Many Christians don’t get healed because of their unbelief, unforgiveness, unconfessed sins, secret sins, pride, addictions, influence of unbelievers, Pharisees spirits, demons,generational curses, lack of faith, lack of honoring Gods people, broken spirit, ignorance of Gods word, lack of prayer and fasting, addictions and communion in unworthy manner etc
1.Un confessed sins: When we sin we must approach God with genuine repentance and ask God to forgive our sins and then forsake that sin. When we leave that sin unconfessed, sin progresses to becoming evil and it eventually leads to death. When we have unconfessed sins our prayers will go unanswered and healings will be denied. The power of Christ gave the apostles authority to forgive sins. "As the Father has sent me, even so I send you" (John 20:21). Just as the apostles were to carry Christ’s message to the whole world, so they were to carry his forgiveness.
Matt. 18:18 says "Truly, I say to you, whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven" .Confessing sins to a priest leads us to humility and we receive sacramental graces because Christ speaks to us through Priest and its the Christ who is offering forgiveness through the priest and we obtain advice of sinning no more.
Psalm 32:3-4 says, "When I refused to confess my sin, my body wasted away, and I groaned all day long. Day and night your hand of discipline was heavy on me. My strength evaporated like water in the summer heat."
Psalm 66:18-19 says If I had harbored sin in my heart, the Lord would not have listened. However, God heard he listened to my prayer.
2. Secret sins: We cannot hide our sin from God. One day God will judge even the hidden secrets sins of our hearts. God knows our sin. He keeps a record constantly of even the innermost secrets of our hearts. When sins bottled up inside us it will bring constant guilt and shame and we loose our peace and it will manifest us into ungodly behavior.
I Samuel 16:7 says "God sees not as man sees, for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart" .
Proverbs 28:13 says If you hide your sins, you will not succeed. If you confess and reject them, you will receive mercy.
Numbers 32:23 says But if you don’t do these things, you will be sinning against the Lord; know for sure that you will be punished for your sin.
Jeremiah 16:17-18 I see everything they do. They cannot hide from me the things they do; their sin is not hidden from my eyes. I will pay back the people of Judah twice for every one of their sins, because they have made my land unclean. They have filled my country with their hateful idols.”
1 Corinthians 4:5 says: The Lord will bring to light the things hidden in the darkness.
3. Pride: Pride is the root of every sin and evil. Pride drastically hinders the work of God because it pushes our soul into darkness. Pride leads us to a form of Godliness and we can see even the Apostles had pride in their hearts on many circumstances. (Luke 9:46, Luke 22:24 Mat 20:20).
God does not hear the proud people. Pride is a curse (Ps 119:21), is an abomination (Prov 16:5), and is one of the seven sins God hates. (Prov 6:7). Jesus says in Matt 5:3-5 “Blessed are the meek”. We need clothe ourselves with lowliness, mildness, meekness, gentleness of spirit and behavior by continually examining our heart honestly and sincerely (Ps 19:12-13). Pride blocks healings and blessings.
4. Pharisees spirits: Repentance is acknowledging of our sins. When we genuinely repent …we abandon sins, forsake our sins and turn to Gods righteousness. Many so called religious people are been influenced by evil, they have a kind of religious spirits and are in arrogant,proud,boastful,selfish, careless, mockers , indifference to the poor and needy . Those who are truly in Christ they are filled with humility and spirit of Christ. They are so humble, kindhearted, patient and have a true love for God. Their kindness, their true love are being released within them which one can evidence by their actions and behaviours.The Pharisee spirits go to Hell we see this in Ezekiel 32:24-25, Matthew 23:27-33.
Jesus was warning His disciples concerning the teachings of the Pharisees and Sadducees in Matthew 7:22.Matthew 16:12. We also see Jesus rebuked the Chief priests in Matthew 21:32 for their unbelief. These religious sprits are hindrances to get prayers answered.
5. Demons: The people with demons need deliverance from the demonic spirits. When the demons are present it affects our life spiritually, mentally and physically. The presence of demons blocks our healings.
Matt 17:15-18 says “Lord, have mercy on my son,” he said. “He has seizures and is suffering greatly. He often falls into the fire or into the water… Jesus rebuked the demon, and it came out of the boy, and he was healed from that moment.
John 8:34-36 Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed."
I Peter 5:8-9 :Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings
6. Generational curses: Generational curses are family illnesses which inherit from family members and exposes to sins and curses whereby healings are blocked. By the authority in Jesus Christ, by the power of Jesus Name , and the power of His Blood, we can break any inherited curse. Bitterness and unforgiveness gives access to generational curses.
