All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

Hello all. My name is Chrissie. I'm 29 years old and I'm in need of some encouragement and prayer.

First, let me tell you a story.

When I was very young I was devout in my beliefs. I knew God existed and I never questioned it. I loved attending church and my Bible school lessons. I stood up for what I believed in. I even remember being punched in the stomach one time for sticking to my beliefs against a young man who told me that God was no different than Santa Claus, and just as fake. Though my stomach hurt, I knew I had done the right thing.
As I got older things started to change. Children at school started to pick on me because we didn't have a lot of money, and I was a bit eccentric. My mom found a boyfriend (my mom was single as I was growing up) and it seemed she found more pleasure in this new man than with me. I was pawned off on relatives regularly who never treated me quite as well as their own children. I fell into drug abuse, alcoholism, and the occult.

I've lied and cheated on a husband who has divorced me. A hole filled my heart.

More recently I've rededicated my life to God. I've been reading my Bible and have been teaching my nearly two year old son to pray. I talk to God daily. I feel that I have been tested, and while I failed that test, God has brought me back to him and I plan on staying.

I'm having a hard time dealing with my past sin. It's hard for me to believe I was that person. That I had turned from God for any amount of time. That I had used drugs, alcohol, and sex as solace for a grief that only God could fill. Instead of turning to him, I turned away from him.

I need some encouragement if you have it to give. Something to keep me going. I have very little people to talk to at this point in my life as we moved away from where I grew up a few years ago and I've had a hard time making new friends.

Thank you and God Bless,
Chrissie

Views: 110

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Lord I lift Chrissie up to you. May your Will be done in her life. I pray that she will hear your still small voice. I also pray that she will run to you in all curcumstances and lay everything at the foot of your cross. Thank you Lord for the reminder that we are to never give in to worry or fear, but pray about everything. Thank you Lord that your Great Love will see us through. We pray in Jesus' precious name. Amen

Thanks so much to everyone who has replied to me, and who has given me encouragement, you all have helped me hear God's voice and have shown me that God's grace is still present here.

Things are going good. I'm still having some bad days, but overall I'm moving forward, and that is a positive step. I know He is with me, and He is all I need.

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service