I know your comment isn't directed towards me, and I'm sure JB will respond, but I'm wondering what it is that you're not able to believe?
Do you believe that you've sinned against God?
Do you believe that without Jesus you will be separated from Him in Eternity?
Do you believe that Jesus died and rose again back to life to defeat sin and death for you?
Do you believe that his suffering, death and resurrection is enough to save you?
If the answer is yes to these questions than you are saved. You're not saved by the things you do or by your feelings. You're saved because you believe and trust Him. We are saved by Grace thru faith, not because we 'feel' saved, but because we believe God's word that we are saved. Our feelings are unreliable at best...like a rollercoaster....they are up and down all over the place based on our circumstances, emotions, stresses in our lives etc...
The bible says it like this in Romans 10:
am following and being helped with the comments, verses here and i hope Brandon is also putting himself in aposition to see how it works, and one thing which brings fear is the denial of the cross, as Carla stated in one of the comments that for a man to be saved needs to declare openly that Jesus is your saviour and believe that God raised Him from the dead (read Romans). Brandon Jesus is the only chance we have of which many people have not yet discovered. Family, I always think of those who lived a sinful life like I used to live, pretending to be christians by going to church but keep on sinning but died before knowing the truth. oh my God! Brandon this is the only time we have on earth to totally submit your (our) lives to Christ Jesus as our saviour for Him only removes fear and gives total happiness. as for me, All About God .has really helped my life. Amen .
One never loves God for what he does or does not do, nor did or did not do. One loves God for who He is. Our love for God cannot be conditional, but must be a response to who He is through the enlightenment and empowerment of Holy Spirit.
I will add something here that I believe is a misconception:
We do not step out of line in order to burn, we are born into a fallen world deserving separation from God. It is God who calls us out of darkness and offers to us the opportunity to be born into the light. We do not start good and fear becoming lost. We start lost with the gift of God being offered to us that we might be born again, transformed from one created of God into a child of God, children of the light.
I thought I would post this, Just in case there were some that would doubt their security in Christ.
Hebrews 10:38-39 (KJV)
38. Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.
39. But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.
2 Corinthians 1:20-22 (KJV)
20. For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.
21. Now he which stablisheth us with you in Christ, and hath anointed us, is God;
22. Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.
Ephesians 1:12-14 (KJV)
12. That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.
13. In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise,
14. Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.
Ephesians 4:29-31 (KJV)
29. Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
30. And grieve not the Holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
31. Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:
2 Timothy 2:19 (KJV)
19. Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let everyone that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.