All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

For that past 13 years I've been working as a Janitor for a School.  It is a clean place to work. (In comparison to a factory one can argue it's better.)  But is it really better?  In my personal experience, it hasn't been good for my mental or physical health.  Working by myself at a place where I'm not allowed to express my true feelings takes it's toil mentally.  Moving around for over 10,000 steps a day is a toss up.  A toss up because yes it is good for your body to move.  But there is a difference between quality and hindering movements.  All my moving around has been causing me pain.  I have the start of arthritis in both of my feet because of all the years of walking non stop on thinly covered concrete floors.  I feel that my job is causing me to mentally sin because of the liberties they give the teachers allows them to do things that make my job harder and that translates to anger which in turn makes me think of four letter words I that I'm constantly trying not to say.  I keep telling myself "this is wrong you shouldn't be saying or feeling like this.  You should love your enemies.  God Please help me, please forgive me, and Why am I being so selfish this is wrong too!"  After that I get depressed.  I tried combating this by listening to the Bible, Various Christian books, and prayer.  Not saying that doesn't help some....  I learned a lot more than I did.  But I never get over it. 

I should look forward to Saturday and Sunday.  But my job even takes those two days away from me.  Because I'm always too tired to do much.  My feet are tired, my legs are tired, my back is tired, and my head won't think straight most of the time. 

The other day while doing some research on a Christian Singer.   I stumbled across Pastor Bob Beeman on Youtube.   Now I've been listening to some of His vlogs for weeks.  I don't think any Pastor has got everything a 100 percent right.  Because non of us Humans have things a 100 percent right.  But I found His vlogs to be insightful.  In this Vlog He talks about why, in his opinion, we need to be working a job that we are passionate about.  Is He right?  Well I don't know if He's got all of this a 100 percent.  I think we got to be where God puts us.  My Parents feels that God put me where I'm at.  It's true that it pays the bills but I'm never happy.  And the Economy is bad.  Plus I don't have a lot of skills.  For that reason I'm asking for prayer.  Anyways here is Pastor Bob.  You might enjoy some of His little talks

If it doesn't play directly you can try the direct link.
http://youtu.be/Nmxu0L6u_bM

Views: 1023

Replies to This Discussion

Well we know what people think ain't reality. The guy I bought my house from thinks he's Mister Fixit. I just hope he doesn't quit his day job.

I'd say by them thinking he's stupid, they only succeed in dumbing themselves down.

I still like his medicine cabinet he built. Hope you're enjoying your own home. 

And the moment I get to ripping it off the wall I'm gonna try and ship it to you so you can display it prominently and anyone who asks, tell em...West Virginia. Need I say more?

hahaha. Don't you dare send that thing to me in reality. It would cost a fortune in shipping & you need those funds girl. I'm taking your word for it that you are serious about sending it. I think that's incredibly awesome that you would consider doing that. Now, if you are not being serious, don't tell me. I want to continue thinking of you with a halo. Thank you 

You said you wanted it. And my office has a UPS discount so shouldn't be too much. Otherwise it goes on the trash pile.

So for those who have no idea what were talking about...the previous owner liked to jury rig things. So what to do when you need a medicine cabinet? Now Tammy finds this adorable. How many of you find this hideous thing adorable?

For some reason I can't get these to show up the right direction so just tilt your head to the left. 

If I knew I was solid I would say ship it but right now, we're in between Texas & California ourselves.

I believe that whatever we are doing....whether sitting in prison for our faith in Christ, being persecuted for our faith in Christ, or working to make a living and pay our bills, we should walk in Christ Jesus' footsteps, doing it out of humility and service.  The reason I make note of Joseph often, is because he obviously didn't "choose" to live in prison for his early life, but he continued infaithful service of God and others.  

I think we should remove "self" from the picture.  It's about God and His glory, always forever and ever.

Eternal perspectives always, this is not our home.

AMEN WATCHMAN & CHIP .
Gregory, all the information on humility is in scripture itself:

James 4:6 But he gives more grace. Therefore it says, “God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble.” -- humble is not being proud

Matthew 23:12 Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted. --scripture on exalting God speaks of esteeming Him as greater. So to exalt yourself is to think of yourself as better.

2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land. -- Humble themselves in context here is realizing they've sinned and call on God because they know they're not in control...they cease being proud and thinking they don't need God because they're better or just as good as He is...exalting themselves above Him.

1 Peter 5:5 Likewise, you who are younger, be subject to the elders. Clothe yourselves, all of you, with humility toward one another, for “God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.” -- In line with James above...humble yourself to others why? Because God opposes the proud. So being humble is being not proud.

A proud person is arrogant and thinks they are better than others. They look at themselves as having accomplished everything they've done on their own, as if they're smarter because they made better choices in life that got them where they are. Proud people are boasters...look at me, what I have, what I've done.

We can even apply it to the Christian...look at how much I do for God, how Holy I live, how much I give.

Matthew 6:1-2 “Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven. So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full.

Matthew 6:5 And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full.

Luke 6:24 But woe to you who are rich, for you have already received your comfort.

Be humble, not proud or arrogant or thinking you're better than others as Jesus was humble. He was the Son of GOD. He could've remained in heaven and remained powerful but...

Philippians 2:7-9 rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death—even death on a cross! Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name...
Because these scriptures didn't come to mind? If scripture popped into our head via the Holy Spirit without us having to learn it, why are we told to "study to show yourselves approved"? Jesus wasn't born teaching. He needed to learn scripture. He was fully God but also fully man. And as a man, He had to learn. People who quote scripture from memory are those who have spent a lot of time in it. Yet even some of them don't have a relationship with God. Even satan knows scripture. It's not how much we know scripture that determines our relationship with God. But knowing scripture will help us know God better and overcome. And that is why we study.

Just because these few Scriptures didn't come to mind reflects nothing about the Spirit inside of you. I could be wrong but Seek probably had to look a few of these up herself. It's an awesome thing to memorize the Word of God but there will always be many many many that we won't remember or recall. It is 66 books. That is a lot of books. 

Seek, I disagree with you on Jesus having to learn. I believe He was definitely born as a teacher. He didn't have to learn Scripture because He is the Scripture. There was absolutely nothing that He didn't know. I could be wrong on this but that's my view. What in the world could anyone possibly teach God?

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service