All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

Life in Christ Trek - image by Anna Holt copyright 2008. All Rights Reserved.Go and Make Disciples!

One of Jesus' last commands to his followers was "go and make disciples of all nations" (Matthew 28:18-20). If we love Jesus, we want to be doing what is nearest to his heart, don't we? So, what is a disciple and how can we make them?

A disciple is a learner... a follower... a student. Following Jesus is a learning process. Receiving him as Savior is only the beginning. He wants us to walk with Him and learn from him every day.

AllAboutGOD Ministries is creating an entirely new website for the purpose of making disciples and we need your feedback and ideas. We are also looking for people who are disciples and passionate about making disciples.

We are proposing a website with a 12-week basic Christian training called "Life in Christ Trek". In this 12-week training, people will have a brief study in God's Word and then apply foundational, biblical principles of an abundant life adventure with Jesus. It is not intended to be an academic course, but practical teaching and training focused on life change. Each week, we propose covering a different topic. Here is a sample outline:

Week 1. The Credibility of the Bible - Is it really God's Word and can I trust it?
Week 2. Salvation - What does it mean to be rescued by Jesus?
Week 3. Eternal Security - Can I lose what Jesus has given me?
Week 4. Victorious Living - How can I overcome sin and live joyously?
Week 5. My Relationship with God - Part 1
Week 6. My Relationship with God - Part 2
Week 7. Growing in God' Family - Why community and the church are important.
Week 8. Following Christ's Example - What does WWJD really look like?
Week 9. Forgiveness - How to forgive others and yourself.
Week 10. Discernment - How do I know right from wrong?
Week 11. Future Events - What does the Bible say about what's coming?
Week 12. The Great Commission - What's nearest to Jesus' heart?

Trainees would invest about 1 to 2 hours a week to complete the lesson materials online and answer the online study questions; and then 30 minutes (or more if they wish) every day reading the Bible and listening for and writing down what God will tell them as they read in their online blog.

We envision this website as place where trainees (disciples) will also have the opportunity to interact with a volunteer trainer and others in a study group (consisting of 8 to 12 trainees and a trainer) about what they are learning through forums and question/answer chat times.

A trainer should be a disciple himself and someone who wants to invest part of their life in making disciples in obedience to Christ's command.

So what do you think?

1. Is the idea of a 12-week basic training a good one?
2. What do you think of the proposed training outline?
3. Would you be interested in going through the training yourself?
4. Would you be interested in discipling others by being a trainer?
5. What questions, feedback, observations do you have?

Views: 421

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If you would like to sign up to beta-test the first lesson in the course, please go to http://www.allaboutgod.org/learn and set up an account. After you set up an account, I will send you an enrollment key to enroll in the Life in Christ Trek.

NOTE: People that use a hotmail email address have trouble registering because hotmail has marked some mail as spam and it is rejected. Please use another email account besides hotmail to enroll. Thank you!
I set up my account but have not received the enrollment key. I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss it.
Hi Greg. Like Victoria, I too am awaiting an enrollment key!

Love and God bless,
MaryAnn
this sounds great to me. i would certainly get involved as a student. In future offerings i would be proud to be considered as a trainer.

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service