All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

Ok so I'm flipping through channels, and I always stop at the "religious" programs and so there's this guy who can actually send you "Miracle Manna." Now "Miracle Manna" is made of the same ingredient as what the Israelites ate in the desert and the recipe is supposedly found in the book or Ezekiel. Now I've yet to read Ezekiel, I'm getting there but right of the bat if manna means "what is this?" because the Israelites had no idea what God was feeding them, so they actually called it "Manna" meaning "what is this?" I'm pretty skeptical of anyone who can concoct it.

Oh and right after "Miracle Manna” comes "Prosperity Cloth" its green (I guess the "pastor" is a Celtics fan, no! the miracle manna was not purple)

Supposedly the prosperity cloth is to work as in Acts 19:12, but in this case not only can this little green cloth heal your cancer, but the next day you might even suprisingly find a big check in your mailbox ( those with P.O boxes have to wait until 9 when the post office opens)

Here's my question, my concerns, how does the Christian who knows that nowhere in the word of God does it say "if you send $9.99 to some TV minister for a miracle wafer or green towel-ly you will be healed" The Christian who knows that this is a false gospel, that this is idolatry, what do you do about this? Do you sit there and watch it? turn the tv off? shrug it off, there's so many perversion of the gospel anyway? Laugh? Cry? pray?

Views: 248

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Phabs, Complain to The Station.

Owners of GodTv, Rory and Wendy Alec are obviously receiving a lot of complaints about the Todd Bentley, Florida debacle. Last night they spent a lot of time on the air trying to convince viewers that it is a true and magnificent Revival from God.

Should they spend more time searching the scriptures and history they will discover that other revivals never had an instruction from God to Kick a woman in the face. Then boast about it while the "congregation" watched, listened and laughed, while he continued to describe how his boot hit her right on the nose.

Personally I need healing myself in order to wash and cleanse my soul from this diabolical rot. I find myself in mourning over all those (they speak of thousands) who are being deluded by what they see and hear.

Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them. "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."
Mat 7:20-23.

"Doeth The Will of the Father" is to compare scripture with scripture against what is happening and either confirm or deny whether those things be so.

"And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many." Mat 24:11
Ron I really don't think it would matter. From what I gathered, it seems like that is the is type of TV station it is . I don't know anything about the Lakeland Revival, didn't know it existed, but everytime I hear the people running to revivals or healings I just think Matthew 24.

Oh and I read the passage in Ezekiel where this minister got his manner recipe. Ezekiel 4:9-on. Apparently this "recipe" that God gave Ezekiel was defiled food. Isreal was in exile and God allowed the other nations to ridicule them. I wonder if anyone who ordered that "Miracle Manner" even bothered to read the passage.

I have to share your view on some of the things/wolves they put/allow on Godtv and indeed some of the other religious tv channels. Indeed, I believe the owners of GodTv will need to face The Lord himself. I have to say I picked my bible off the bookcase after watching one preacher on such a tv 'show', God used it for my benefit that day!

Anyway, I was reading Matthew today and it struck me, I felt , that when in Matthew 24:15 ''So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination that causes desolation,’' and I thought that could be the television, the ''abomination that causes desolation''. and with Godtv now broadcasting from Jerusalem it just made me shudder when I read that verse..

Hi Lucy,

Sadly, there are some Christian preachers that do come onto GodTV, who show very little concern for handouts from the Listeners, but they are very few in number. Hence I believe they tarnish their good reputation when they share the same platform with charalatans. (When you sup with the devil, you must pay the price)

Lucy regarding the passage from Mathew 24:15....   Many commentators believe that the prohecy taken from Daniel was referring to the Roman army that destroyed Jerusalem.   While I do not consider myself a prophet, my feelings are that the reference from Daniel may also refer to the Anti-Christ who will enter the newly built Temple in Jerusalem and insist that he is God.   "Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that as God sitteth in the Temple of God, shewing himself that he is God." 2nd Thess 2:4.

Your thought on the possibility that GodTV could be the "abomination that causes desolation" could certainly hold some partial truth.    In fact, I am afraid that today, a lot of the Christianity we find in many churches and watch on TV, is a "feel good christianity"  or a "must have an experience".  Worse still during their worsip periods, not realise that they lose touch with reality and are on the fringes of a "trance like behaviour"  This is definitely not what the early church practised and cannot be found in the New Testament.

Blessings and stay close to the Lord.

Ron.

Brother Bob, your character and the action I have seen here from you on AAG, have earned my respect. The battle belongs to the Lord. Our job is to pray and keep ourselves pure.

In Christian Love,
MaryAnn
Hello AP,

Did you mean warn the wicked...or warn others about the wicked? My concern, is that instead of confronting the offender, we rebuke our brothers and sisters in Christ. True believers want the truth, and it takes some of us a bit longer to discern these things.

