All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

Series #16:  The Holy Spirit

PENTECOSTAL LIFE - LESSON #12

Again in Samaria, the people were saved and baptized in water, yet the Holy Spirit had fallen on none of them.  In Acts 19:2, Paul asked a group of believers, "Have you received the Holy Ghost since you believed?"  The gift of the Holy Ghost was so real, believers were expected to know whether they had received it or not.  Pentecost is an experience.  It is NOT somebody teaching you how to say a few words that they call a prayer language.  It is a definite experience of God the Holy Ghost coming into you, and you into Him.

When you were born again, the Holy Spirit baptized you into Christ.  But when you were filled with the Holy Spirit, Christ baptized you in the Holy Ghost.  The latter is as definite as the former.

Ye shall know...ask... and do.  The promise of our Lord concerning the Holy Ghost gathers around the centers of knowledge, prayer and service.  First, He said, "Ye shall know" - that's knowledge.  Second, "Ye shall ask" - that's prayer.  Third, "Ye shall do" - that's work.  Knowledge, prayer and service.  Pentecost brings certainty in knowledge, assurance in prayer, and power in service.  Begin your day with God.  Seek Him early.  Make the first part of your day an altar.  There determine the will and course of God for that day.  By the Holy Spirit, you can know, you can pray, and you can do.

The fullness of the Holy Ghost brings the certainty of revelation to the heart.  The men of Pentecost knew the things of God.  No theological instruction could have given Peter the doctrine he preached concerning Christ's life, death and resurrection.  "At that day ye shall know..." (John 14:20), said Jesus, and when that day came, they knew.  They knew the essential relationship between Christ and God.  They knew the mysterious union between Christ and the believer.  They knew that Christ was in the believer as the Son was in the Father.  The Spirit filled believers know.  All questions are answered in the Holy Ghost.  He is the mind of God.  Being led of the Spirit is simply knowing the mind of God, knowing the thoughts of God.

The Pentecostal blessings makes the believer mighty in prayer.  "In that day ye shall ask me nothing...(What day?  The day the Holy Ghost comes)....Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in My Name, He will give it to you"  (John 16:23)  Prayer is an impossible task without the Holy Ghost.  We do not know what to pray for.  "...but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings that cannot be uttered."  (Romans 8:26)  Only the Spirit filled knows that kind of praying.  This is the kind of praying that wrought miracles in the book of Acts, pleads the Name, enthrones the Name, claims the Name.  It prays in His Will, presents His Promise, and decrees His Power.

Views: 277

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I found this up Lifting! for God is the same yesterday today and tomorrow Amen!!! and we all have the mind of Christ!
Hi Everyone,

I've just come across this discussion. I have no problem accepting the Trinity because that is what the bible teaches, but I found this interesting.. This helps set the foundation deeper in my understanding.
At my Bible study yesterday we talked a bit about the Trinity. This is very interesting:

This verse:
Deuteronomy 6:4
Deu 6:4 ¶ Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God [is] one LORD:

This 'One' is a compound 'One'. The word 'Echad' means 'properly united' ...see definition below.

H259
אחד
'echâd
ekh-awd'
A numeral from H258; properly united, that is, one; or (as an ordinal) first: - a, alike, alone, altogether, and, any (-thing), apiece, a certain [dai-] ly, each (one), + eleven, every, few, first, + highway, a man, once, one, only, other, some, together.

Here are some examples of a compound 'One'.
~A marriage.. has two people in it, but it is 'one' marriage.
~Israel is 'one' nation, made up of many people.
~A Family is 'one' family... for example my family has four people in it.
~The body of Christ is 'one' body...made up of all believers past. present and future.

'One' means that the share the same purpose and goal.
One God--Three persons. Father, Son and Holy Spirit. They share the same purpose and the same goal.

This opens up the concept of understanding the Trinity a bit more for me.. Very interesting indeed!

Blessings, Carla
I 'understand' the trinity. I understand God the Father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit/Holy Ghost. But I can not say that I understand the relationship and the 'how' of the relationship of the Three. (should 'Three' be capitalized?)
However; I feel very comfortable with 'my' loss for words and lack of understanding (noun). I feel comfortable that I will 'be' 'understanding' (verb)......for the rest of my earthly life and throughout the rest of eternity. There will always be 'more'. God will always be 'more' than 'I' am able to 'grasp'. When I 'think' I have understood Him...He will always show me something new. My Lord and my God are the greatest adventure I have ever pursued. I have lived appx 21,400 days on this earth and not one morning has been the same as another. Every single moment and each breath has been completely unique. I think I understand the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, but my 'understanding' is always new, Just as His 'Living Word'. His 'Word' is always the same, yet always 'new' and refreshing; Living Water.

PHEW WAT A COMMOTION ! one has to have to tools to do the job even today, yes maybe there was a bit of fire at first but in reality the Holy Spirit lives and moves within us to do and will His good pleasure and to speak to the churches if they are inclined to sit up an take note, ie to meet in each others houses and to eat together sounds great to me but one look at me and regardless of the Holy Spirit within Im booted out the door !  poor pussycat !

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service