All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

You are more sinful than you can believe, but you are more loved than you can imagine....

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Outside of conservative Christian circles, it's not very common for people to believe that they are inherently bad. Instead, people's logic often goes like this: Sure, I occasionally do bad things, but at heart I'm a good person.
Although it may be tempting to give yourself credit as being a good (or, in Biblical lingo, righteous) person at heart, such a view of human nature is at odds with what God reveals in his word.
God makes it very clear that every one of us is "bad."
We don't just do bad things; we are bad.

The Apostle Paul exclaims that because of our sin every one of us falls short of God's radiant splendor and glory (Romans 3:23).
None of us are good—that is, righteous (Romans 3:10).

Our unrighteousness is not due to the fact that we break God's commands. Instead, we are unrighteous because we are "in Adam," to borrow the language of Paul in Romans 5.
Even people who did not sin by breaking a command still died because they were by nature sinners (Romans 5:14).

The bad news is that you're sinful by nature.
Even if you lived your whole life without breaking a single command of God you'd still reap death.
The bad news is probably worse than you may care to admit.

Fortunately, that makes the good news better than you had imagined. Despite your sinful nature, God offers the life of his very Son for you (Romans 5:8-10).
God doesn't owe you anything, but he gives you everything. That's love!!!!

Your sin is placed on Christ, and Christ's righteousness is placed on you. You gain what he deserved—life—and he gains what you deserved—death. How great is the love God lavishes on us! (1 John 3:1)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Views: 742

Replies to This Discussion

We do need Jesus to make us holy. Thank you for sharing this with me. I do appreciate it. We can not boast ourselves because it is given to us. Praise the Lord. Haleluja!!! God bless us all always. Christy Gabriel
I had to read it twice..I realize Jesus died for our sins...the "we are bad by nature" overtone got my attention.
I guess I really did believe that we were made in the image of God and we "good". I guess Adam changed all that?
Jesus Christ, the Son of God, became a man, to save us from the sin that entered the world through Adam. "Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all men, because all sinned" (Romans 5:12).

"Consequently, just as the result of one trespass was condemnation for all men, so also the result of one act of righteousness was justification that brings life for all men. For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous" (Romans 5:18-19). "The law requires that nearly everything be cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness." (Hebrews 9:22) God told Moses: "For the life of the creature is in the blood, and I have given it to you to make atonement for yourselves on the altar; it is the blood that makes atonement for one's life." (Leviticus 17:11) The blood of Christ, the perfect sacrifice, had to be shed for our atonement. Jesus Christ "did not enter by means of the blood of the goats and calves; but He entered the Most Holy Place once for all by His own blood, having obtained eternal redemption." (Hebrews 9:12)

"For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your forefathers, but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect. He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake" (1 Peter 1:18-20).
“then know this, you and all the people of Israel: It is by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified but whom God raised from the dead, that this man stands before you healed. Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved.”- Acts 4:10,12

Amen. Praise the Lord...Thank you ate Kath for sharing your blessings to us which God shared also to you. I am so blessed and full of joy, may God be praised!

May the Lord bless us abundantly.

God's honor,ladyhumble
God bless and thank you for reminding us to stay humble and be obedient to God.
Thank you!

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service