Exodus 34:7, "Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear the guilty; visiting (punishing) the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children's children, unto the third and to the fourth generation."
Even after Jeremiah 31:29-30 makes it clear that believers are redeemed from generational curses, but Jeremiah 32:18 clearly says, "Thou shewest loving-kindness unto thousands, and recompensest the iniquity of the fathers into the bosom of their children after them: the Great, the Mighty God, the LORD of hosts, is his name."
Lamentations 5:7, "Our fathers have sinned, and are not; and we have borne (been punished for) their iniquities."
7. Lack of Faith: This is the biggest hindrances to Divine Healing .Faith releases the power of God .Unbelief and doubt blocks the healing power of God in our life. Many Christians believe that it is not the will of God to heal them and their prayer goes weak and they become severely depressed paralyzing spiritually. If we have faith as the size of a grain of mustard seed, we will be able to do achieve greater things which include healings. (Matthew 17:20)
8. Lack of honoring Gods people: God is working behind the scenes. Faith in God can heal any sickness, any affliction, any deformity. God sends angels and anointed people to heal but unbelief in their healing and disrespecting and mocking at them is a road block for healings. God brings miracles through his chosen ones, through the man and women of God. When believers will lay hands on the sick, and the sick will recover (Mark 16:18).
James 5:14 says, "Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord."
9. Broken spirit: Once in life time we get circumstances where we are oppressed crushed, broken in our spirits and feel hopeless. We blame on God for all the bad things happen to our lives but we fail to acknowledge our own mistakes. And we walk by our own human spirit and ignore Gods spirit in us. When we ignore the spirit of God we get access to the evil spirits and we get lonely, alienated and isolated from God and block Gods love, faith, grace and power in Christ.
2 Corinthians 4:8 reminds us that we are afflicted in every way, but not crushed, perplexed, but not driven to despair, persecuted, but not forsaken, struck down, but not destroyed, always carrying in the body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be manifested in our bodies.
10. Ignorance of Gods word: Many get healed instantly, some get healed slowly and some may take forever .It all depends in their faith in Christ. Some people think that they won’t get healed no matter how much they pray. Every time when they pray with the believer they don’t believe that they can get healed. From outside they pretend to pray but their hearts are far away from real trust in God. They pretend to get healed for a moment and the next morning when they wake up they continue to have same symptoms, same problems and they will continue to follow mans remedies, and prescriptions rather trusting Jesus as physician. Sometimes God heals through Doctors too. But often they forget the healing comes through strong faith in Christ .With patience we need to look for Gods healing. Some get healed instantly some may take long time some even years together. He heals us depending upon our faith.
Luke 18:42 says "Receive your sight!" Jesus replied. "Your faith has healed you."
11. Lack of prayer and fasting: Sometimes God brings quick healing through true fasting and prayer.
Daniel 9:3 “And I set my face toward the Lord God, to seek by prayer and holy desires, with fasting, and sackcloth, and ashes.
Matthew 6:16-18 “And when you fast, do not be like the hypocrites, of a sad face. For they disfigure their faces so that they may appear to men to fast. Truly I say to you, they have their reward. But you, when you fast, anoint your head and wash your face, so that you do not appear to men to fast, but to your Father in secret. And your Father who sees in secret shall reward you openly.”
12. Influence of others: We get influenced by the unbelievers with their negative attitudes and words. Because of their influence, our faith in Christ and in healing gets weak and destroyed and we tend to doubt our healing.
1 John 1:6: If we say we have fellowship with Him yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth.
13. Addictions: Sometimes we fail to get healed because our own wrong choice. Many will get addicted to harmful and toxic substances like drugs, tobacco, alcohol, gambling,junkfood, sugar and abuse their bodies for many years which in turn very difficult to get healed because they are destroying Gods body and grieving the holy spirit. There are many others who get addicted to lustful and sinful desires and God will give them spiritual blindness and they fail to acknowledge their own sins and rebel against God and his commandments and they die in their own sins.
James 2:3: When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures.
2 Corinthians 4:3 Paul says, “If our gospel be hidden, it is hidden to them that are lost.”
Isaiah 3:11: Woe to the wicked! It will go badly with him, for what he deserves will be done to him.
14. Communion in unworthy manner: Taking communion in an unworthy manner can make us sick and weak and also risking our souls.