All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

I was wondering ladies...I know the man is the head and submission is not a problem for me ...I was wondering have you all ever had God tell you something and your spouse comes around years later and says opposite of what God told you...I do know that we all miss God voice sometimes but I won't say anything to my husband because I am holding to what I believe God for...so tell me has it ever happened??????

Views: 81

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Whenever God speaks to you,you have to take his word.As a true believer,i believe God guides us everyday.Not that i'm saying to ignore your husband,but you do need to find a balance.If your husband has said the complete opposite of what God has told you,why not approach the subject with an open attitude and say 'maybe this' or 'what do you think about'.Then maybe that way you could get your husband to see things in a different way.
I suppose how you handle it depends on what you are talking about and the situation. When my husband was not in God's will (a drinking alcoholic) I had to carefully measure what he said against what God's Word says or what I felt God was telling me. If I had to do/think differently than my husband, I had to carefully examine my motives and make sure I wasn't just being rebellious because I was angry with him. BUT I also was not going to become financially irresponsible or place my children in a neglectful situation because my husband told me to.

I think I used up all my tact during those years, in trying to deal with things without making them worse or destroying what was left of the husband I loved. I can't seem to find much tact to use these days! I highly recommend tact and positive communication when there is a conflict between what your husband (or other authority figure) says and what God's Word says.

I agree with moomins that opening up a dialogue will be essential to resolving the situation.
Ok thanks for the input but let me give more details.........First my husband is a true believer and there is no abuse or anything in that area my thing I am believing God for a miracle which a child my tubes are tied and have been like that for 19 years...but God told me he was going to bless us....my husband has no children and this things gives the enemy space for torment in his life well he never believed me when I shared what God says now the Lord has told him he is going to give him seed but not through me cuz of what I did..which is I have believed God from the beginning of the marriage cuz he told me what he was going to do ..my husband knew my tubes where tied but he says he didn't understand the whole process.............................so my thing is I still believe God and I believe he has showed it to my husband now and the enemy injected that last part...I believe what God has told me and I am standing on that!!!!
Let me see if I have this right...God let you know that you would be able to have a child despite having your tubes tied and without surgery to reverse it? And your husband believes he will have a child by someone else, but not by you because you have your tubes tied? Is that right?
I won't say someone else cuz it was said I couldn't produce....don't mean i can't bear it cuz there is otherways to get pregnant....but i had the same thought god don't give excuses for sin.....no matter what!!!!! That is why I believe God allowed him to know he is going to bless him but the enemy injected the part of it not being his wife...I only ask god for what he has ordained and that is marriage in unity ...a family ..just the basis...so I believe my miracle is coming and it will be with my husband
"but God told me he was going to bless us....my husband has no children and this things gives the enemy space for torment in his life well he never believed me when I shared what God says now the Lord has told him he is going to give him seed but not through me cuz of what I did.."

Could you be reading the signs wrong?
Their are many ways to have children, even if one or both partners can not concieve. Remain OPEN and pliable, GOD could be speaking to you guys not about adultry, but of adoption.
I would suggest keeping the lines of communication OPEN with your husband, as from how you discribe the situation, he may be feeling a bit remorsful about getting into the relationship now, knowing you can't have children. His love for you, and for God, should remain stronger than his desire to procreate.
So keep praying for God to show you, and guide you in what is his desire! We don't always fully understand what God is trying to say to us, so it is important to keep listening, and looking up. He will show us eventually.... When we are ready to see it.
Amen.....I have been trusting God and I never believed sin was part of the equations and I am open to whatever God says ..I know He gave me a promise and how ever He bring it past I will receive it....Thanks for the counsel.....

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service