All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

Hi, I'm just wondering...

You know how we believe that Jesus died for our sins, does this mean that he made it possible for God to forgive us if we have sinned and let us into Heaven? Had God been adamant beforehand that if you sinned you would never enter His Kingdom?

It's just something I'm a little confused about.

Views: 86

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Gal 3:22 tell us " But the scripture declares that the whole world is a prisoner of sin, so that what was promised, being given through faith in Jesus Christ, might be given to those who believe."
Man's need of salvation is as a result of sin, as a Holy God cannot touch sin. Isa 59:2a "But your iniquities have separated you from God."

The penalty for sin is divine judgement and death. "For the wages of sin is death." Rom 6:23a. This does not leave us without hope. "For God so loved the world that He gave His only son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life". Jn 3:16.

Yes, it means that Jesus made it possible for our sins to be forgiven and for us to receive eternal life. 2 Cor 5:21 says " God made him (Jesus) who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in Him (Jesus) we might become the righteousness of God." Praise God! Hallelujah! We serve a loving and faithful God.
Jesus is called the Lamb of God that takes away the sin of the world.. That concept comes from the old testament where the Israelite took a lamb and killed it to pay for their sins. He became that Lamb for all mankind who will accept Him as such and this makes you justified before God but more importantly, it also creates a relationship between you and God in which God becomes committed to you and to making you exactly who he wants you to be... In my book this is the greatest thing that was ever done by any one in the whole wide world..
Hope this helps,
take care..
Jesus is called the Lamb of God that takes away the sin of the world.. That concept comes from the old testament where the Israelite took a lamb and killed it to pay for their sins. He became that Lamb for all mankind who will accept Him as such and this makes you justified before God but more importantly, it also creates a relationship between you and God in which God becomes committed to you and to making you exactly who he wants you to be... In my book this is the greatest thing that was ever done by any one in the whole wide world.. and yes you could not draw near to A Holy God being a sinner cos He could not behold iniquity rather than that he wanted to punish the person,matter of fact he sought a way to allow us come near to him in our state as we are. That is why Jesus died...
Hope this helps,
take care..
Thanks for your replies - I actually get it now! It's quite interesting actually, that I've never learnt this during my R.E. classes at school - the teacher always just said that Jesus died for our sins but never went into more detail.

Your replies have really helped me - thanks :)
Glad to hear this Going? it is interesting to know you.. can we be friends? dnt know what is up with my add as friend button, it just aint working today.. however just wanted to let you know..
Be well, till later
Yes if you believe in God and you believe that Jesus died on the cross then God will let you into Heaven and you will be worshipping him and yes God said that if you did not believe in him then you would be going to Hell where there is no God
I should have died for Jesus he did not need to do that for me I should have been the one who should have been on that cross with the nails in my hands and my feet

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service