All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

How can you keep a stable realtionsip with the lord? I need help!

I love the lord with all my heart and soul but i sumtimes feel like i fall off the wagon every now and then. I dont like the fact that i do this and i am ashamed of it. When I do relize that i have fallen off the wagon and i pray about it i dont feel like I am worthy of forgivness. I no in my heart God forgives but i think that when it becomes a pattern then only so much forgivness is offered. I want to maintain a stable healthy realtionship with God without falling off the wagon.

Views: 65

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My Dear Sean - brother in Christ,
If God had a limit to the amount of forgiveness He has, then He would be denying the words of Jesus, who said that the amount of times we should forgive someone, was "seventy times seven" No one can remember the amount of times, after they have forgiven someone more than six times, so seven times seventy is a good number that means "ALL THE TIME, EVERY TIME."

May I say Sean, take your eyes away from the life of Sean. There is no way that Sean can keep a stable relationship with the Lord. This is not Sean's job but the work of the Holy Spirit.
Sean's Job is to simply look to God in complete trust. What God has started, God will finish, not Sean.

Should you find yourself at the bottom of the spiritual ladder. This is not necessarily a disaster, but it is at this low point that the Holy Spirit has something He wants to teach you. When we are floating on cloud nine, it becomes difficult sometimes, even for the Holy Spirit to break through to us.

In my Christian experience I find that Cloud nine is what I call my rest period. I know that very soon I am going to be taught something that would take years to grasp, if I was left on cloud nine. No! The Bottom rung is the place to be , if you want to learn real fast

When should you despair? It's when the trips to the lower rungs are far too frequent and your stay there has been far too long. The reason for this is, that you are not putting the lessons learnt into practice. "Thou Shalt Not" does not mean: "Give it another bash!"
If that is your choice, then YES! "You will give it another bash" but at the bottom rungs again.

The answer lies in OBEDIENCE. I have said this many times: "Listen to the voice of God. Don't make the mistake and think that it is simply your conscience. No Sean, as sinners we do not have a "good" conscience giving ourselves good advice. It is the voice of God.
Listen to it and act in obedience to what God is telling you.
The Lord Bless you Sean.
Your brother in Christ - Ron

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service