All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

I have endured all sorts and have kept holding on to him, but this time it is way too much. I am here asking for prayers and support.

The question I am battling with is, if life is much of a struggle, much of endurance, everyday waking up to new challenges and battles why then strive so much to live? What's there to live for? I don't know maybe someone can enlighten me on this. I have all my life worked towards good and done good, served, sometimes if not most of times to a point of my very own predicament... Where is God?

In Service
Mandisa Mndela
Founder: Stand Your Truth

Views: 818

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Absolutely. Will be lifting you up for whatever situation is going on at this time. I'm so sorry that you're having these trials. 

Thank you Tammy for the support. All hope is lost on my side at the moment. I am fighting evil thoughts of taking my life. Thank you!
The question I am battling with is, if life is much of a struggle, much of endurance, everyday waking up to new challenges and battles why then strive so much to live? What's there to live for? I don't know maybe someone can enlighten me on this. I have all my life worked towards good and done good, served, sometimes if not most of times to a point of my very own predicament... Where is God?

That's a tough question & I'm sure most have asked themselves these same questions & if they haven't, they are truly blessed. There are many examples in Scripture where God's chosen people went thru trials & heartaches yet held onto Him & the faith they had in Him knowing that regardless of the hardship, He was always there to pull them through. The first one that comes to mind is Joseph. If you think about the road he traveled, we can't find anything that he had done to receive such a horrible existence. Same with Daniel & his friends. Maybe you could read about these soldiers of the Lord & draw some strength in seeing how the Lord pulled them thru. The book of Esther & Job also come to mind. I wish I had all the perfect answers that could lift you out of this pit. As I said earlier, you're in my prayers. 

Thank you so much Tammy for the prayers... It's just that I found myself with lots of questions, yes, I have read the scriptures you referring me to, and still reading more, and wonder, if those people went through those trials and at our time of existence we are still going through trials what's this life for then? Why do we strive so much to live then? Live for trials, struggles and all sorts of atrocities?

I am so grateful to have you holding me in prayer, I want to believe this painful period in my life will pass.
Thank you once more!

Girlfriend, I've had those exact questions in my mind many times. I never found the answers to them but just chose to pull up my big-girl panties, dry up the tears & move on. I don't throw out those Scriptures others use when trying to encourage others because to be honest, those Scriptures didn't help me. If anything, it makes me a bit rebellious. I'm thinking to myself "I'm questioning God & you're going to throw His words at me? Tell me how that works exactly?" I do believe however, there is ALWAYS a breakthrough. That's what I've found in my own life. I know whatever I'm going thru, however horrible, it will get better because it definitely can't get any worse. I believe at times, it's also how we choose to face these trials. Me, I usually face mine with humor, sarcastic as that is. I laugh thru it - or I try to. There are times I cave & get in that slump. My slumps don't last too long but I do go there. So, I'm not going to tell you everything works out for the good to those who love the Lord - Wait, I just told you - but I think you understand what I mean. You will have a breakthrough. Just keep pushing thru.

You are in my prayers Mandisa. I agree with Tammy, all you can do is stand and continue to push through. I have asked myself the same questions you have, as most people have I guess, but one thing I have come to realize : most of our trials, disease and sicknesses are not from God. They are not sent from God to test us, you may learn from them, but they are not sent from God. 1Jn 1:5  “This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all” 

We are in a daily war and we have an enemy that wants to destroy us 1Peter 5:8  “Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour” Please don’t blame or turn from God. It is the devil we must fight, he is the one we must stand against with the spiritual weapons God has provided in His Word. In Jesus name you can do it! The devil has been defeated and all we need to do is enforce that defeat. The key is to know who you are in Christ, and the Authority we have in Him. Please download Curry Blake’s New Man and DHT training, which will help you tremendously.

God bless you!

Dave

Than you Dave, I keep looking up to him. Thank you for the prayers.
"Not that my issues are sorted, but have great hope for tomorrow, leaning on the understanding that those who trust in him are never alone." Thanking you all so much for standing with me in prayer.

Praise God! That’s good to hear. Psalm 18:2  “The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.”

Please remember, we are seated with Christ in heavenly places, isn’t that amazing! Ephesians 2:6  "And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:"

All that Christ has, we now have as heirs! Gal 4:7  "Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ." 

Let me end there or else I will go on forever!

Be Blessed!

Many possible reasons. One would be to consider how satan fell from Grace and rebelled against God. Will we still worship God through trials and not fall away and rebel?

Another is that the earth became sinful with that first bite. Not God's doing, but He promises to help us through it.

Another is that the trials test our own faith...to show us our own heart. Like when Peter denied Jesus three times, even while he was sure he never would.

Christ promises if we just hold on to Him, He will bring us through it.

What you said about serving to your own predicament...stop! His yoke is easy. His burden is light. WE make it hard. We try to go over and above and forget our own spiritual needs with Him. If serving is burning you out, stop awhile and get closer to Him. Or serve, just not so much.

Don't give up. Ask yourself this question,"Is there anything too hard for my God?" The answer is absolutely nothing. No matter what is going on in your life, you can trust God that He is in control and working everything for your good. God knows intimately the concerns of your heart (Psalm 139:1-3). He can provide all the peace,strength, and courage you need. Don't give up!! Confidently hope in Him. Other Scriptures:

Psalm 31:24, Romans 15:13, Ephesians 3:20-21

I wanted to share this with you. Praying for you. In Jesus' name, Amen 

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service