All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

“Love covers over a multitude of sins.” 1Pe 4:8 NIV

Are you struggling to raise children on your own? If so, teach them these three principles. As you do, they’ll be reinforced in you. You’d be surprised how many instructors learn while they teach. So: (1) Teach them how to love imperfect people. Let them know that loving is a risk, but it’s worth taking. Hearing you say that will help them to grow up and not become cynical because of what they’ve been through. Explain that when you love people, you must love what’s good and accept what’s still under construction. And it’ll save them heartache if you teach them that sometimes we’ll disappoint each other, and that God’s remedy for this is, “Love covers over a multitude of sins.” (2) Tell them that the future can be better than the past. We are fueled by the past, but fuel only works when it’s combusted into another form. So allow the pain of the past to fuel your future with compassion, wisdom and hope. Many of the people we admire have experienced failure. This year’s winner was last year’s runner-up. So learn from your mistakes and seize the new day. Once you do that, “All things are possible” (Mt 19:26 NKJV). (3) Show them how to adapt to change. When you get stuck in the past, it’s always at the expense of the future. After the initial shock is over and your anger has dissipated, start making plans. Draw closer to God and decide to live again. Don’t get stuck in a stage that was just meant to be part of a process. This too shall pass; let it!

Views: 113

Replies to This Discussion

Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."  ---- Matt 19:14

Amen and amen!

THIS IS SO PERFECT!!!! I LOVE IT!! I'M RAISING MY GRAND DAUGHTER, SHE WILL BE 10 IN DECEMBER. SHE IS SO SENSITIVE AND HAS HAD A HARD TIME WITH ALL THE PROBLEMS WITH HER MOTHER(MY DAUGHTER) . I TELL HER SHE DIDN'T CAUSE IT AND SHE CAN'T FIX IT, ALL SHE CAN DO IS GIVE IT TO JESUS. SHE IS JUST A LITTLE GIRL AND HE DOESN'T WANT HER WORRYING AND FRETTING OVER IT AND HE LOVES HER VERY MUCH. I TOLD HER THAT WHEN MOMMYS ARE'NT ABLE TO TAKE CARE OF THEIR CHILDREN FOR WHATEVER REASON THAT THAT'S WHY HE MADE GRANMAS. AND THAT SHE IS THE JOY IN MY LIFE!!! I LET HER KNOW THAT I'M ALWAYS THERE FOR HER NO MATTER WHAT AND IF SHE NEEDS TO TALK I'M HERE. WE HAVE LOT'S OF FUN TOGETHER TOO!!! I HAVE SUCH A HARD TIME WITH IT WHEN SHE'S HURTING, AS A MOTHER I WANT TO MAKE IT ALL BETTER. I EXPRESS THIS TO HER AND HOW MUCH I LOVE HER AND THAT I WISH I COULD FIX IT BUT I CAN'T. WE HAVE TO TRUST JESUS FOR IT. I TOLD HER THAT ONE DAY JESUS WILL TAKE IT AND  USE IT AND SHE WILL BE HELPING SOMEONE ELSE THAT'S GOING THROUGH THE SAME THING. I USE ALOT OF SITUATIONS THAT SHE CAN IDENTIFY WITH FROM MY ON LIFE. I THINK WE HAVE TO GET DOWN ON THEIR LEVEL AND IDENTIFY, THEN THEY KNOW WE TRULY UNDERSTAND WHAT THEY ARE FEELING. SHE SAYS IT RELLY HELPS ALOT. IF WE PUT OURSELVES BACK AT THAT AGE, HOW WE FELT, WHAT IT WAS LIKE. I USE THE SITUATION WITH MY MOM WHEN SHE WAS ALIVE, AND HOW I HATED COMING HOME AND LEAVING HER IN THE NURSING HOME. AND ESPECIALLY SINCE SHE PASSED IN 2010. SHE TRULY KNOWS I UNDERSTAND AND THAT'S WHAT COUNTS. ALOT OF WHAT YOU SAID I'VE SAID ALSO, BUT YOU SAID IT SO WELL AND GAVE ME MORE WONDERFUL INFORMATION. THANK YOU SO MUCH. GOD BLESS YOU!!!! KAY

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service