength.

Isa 40:30 Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall:

Isa 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew [their] strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; [and] they shall walk, and not faint.

Love you Amanda.
In Him, Carla
Hi Amanda,

There will be much testing in this life. The more we pray and see God at work...we see Him answering our prayers and our faith is increased with each plea---or cry for help. We need to wait on the Lord though...He is never in a rush like we are, but His timing is perfect. Rest Assured God hears your prayers, and He is working on it.

Blessings, Carla

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service