All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

Please share what you believe to be the most comforting verses for someone who will be passing on to the Lord. My dad was recently diagnosed with terminal cancer of the lungs which has metastisized to his liver. Thank you for all your responses ahead of time. My dad and I really appreciate them.

Views: 6826

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi there Ginny Bear
First of all my heart goes out to your father, you , and your family. I have heard so many stories of God miraculously healing people of all kinds of diseases both terminal and non terminal, so I believe that he is able to do it. I will keep you and your family in my prayers at this time.
Read Psalms 91 to your father and have him read it as well.

It is very comforting... during my families time of grief that is what we read. I am sure it will help you.
Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
Psalm 103 where He heals all our diseases and forgives all our sins and iniquity....He is slow to anger and full of mercy...
God loves your dad and this disease is not from God,
This is what I believe your dad needs to hear and
I am praying for you both at this time.
Blessings and love in Christ!
Hello Therese, and thank you :)

Why does the Word say.."He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases," when many christians remain unhealed to their dieing day? Please understand I'm not doubting God's Word. I only am trying my very best to understand what all this means right now in relation to His Word.

In His service,
GB
Hi Ginny Bear,

I am so sorry to learn of your family's sadness at this time. It must be so difficult.. I just want to encourage you..Jesus knows what you are going thru...He understands. I recommend a book to you.. 'In the eye of the storm' by Max Lucado...perhaps you could read it outloud with your Dad.

Also.. I have interpretted this "He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases," to mean.. that sin itself is the disease.. It is afterall the root of all sickness and disease. God has healed us from that if we are saved...and so Christ forgives us when we repent.

Be encouraged dear sister... You are loved here... and I know many brothers and sisters are here for you. God Bless you for reaching out. please continue to seek support and fellowship.
Love in Christ, Carla
oh yes.. one more thing I meant to say:

While God is concerned with what goes on in our lives here.. He is much more concerned about our Eternity.
Glenda,
This is what I knew about the word disease: dis-ease, when we have disease means we are at dis-ease from something.
I agree with God when He says that He puts His Word above His name ( this is my conviction). His Word says that He heals all of my dis-ease, I like to focus on this, confess this and nothing else even when hell break loose.
I pray that your dad does not give in to fear and trust in God our father through Jesus and believe in His love for him and that if he confess Jesus with his mouth and believe in his heart that Jesus took his place on the cross, will be saved and will spend eternity in heaven ( this is my revelation of God ).
Love in Christ :)
I like the 23rd Psalm. I would underline the phrases "shadow of death" and in the ending line " and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever."
Ginny, I am so sory to hear about your father, please know that we are with you and you are covered in our prayers. I have always found this verse comforting.

Isaiah 43

Israel's Only Savior

1 But now, this is what the LORD says—
he who created you, O Jacob,
he who formed you, O Israel:
"Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name; you are mine.

2 When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze.

3 For I am the LORD, your God.

To me it affirms Gods great love for us, He is our protector and no matter what trials we face, this affirms His love for us.

Praying for you
Moomins
My Dear GinnyBear. I am so sorry to hear of your Dad's illness. I lost my own Dad to lung cancer many years ago.
John 11:25-26 (New International Version)
25 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; 26 and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?"
Hi journeymanhd,

My empathy goes out to you for your loss, my dear friend. John 11:25-26 is very warming.

Blessings,
GB
I think the most comforting is Psalm 23: The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. God bless you both.
Hello,

First, I thank you all for these responses. This is a tough time, and I am leaning heavily on the Lord.

deedee,

I really enjoyed reading Psalm 91. Yet, my heart aches when I read passages that declare the Lord's protection against evil things, because it causes me to then wonder why so many christians suffer and die from things like cancer. Why does this happen, I wonder...is he really saved, and does this resemble punishment delivered by God to whom He considers wicked? I wish I could be totally certain my dad will be entering the Kingdom of heaven, which means I need to know that this cancer is not a punishment. I just wish I could understand why this happens. More than anything I want complete certainty that my dad is saved. I know my dad believes in the Lord Jesus Christ and receives Him as Savior, but I also know my dad as quite an imperfect man, thus I carry a small burden as to if my dad is absolutely saved and his name written in the Lambs book of life. Oh how I want definition! My greatest hope is that my dad will be joining Jesus for all eternity; I want to be without a doubt of this. Please know I deeply thank you for suggesting this passage. I enjoyed it very much. My consern is simply a natural response to what is happening, I suppose. I love my dad so very much, and I just want to know he will live on. Here is the part of Psalm 91 that struck my concern..."7 Though a thousand fall at your side, though ten thousand are dying around you, these evils will not touch you.8 But you will see it with your eyes; you will see how the wicked are punished"

Love in Christ,
GB

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service