All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

As a body of Christ, it is important that we forsake not the assembling of ourselves.  For God said, "where two or three are gathered in my name, there will I be also."   We must be obedient in doing God's will by not forsaking the assembling of ourselves as the body of Christ.

Does anyone else have any thoughts on this subject?

Matthew 18:20 KJV

For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

Hebrews 10

22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

23 Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised ;) 24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:

25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching .

Views: 402

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great question with so many good answers that are racing through my mind sis. I will concentrate in one only, but not before saying that if for nothing else we have to not forsake assembling together because God tells us to.

Talent can be cultivated in privacy but not character as we all know fellowshipping with the wheat and the tares will build our Christian character in a hurry.

If we do not have opportunities to grow in love, patience, the fruit of the spirit, Christian virtues then we become stag net. Fellowshipping gives us an opportunity to edify others and fulfill the purpose God called us for in His body. How can I give to the body of Christ if I do not associate with it? It is better to give than to receive, but again how can we give if we are not congregating?

1 Corinthians 12

14Now the body is not made up of one part but of many. 15If the foot should say, "Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body," it would not for that reason cease to be part of the body. 16And if the ear should say, "Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body," it would not for that reason cease to be part of the body. 17If the whole body were an eye, where would the sense of hearing be? If the whole body were an ear, where would the sense of smell be? 18But in fact God has arranged the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be. 19If they were all one part, where would the body be? 20As it is, there are many parts, but one body.
1 Corinthians 12

14Now the body is not made up of one part but of many.

Yes. Praise the Lord all body parts are needed to serve in fullness for the Lord and everything must HOLY all people of Christ must be Holy.

15If the foot should say, "Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body," it would not for that reason cease to be part of the body.

Every part of the body plays an important role for the Kingdom and GLory of God. Every person is chosen to serve a particular part for the Glory of God not one person has no job all serve purpose. Just because it may seem like the foot is less than the hand think again for the foot is just as important as the hand to function. If anything malfunction it will cause corruption so get rid of that piece or repent and be forgiven to keep in all Godliness. there is a reason for everything and everything serves a purpose for justice.

16And if the ear should say, "Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body," it would not for that reason cease to be part of the body.

What you see is key and what you do with you body is important for you are of God and he created you and you are to be a reflection of Him. If you look like an ungodly person then fix yourself and if perceive you as hypocritical then something is wrong find it in you get that beam out to penetrate light from your eyes that will have the enemy screaming lol

17If the whole body were an eye, where would the sense of hearing be?

have inSight and you will see to know that to do how to do and how to listen carefully to the word of God

If the whole body were an ear, where would the sense of smell be?

Listening is important or you will fail to have the sense to know what to do when to do where to do and to ask for the wisdom before you do anything at all

18But in fact God has arranged the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be.

God has a plan for every person living on Earth all of HIS creations serve a purpose and a role for HIS Glory and the Glory of HIS kingdom not of you but unto you as God has chosen you to be this particular body part of HIM so though it may seem you have less or whatever you are very much important for the purpose of God. God is in control thought you may think you do you are not the one who calls the shots HE DOES AND ONLY HE DOES You cannot tell God who to chose for one job or the other he makes you who you are and he controls what you do how you do and where to do

19If they were all one part, where would the body be?

As one in the Lord you are in HIM and he is In you and you are in LIFE where life is everlasting in the Awesome God

20As it is, there are many parts, but one body.

Many Children one God all one for the Glory of Him all for the GLory of God. Every person is Special and you are you because of God. You belong to HIM and only to HIM and your heart is HIS for you are his

"YOU ARE MINE" YOU ARE GODS YOU BELONG TO THE ONE LORD GOD ALMIGHTY BUT ONLY WITH YOUR SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST IN YOU

YOU CANNOT COME TO THE FATHER WITHOUT HIS SON
YOU CANNOT BE OF HIS WITHOUT HIS LOVE
YOU CANNOT SERVE HIM WITHOUT YOUR SAVIOR
YOU CANNOT BE JUST WITHOUT THE SINLESS ONE IN YOU
YOU CANNOT BE LOVE IF YOU STILL HAVE HATE
YOU CANNOT ENTER WITH HATE FOR YOU ARE NOT LOVE
EITHER YOU LOVE OR HATE TAKE YOUR PICK AND KNOW WHERE YOU BELONG WITHOUT JESUS
GOD IS LOVE AND IF YOU ARE NOT OF LOVE IN CHRIST YOU ARE NOT OF GOD AND YOU WILL BE REJECTED

Blessings,
Stacey A.
Is is important so that as we shine together the light of God becomes and is stronger and brighter for all the world to see the mighty Glory of God in us. We all come together as proof and witnesses of the living God who endures forever and is the everlasting Awesome God who reigns from Heaven and Earth we have an Awesome God. Fear no evil for together we stand by the power of God and living forever in Christ honoring the Lord Savior Jesus Christ.

Blessings,
Stacey A.
Ephesians 2:21
In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord.

1 Thessalonians 5:11
Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.
clean clean bro shanks follow ups tight
One simple reason, not the only reason:

Sheep need each other.

Lord Bless,
LT
good one
together we stand
Ahhhhhhh Ahhhhhh you are doing it again. You are making me scream. What does the above have to do with the discussion? Take it back, take it back so i can take it back too.
teehee! You two crack me up!

David, I think she means, "We defend each other, we help protect each other from the enemy"

Maybe.

At least, that's what I get from it.

(And Stace, if I'm wrong, then please explain!)
Me and Shorty AKA Grasshopper, energizer bunny etc are glad to put a smile on your face, but she is making me scream bro haha

But I guess she is showing us why is a MUST that we assemble hahahaaha
Shorty - What would I do without you helping me exercise patience hahaahaha J/K beloved.

John Gill's Exposition of the Bible - Isaiah 50:8
Verse 8. He is near that justifieth me,.... His Father was "near" him in his whole state of humiliation; he left him not alone; he was at his right hand, and therefore he was not moved; and "justified" him from all the calumnies of his enemies, or the false charges they brought against him, and from all the sins of his people that were upon him; these he took upon him, and bore them, and made satisfaction for them, upon which he was acquitted; and which is evident by his resurrection from the dead, by his ascension to heaven, and session at the right hand of God; and by the gifts of the Spirit, extraordinary and ordinary, he received for men, and gave unto them; see 1 Timothy 3:16.

Who will contend with me? being thus acquitted; will the law and justice of God litigate the point with him? they are both satisfied; will Satan dispute the matter with him? he is foiled, conquered, and destroyed; or will the wicked Jews enter the argument with him? wrath is come upon them to the uttermost.

Let us stand together; face to face, if they dare; let them face me, if they can:

who is mine adversary? let him appear, that he may be known:

let him come near to me: and engage with me, if he has courage or skill. This is bidding defiance to all his enemies, and triumphing over them.
BROTHER D OMGEEEE THANKS BE TOOO GOD I LOVE YOU DEEPLY IN GODLINESS

THE LORD BLESS US ALLLL

GOSH I LOVE THIS FAMILY DADDDY ISSS SO GOOD

DADDY WE LOVE YOU :) <3

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service