Not everyone is so interested in this topic that they enjoy watching these types of videos. Maybe they have not yet had a chance to test the spirits.

To be honest I was offended by some of the comments made here on this blog, But I did take the time to watch the CrossTalk video that Donna posted. This is obviously not a move of God, and it was offensive to see the audience laughing at TB's shameful antics. What he was doing certainly looked demonic.

Let’s pray that God will use this to expose the lies of the enemy, and/or shut it down.

Thanks for the rebuke.
Just a Fool for Christ!
Hi Bob

I think it would be all our wish to see a revival, nationwide/worldwide revival, we certainly need revivals within our churches. But with that being said, I don't think it's being judgemental if we test this revival. I don't know what they do at this revival, but this is what 1 thess 5 says.

20do not treat prophecies with contempt. 21Test everything. Hold on to the good. 22Avoid every kind of evil.

I don't know anything about this revival again and I'll refrain from speaking of it. But as for the prayer cloths and the "Miracle Manna" they are a kind of evil, anytime you have people buying miracles, to me, you are in Simon the Sorcerer's territory. Not only that, are you really relying on God to heal you, or on what 9.99 can get you?
Excellent Post Donna
Ron
lol that's funnny.... I'm going to use that on my sister....
when I first read that in the bible i thought it was pretty hilarious tooo... the creativity of Israel astonishes me.... Gee Adam name all the animals, one man... and the whole nation of Israel could not name something they ate everyday... geez... at least let us know if it tasted like chicken or not.
Sorry Bob,
But as I see it even the USA is losing ground to the Liberals who won't allow you to say Merry Christmas. Ground has already been lost to Abortionists and homosexuals.

Your first Amendment is being hammered from all sides and an American Politician refuses to take an oath on the Bible but does so on the Quran. To whom has he pledged his allegiance? God or Allah?

Stand on the Street corner in some States and preach love in the name of Christ and your in for a whopping fine or a Jail sentence. IS THIS AMERICA I'M TALKING ABOUT??????

Why has this happened. Well Bob not wanting to be rude, it's because they like you, have adopted criticising the church, as you have done above, yet do nothing to stand up against these attacks that come straight out of the pit of hell.

"When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand." Eze 3:18
Ron
Jack that I have to agree with you IS NOT MY CHOICE OR ANYONE ELSES. For every Christian has been appointed as a guardian of the scriptures. It was not by choice that men died for them.

If we agree with the things that are being done and said at Florida, then we must throw our Bibles away, because what T.B. says and what the Bible proclaims are diametrically opposed. It is impossible for Both to be correct.

Many consider the Jesus "meek and mild" but forget the anger he displayed when he overturned the money tables in the Temple grounds.

The time is coming when Christians will come to know that to stand up for the scriptures and truth, will mean their death. How will we ever stand then, if we fail to stand against heresy now, when all it might cost is a slap on the wrist?

Blessings - Ron
Hi Mark,
The Video's posted by Donna is not because of habitual TV viewing but driven by her love for the brethren and more important by God's commission to all of us.

As we all know the Watchman was set up on the walls, to warn the people of "any" danger to them or the city. Like our burglar alarms today, yet more so.

"But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the trumpet, and the people be not warned; if the sword come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand." Ez 33:6
"For thus hath the Lord said unto me, Go, set a watchman, let him declare what he seeth."
Isa 21:6

Many have - without realising it - been given the terrible responsibility of being a watchman. The position of watchman in the Old Testament days, was one of admiration and support because of the safety and assurance it gave the people.
If he failed in his duty, he was put to death.

Sadly today, the position of watchman is one of ridicule leading to shame.

I must add that I had some concerns regarding the folk who claimed that they received Gold teeth and another claimed he could see out of his glass eye. "How is this possible?" I asked myself. The Lord soon came to the rescue, by pointing to the power the anti-christ would have in the last days.

"And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed". Rev 13:15

Bentley has not reached this stage, yet. But if this is the deception that Christians have so readily fallen into? What will the response be to those who may yet witness the following?

"And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.
And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,
And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.
And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.""And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,
Rev 13:12-15

My belief is that this is a forerunner of what is to come. I believe the Lord has allowed it to happen as a "WAKE UP" call, in order to remind us that more is yet to come. It is every Christian's duty, to "Try and Test" the spirits.
We, I believe have been given this opportunity to hone and sharpen these tools, in order that we may stand should that terrible day arrive.
If we cannot discern the spirit in operation here, if we refuse to oppose it now, we will never oppose it then. Why? Because then, your life will depend on it should you dare to oppose it.

Am I being melodramatic? Possibly! But what good is a watchman if he ignores the shadows in the dark?

The Lord have Mercy on us all.

Your Brother in Christ - Ron

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service