All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

.....“Oh, that you would bless me and expand my territory! Please be with me in all that I do, and keep me from all trouble and pain!” --- taken from the 1 Chronicles 4:10

This is small verses in the bible which we must also utter just like Jabez did to God... 

1 Chronicles 4:9-10 (New Living Translation)

There was a man named Jabez who was more honorable than any of his brothers. His mother named him Jabez because his birth had been so painful. He was the one who prayed to the God of Israel, “Oh, that you would bless me and expand my territory! Please be with me in all that I do, and keep me from all trouble and pain!” And God granted him his request.

The prayer is composed of four parts. First, Jabez asks God to bless him  <HE KNOWS WHO IS HIS GOD!!!>. Second, he asks God to enlarge his territory or increase his responsibility, <FOR HE KNOWS WHAT HE HAS, AS CHILD OF GOD HE KNOWS WHO 'S THE OWNER OF EVERYTHING THAT ONLY GOD CAN GIVE>. . Third, he prays that God will be with him and stay close< BECAUSE HE KNOWS HOW GOOD IS OUR GOD >. Lastly, Jabez asks that God keep him from harm so that he will be free from pain <AND THAT GOD'S SOVEREIGNTY>.

If Jabez were around today, he’d be quick to tell you that this little prayer holds no special powers or magical words. But he would also tell you that if you want to step into God’s greater purpose for your life—no matter how unpromising your circumstances might be right now—and you want to seize God’s extravagant best for you with all your heart and mind and will, then you’re just a prayer away...

All Glory To God...

Views: 238

Replies to This Discussion

So true and thank you

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service