All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

When I meditated on the word Guidance, I kept seeing "dance" at the end of the word. I remember reading that doing God’s will is a lot like dancing.

When two people try to lead, nothing feels right. The movement doesn’t flow with the music, and everything is quite uncomfortable and jerky.

When one person realizes that, and lets the other lead, both bodies begin to flow with the music.

One gives gentle cues, perhaps with a nudge to the back or by pressing lightly in one direction or another.

It’s as if two become one body, moving beautifully. The dance takes surrender, willingness, and attentiveness from one person and gentle guidance and skill from the other.

My eyes drew back to the word Guidance. When I saw "G" I thought of God, followed by "u" and "i". "God," "u" and "i" dance." God, you and I dance.

As I lowered my head, I became willing to trust that I would get guidance about my life. Once again, I became willing to let God lead.

My prayer for you today is that God’s blessings and mercies be upon you on this day and everyday.

May you abide in God as God abides in you.

Dance together with God, trusting God to lead and to guide you through each season of your life.
AUTHOR UNKNOWN

"You changed my mourning into dancing…"
Ps 30:12

Views: 118

Replies to This Discussion

Nancy,

Really profound!

The Holy Spirit had to show you that.

I could have looked at "guidance"until the cows came home......... and not come up with what you did. Amen

Grace and Peace.

Cool analogy -- i never danced growing up because our chuch forbade it . Now having Parkinson's disease i will never be able to very well in the physical sense but will be able to in the siritual sense.

Thank you for taking the time to post "Dancing with God" it really makes me stop to examine myself and tosee if I am leading or if I am allowing God to lead me in our dance.

Thank you again,
Rose

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service